• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 10th February

football forum

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

That first half was appalling, the second however was plain sailing. Palace were absolutely shite and are in real trouble if they put in performances like that week in and week out. 

The crowd lets themselves down today too, anyone booing Schneiderlin should hang their head in shame. 

I wouldn't read too much in to our performance to be honest - just because our injury list is in to double figures. The squads morale must have been somewhat depleted in the last hour to find out that Sakho was no longer playing too.

That said, anybody who complains about Gareth Southgate this summer should be forced to watch that first half because there's no way the alternatives would be any better. That first half was slow, dull and boring. I fancied Everton to win by the odd goal at half time just because they had Tosun and Bolasie on the bench to add pace, whilst we had nobody. We were somewhat unfortunate to go a goal down to a deflected effort, but the lethargic effort contributed to both other goals. Most fans are being critical towards Hennessey but I think he's being used as a scapegoat (again).

The promise for us today was that Sorloth seems to have something about him. He looks the part but he seems to have more movement and technical ability than I expected.  Fans are being critical towards Benteke for his misses but I thought he did well to generate the power he did. It will click for him at some point, he just needs to keep the belief. 

A horrible month ahead for us now. Hopefully from mid March we will have our key players fit again when the run in picks up and we can sprint to 35+ points when it matters.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator

the last few minutes of that Stoke/Brighton game looked class.

Foul in the box, Jese throwing a hissy fit, Adam missing the penalty, should have had another penalty from the rebound, Adam nearly scoring from the corner, Knockaert goal-line clearance. 

Must have been good to be in that Brighton end. 

Archived