talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pochettino: Diving Is A Lovely Trick & Referee Errors Are Beautiful

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Pochettino is in actual fact hitting out at hypocrisy within all of that. Each tribe has always seen itself as just throughout history. 

He didn't say anything about hypocrisy though? He just expressed surprise that we're all obsessed with such a minor thing as cheating and suggested we shouldn't criticise that snide cunt Dele Alli so much.

43 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

He didn't say anything about hypocrisy though? He just expressed surprise that we're all obsessed with such a minor thing as cheating and suggested we shouldn't criticise that snide cunt Dele Alli so much.

Indeed he didn’t use the word hypocrisy but read it thinking he’s saying everyone is rather hypocritical with all of this. Obviously the article contains other matters concerning cultural differences on their outlook on cheating. 

11 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

He’s crying about Rochdale’s pitch now. But Mauricio, I thought it was about “trying to trick your opponent”, you massive fucking hypocrite. 

There you go... Exactly as he says, everyone’s a hypocrite! :what:

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has clarified his comments on diving ahead of the north London derby this weekend.

Pochettino was criticised when he implied after Spurs midfielder Dele Alli was booked for simulation at Anfield on Sunday that diving was "a minimal issue" and that "football is about trying to trick your opponent".

The comments caused a stir but Pochettino says he was not seeking to condone diving, and pointed out that, in his opinion, he was a victim of it on one notable occasion when he was playing for Argentina.

"I am honest, always," said the Spurs boss. "And I gave you what I think, I feel.

"In 2002 my vision about English football - you [the media] laugh, because you know what I will say - I didn't touch Michael Owen [at the World Cup] and he dived.

"It's true that in that moment I didn't know English, I didn't talk English and I didn't hear the comments [following Owen's fall].

"But today we are so sensitive about details and sometimes it is difficult for me, because when you are honest and you try to explain the things - and my language is not English - it is hard to be right in my words.

"I don't like it when people twist my words, always my intention is to keep the sense of football That is why I said a few days ago that I love football, because football for me means to be creative.

"Don't feel the limits to try to - not cheat - but trick the opponent in a good way. That is how I feel about football. I am not going to change, that is my opinion."

16 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He hasn’t clarified anything and it all remains the same because I got where he was coming from in the first article. At least he hasn’t retracted anything which is the usual way after criticism.

It would be good to dig up some match reports from the papers to see what was said by the English press concerning the incident between Owen and Pochettino.  We know how much is made of diving when it’s against our best interests but I can’t recall what was said then which means probably not much like on the hand of god incident back in 86 and ever since.

• Subscriber

Pochettino is brilliant - I love him. 

He's spot on with regards to VAR and conveys exactly my concerns. Football shouldn't have such overanalysis during live play - although I disagree with him on the diving/trick side of things, although I see where he is coming from. 

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed he didn’t use the word hypocrisy but read it thinking he’s saying everyone is rather hypocritical with all of this. Obviously the article contains other matters concerning cultural differences on their outlook on cheating. 

I think you're superimposing your arguments onto his conclusions mate, because he said nothing of the sort. Can't really blame you for that though, because what he did say is unbelievably stupid.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

That is how I feel about football. I am not going to change, that is my opinion."

Has anyone ever seen Poch and Brian in the same room?

There's a difference between being happy about your team benefiting from a dive and saying "yeah it was a dive but I'm happy about the win" to being happy about your team benefiting from a dive and saying "diving isn't really that bad, no one should make a big deal out of it". I've seen idiots as well claim that diving is no different to a step over or any different from a foul to stop the play. Absolute stupidity.

Pochettino generally does come out with a lot of shit though. Hasn't won anything but has bought into the hype that the media has built up over him. Hopefully Dele Alli & Kane are a lot more scrutinised now that they're all proudly advocating cheating.

Media darlings Tottenham. What a bunch of cunts.

57 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I think you're superimposing your arguments onto his conclusions mate, because he said nothing of the sort. Can't really blame you for that though, because what he did say is unbelievably stupid.

Has anyone ever seen Poch and Brian in the same room?

You’ve over analysed mate, but I understand that and so should Poch when not mastering the English language.  He should just rely on someone to translate via a Fisher Price instrument. ;)

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, 6666 said:

There's a difference between being happy about your team benefiting from a dive and saying "yeah it was a dive but I'm happy about the win" to being happy about your team benefiting from a dive and saying "diving isn't really that bad, no one should make a big deal out of it". I've seen idiots as well claim that diving is no different to a step over or any different from a foul to stop the play. Absolute stupidity.

Pochettino generally does come out with a lot of shit though. Hasn't won anything but has bought into the hype that the media has built up over him. Hopefully Dele Alli & Kane are a lot more scrutinised now that they're all proudly advocating cheating.

Media darlings Tottenham. What a bunch of cunts.

xD

Superb.

I just don't get how you can have such faux hatred for a club you have zero connection to, or a rivalry that doesn't affect you on a day to day basis at all. 

14 minutes ago, Storts said:

xD

Superb.

I just don't get how you can have such faux hatred for a club you have zero connection to, or a rivalry that doesn't affect you on a day to day basis at all. 

This is how I know you're actually rattled. "Don't expose how scummy Tottenham are, I'm really North London me, that's why the stupid points I make are the only valid ones". Desperate stuff. :coffee:

You know you can't genuinely argue against Pochettino, Dele Alli & Kane being cheating cunts or Dier being a shit, rugby playing cunt. Shameful Middlesex team with fans that have bought into the media pretending Tottenham are a big club that have achieved a lot. :coffee:

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, 6666 said:

This is how I know you're actually rattled. "Don't expose how scummy Tottenham are, I'm really North London me, that's why the stupid points I make are the only valid ones". Desperate stuff. :coffee:

You know you can't genuinely argue against Pochettino, Dele Alli & Kane being cheating cunts or Dier being a shit, rugby playing cunt. Shameful Middlesex team with fans that have bought into the media pretending Tottenham are a big club that have achieved a lot. :coffee:

Not in the slightest bit rattled - just completely baffled by the stance you take when you have zero connection to any of this.

I could genuinely argue if i was so inclined to, which I’m not because it’s a waste of my time to, as in fairness are 90% of internet football discussions when they become tribal.

You continue to post your really passionate, I’m a real fan honest, anti spurs rhetoric though, because if it makes you feel better about yourself then that’s all that matters to me. 

See you at Wembley on Saturday 

22 hours ago, Blue said:

I want correct decisions, but not in this way. If we can keep it the way it is, that'd be great. Just work on improving the refs, not make them feel like robots.

You cant improve the referees without additional help like the VAR or something else, the refs have reached the human limit and they cant get any right(er) decisions by themselves alone. 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Not in the slightest bit rattled - just completely baffled by the stance you take when you have zero connection to any of this.

I could genuinely argue if i was so inclined to, which I’m not because it’s a waste of my time to, as in fairness are 90% of internet football discussions when they become tribal.

You continue to post your really passionate, I’m a real fan honest, anti spurs rhetoric though, because if it makes you feel better about yourself then that’s all that matters to me. 

See you at Wembley on Saturday 

This happens Everytime when you try to discuss an actual issue regarding Tottenham. xD

You're unable to dispute anything that's said and you just say "I'm a real fan, only what I say counts". Sad and pathetic.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, 6666 said:

This happens Everytime when you try to discuss an actual issue regarding Tottenham. xD

You're unable to dispute anything that's said and you just say "I'm a real fan, only what I say counts". Sad and pathetic.

I could dispute with someone that makes a fair and balanced argument but you don’t. Just partisan tribal stuff to try and make yourself seem like a real fan. 

8 minutes ago, Storts said:

I could dispute with someone that makes a fair and balanced argument but you don’t. Just partisan tribal stuff to try and make yourself seem like a real fan. 

Keep telling yourself that Storts. Your manager himself basically said he loves cheating. xD

Just for the gigs, I want Wilshere to dive in the box in the 94th minute and then score the winning penalty and take the shirt off in wembley this weeked, nothing more english than that I assume.  Would love to see the faces of Spurs fans and Pochettino after that  xD

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Asura said:

Just for the gigs, I want Wilshere to dive in the box in the 94th minute and then score the winning penalty and take the shirt off in wembley this weeked, nothing more english than that I assume.  Would love to see the faces of Spurs fans and Pochettino after that  xD

Doubt it, as usual will be shown up against us then subbed off injured after 50 minutes.

It's quite amusing to watch fans of the team that perfected the art in England with Henry and Pires etc. get so worked up 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

And Wenger didn't see it

Not seeing an incident  right after the game is actually quite normal but even if he saw a dive, saying he didn't see it really is different from saying a dive is a trick and it's no big deal. One signifies an acceptance it was wrong and not wanting to talk about it (or that he didn't actually see it which unless you saw replays already, is a fair thing to say) and the other signifies advocating cheating.

What I find interesting is that Pochettino starting to respond to Dele Alli catching heat for diving by mentioning how English players dive as well forgetting that an English player is being talked about...

It's obvious that Pochettino saw it as people having a go at him rather than just the player, and the reason he saw it as something against himself is because he obviously tells the players to go out there and cheat if necessary and it's like people are criticising his tactics when they criticise his divers. Even mentioned how he used to practice diving as a player to suggest it's normal.

The moron just came out and said this thinking people would go "yeah, fair enough". xD

Pretty sure the number of dives Henry and Pires dove in their entire career, Kane and Alli have already surpassed that in the last two seasons. 

Plus the manager didn't come out and claim how it was a lovely trick and how it should not be eliminated as it hurts the english traditional side of the game xD

1 minute ago, Asura said:

Plus the manager didn't come out and claim how it was a lovely trick and how it should not be eliminated as it hurts the english traditional side of the gam

Of course not, if I remember rightly Wenger never saw the dives! xD

Archived