talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rochdale's Pitch

football forum

A lot of fuss has been made about this all week. Neil Harris described it as the worst pitch he has ever seen, and Pochetino has said he's concerned about his players playing on it in the next round.

Jim White and co. were being pretty disrespectful about the club today on Talksport this morning and a representative for the club came on and absolutely backed him and Bob Mills in to a corner. It was brilliant watching them get tongue tied and twist their words. I've been searching for a clip of it.

Anyways, what's your view on it? Should something be done or are Rochdale in their right to have whatever pitch they want as long as it passes an inspection?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

A lot of fuss has been made about this all week. Neil Harris described it as the worst pitch he has ever seen, and Pochetino has said he's concerned about his players playing on it in the next round.

Jim White and co. were being pretty disrespectful about the club today on Talksport this morning and a representative for the club came on and absolutely backed him and Bob Mills in to a corner. It was brilliant watching them get tongue tied and twist their words. I've been searching for a clip of it.

Anyways, what's your view on it? Should something be done or are Rochdale in their right to have whatever pitch they want as long as it passes an inspection?

Is this what you were looking for?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I disagree, I listened to it all and he just came across as a bit of an idiot if you ask me.

However, second point is right. They can have whatever pitch they see fit as long as it meets safety standards. 

They are clearly doing the best they can. They probably have one of the smallest budgets in the league and are in an area which has some of the highest rainfall. Shock, horror, the pitch is shit. Yeah it is shit, but they should be applauded for getting it on.

Easy for Poch to say when spurs are renting wembley.

Artificial surfaces are awful. I would bet a lot of money that long term more injuries would occur on artificial pitches than they would on Rochdale's surface.

2 hours ago, Marc said:

They are clearly doing the best they can. They probably have one of the smallest budgets in the league and are in an area which has some of the highest rainfall. Shock, horror, the pitch is shit. Yeah it is shit, but they should be applauded for getting it on.

Easy for Poch to say when spurs are renting wembley.

Artificial surfaces are awful. I would bet a lot of money that long term more injuries would occur on artificial pitches than they would on Rochdale's surface.

Ray Parlour (of all people) did point out you're less likely to get ligament injuries on a pitch like Rochdale's. I guess you may be more susceptable to a pulled hamstring but that's not going to rule you out of a world cup at this stage of the season.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has apologised to FA Cup opponents Rochdale after criticising the state of the pitch at Spotland.  

Pochettino had previously claimed that the playing surface at Spotland was "not in a condition to play football" and could pose a "massive risk" to his players when the two teams meet on Sunday.

Rochdale postponed their game against Fleetwood Town on Saturday in order to lay a new pitch and Pochettino thanked the Sky Bet League One side for relaying the surface ahead of the fifth-round clash.

Archived