• Mo Salah
    • Roberto Firmino
    • Other
  3. 3. A Red Card?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think everybody would admit to Firmino flopping like a kipper. Difference Is, unlike spurs, we didn't get gifted a result from it.

Storts is still claiming that both pens last week were legitimate. And then you all talk about our hypocrisy! Do me a favour.

• The topic was unpinned

Teams having players that dive isn't anything new. Fans enjoying whatever advantage that a dive brings isn't anything new either but there's a difference between enjoying the advantage and trying to justify diving. Also a difference between a player choosing to dive and a manager having diving as part of his tactics...

14 hours ago, Inverted said:

I wonder if Liverpool are trying to play in a more disciplined, reactive way in preparation for the CL. Against Spurs and again today it seemed like they were purposefully rejecting chances to hold onto possession and just attempting counterattacks all the time. 

Against Spurs it backfired a bit because Spurs could just bombard their box but against a less physically imposing team it worked today. 

No idea how Porto play but maybe they feel that sitting deeper and sucking Porto in is the best way to play the first leg. Or it could just be a coincidence in how the last few games have played out.

Not been watching much of Porto but I know they've got a nice balance between strenght and technical quality.

It's very tough to beat them at home, that I can tell you.

In the new stadium (since 2003) their home record is one of the most impressive in Europe. They've only got 14 losses in 226 league games and for the Champions League they've lost 20 in 105 home games.

12 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I can see Corona scoring one or two goals versus Liverpool.  Klopp is probably encouraging his players to dive any chance they get.

I just wish we had Mourinho due to him not being a total dicked for 2 weeks. 

Archived