The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 23 Fixtures - 9th-12th February 2018

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

watched first half of Sevilla vs Girona. 0-0 at half-time but plenty of action.

Sergio Rico made 3 brilliant saves including 1 from a penalty towards the end of the first half. Kind of brought the game to live despite it being end to end. Don't think it'll end 0-0!

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Sevilla really suffered to win that one against Girona. But then again so have so many others like Barcelona and Real Madrid even lost to them. It’s bo easy task at times. 

in the early stages of the game Sevilla were on top. Girona gradually got control as the half went on and really should have been ahead if it wasn't for Sergio Rico's reflexes. 

I don't think Sevilla would have cared how they got the win though after losing so many in a row in the league. Puts an end to the losing streak they were on and the main thing is the 3 points for them. 

Half-Time 0-0 at the Camp Nou between Barcelona and Getafe.

Very slow in that first half from Barç with not much to get nervous about for Getafe. But then again Ter Stegen was practically a spectator in that first period. A magnificent finish from Luis Suárez at the end of the first period had me off my seat for it to get ruled off-side.

I have to say that Valverde has been either brave or stupid with that make shift back line. Lucky Getafe haven’t been all that interested in pressing Barça at the back. 

• Administrator

Dembele has given the ball away about 3 or 4 times in as many minutes and it's seriously pissng me off. Great way to slow the tempo and break down attacks when the passing isn't on point.

• Administrator

A very disappointing performance overall. Getafe very tough to break down and resilient in their defence. Can't remember any real clear cut chances for Barca which emphasises how difficult it was and how well they defended. Frustrating performance to say the least.

Shit performance from Barcelona. There’s no excuses and there were never any moments of real pressure at home, the sort you’re used to seeing from this team. They were too confident that the moment would arrive but the football was never there today for this to occur.

A lot is probably being made from Getafe’s defending today, but that’ll be overrated because Barça never really pressed them or tested them.

Fair result. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Shit performance from Barcelona. There’s no excuses and there were never any moments of real pressure at home, the sort you’re used to seeing from this team. They were too confident that the moment would arrive but the football was never there today for this to occur.

A lot is probably being made from Getafe’s defending today, but that’ll be overrated because Barça never really pressed them or tested them.

Fair result. 

they did. it just wasn't effective because of how good Getafe's defending was. I wouldn't say it's over-rated. They did what was expected. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

they did. it just wasn't effective because of how good Getafe's defending was. I wouldn't say it's over-rated. They did what was expected. 

I don’t see it that way simply because of the way Barcelona were lacking spark and speed in their passing. Logic tells me that Getafe aren’t the ones to find out something and implement it at the Camp Nou that nobody better all season hasn’t managed to do. There are teams that have really defended better and gotten a draw this season with Barça clicking.

I’m not saying Getafe didn’t defend well mind you. They did, but that’s not the reason behind this draw. A lot in this particular case has to do with how Barcelona played. 

A very poor performance and hopefully just a one off due to the difficult mid-week cup tie against Valencia which could have caused fatigue.

One of the positives though was Yerry Mina. he made a couple of mistakes, but overall had a very good performance and was in fact the player who looked most likely to score, which shows he also offers something in attack as we have seen from Pique over the years. There is no doubt this lad will get chances and be third choice defender. He should get plenty of minutes and could offer a lot of strength in depth in the centre back position for many years along with Umtiti.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived