talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

New Serie A Television Deal

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still a thoroughly unfair deal for the smaller clubs, even if it is better than the previous deal. As even if a team like Atalanta finish well ahead of Milan, they still will make less money as Milan has a bigger fanbase. It's quite a ridiculous situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Some interesting details about the new deal in the article above.

Mediapro’s entry could prove to be a game changer for Serie A, an outsider bringing fresh ideas to the table. In fact, several provisions have already been made upon completion of the deal. Firstly, the grass on all pitches must be the same height and the density of green must be identical. Secondly, advertising boards around the pitch must have precise colours. And thirdly, and perhaps the most important stipulation, is that the sections of the stadium that are in direct line of the hard camera must be filled with spectators. If clubs fail to comply then they will be sanctioned, a process already in place in La Liga.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2018 at 18:28, Eco said:

Read about this - Seems to thoroughly screw over Juventus, but oh well. :ay:

How is Serie A coverage in North America? I keep seeing people complaining about BeIN, who currently have the rights, and them not showing some of the prime games of the season.

The league has actually sold its International rights, for the next deal, cheaper to IMG purely because they expect them to be able to increase the visibility of the league around the world. But this might also involve more non-Sunday 3pm kickoffs, especially after the experiment last season of a Saturday lunchtime kickoff.

• 2 months later...
On 3/18/2018 at 14:44, ScoRoss said:

How is Serie A coverage in North America? I keep seeing people complaining about BeIN, who currently have the rights, and them not showing some of the prime games of the season.

The league has actually sold its International rights, for the next deal, cheaper to IMG purely because they expect them to be able to increase the visibility of the league around the world. But this might also involve more non-Sunday 3pm kickoffs, especially after the experiment last season of a Saturday lunchtime kickoff.

It's okay - BeIN does a decent job, but you don't get to watch many matches that don't include Inter, Juve, AC, or Roma. Even Napoli and Lazio aren't on as much as I would like to think. 

5 hours ago, Eco said:

It's okay - BeIN does a decent job, but you don't get to watch many matches that don't include Inter, Juve, AC, or Roma. Even Napoli and Lazio aren't on as much as I would like to think. 

Pretty much that. I mean, I'm not surprised - it's a bit similar with US coverage of the prem (although more of the matches are on). But if I want to watch Cagliari, they basically have to be playing Milan, Juve, Inter, or Roma - which is usually not great viewing for Cagliari fans xD - I like BeIN a hell of a lot more than Fox though. Fox's CL coverage was an abomination, so much so that I'm going to watch the World Cup on Univision despite not knowing how to speak Spanish.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Pretty much that. I mean, I'm not surprised - it's a bit similar with US coverage of the prem (although more of the matches are on). But if I want to watch Cagliari, they basically have to be playing Milan, Juve, Inter, or Roma - which is usually not great viewing for Cagliari fans xD - I like BeIN a hell of a lot more than Fox though. Fox's CL coverage was an abomination, so much so that I'm going to watch the World Cup on Univision despite not knowing how to speak Spanish.

The one thing I'll give BEin, is that they have one announcer, not sure his name, but usually does the La Liga games and might be the most entertaining announcer I've ever heard, in any sport. xD

I switched to Fubo.tv, and they have a lot more of a selection of games. 

Just now, Eco said:

The one thing I'll give BEin, is that they have one announcer, not sure his name, but usually does the La Liga games and might be the most entertaining announcer I've ever heard, in any sport. xD

I switched to Fubo.tv, and they have a lot more of a selection of games. 

I know who you're talking about, but I also don't have a clue what his name is. He's hilarious though.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I know who you're talking about, but I also don't have a clue what his name is. He's hilarious though.

Found him - 

Ray Hudson

• 2 weeks later...

Important paragraph at the bottom of the article highlighting that Serie A games will be spread across eight different kick off times, effectively meaning there will only be three traditional Sunday afternoon games.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Important paragraph at the bottom of the article highlighting that Serie A games will be spread across eight different kick off times, effectively meaning there will only be three traditional Sunday afternoon games.

just like Saurday 3pm in England for Premier League becoming redundant. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Dazn win the domestic rights for Serie A.

Might be wrong, but probably the first major league to have their television deal exclusively with a streaming service, rather than a traditional television company. 

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

Yes!!

Love that. Now that they've lost Bundesliga I can get on board with that being replaced with Serie A.

Bonus that James Richardson is doing that weekend show too. 

1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

Serie A returns to BT Sport.

Just need James Richardson to present it and we're all set.

In the local market square, chilling with an Espresso and the latest copy of Gazetta Dello Sport.

Be epic if BT snuck in a 'Gollllllllllaaaaazzzzoooo' at the end of their intro to games.

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

In the local market square, chilling with an Espresso and the latest copy of Gazetta Dello Sport.

Be epic if BT snuck in a 'Gollllllllllaaaaazzzzoooo' at the end of their intro to games.

OIP.rczV6y8xiFyhpsNUh4KLgwHaEK?pid=ImgDe

Archived