talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Thread for Useless, but Interesting Facts

football forum

26 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The Nose and Ears are the only things on the human body that continue to grow until you die... 

I took this selfie this morning just to prove its true... 

Image result for big ears and nose

Then why do i have to repeat everything three times to my grandparents ?

1 hour ago, Devon Von Devon said:

USA vs Canada(then British Empire) was the first international cricket match and the first international match in any sport in 1884.

The last part of that can't be right. England were playing Scotland in football and rugby well before that.

4 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Then why do i have to repeat everything three times to my grandparents ?

Because as we get older we have selective hearing.. It tends to filter out criticism and general moaning but amplifies compliments and such like...  

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 3

In Britain when you take a shit in the toilet it makes its way to a sewage treatment plant where it goes through a complex process to be turned into fertilizer. When you are in the countryside and can smell poo it is not cows, it is actually human poo that has been spread on crops.

Enjoy your sunday lunch veg guys.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2018 at 10:29, Kitchen Sales said:

In Britain when you take a shit in the toilet it makes its way to a sewage treatment plant where it goes through a complex process to be turned into fertilizer. When you are in the countryside and can smell poo it is not cows, it is actually human poo that has been spread on crops.

Enjoy your sunday lunch veg guys.

You are officially a cunt. You've ruined my toby carvery tomorrow

Edited by Guest

On 30/03/2018 at 14:18, Devon Von Devon said:

USA vs Canada(then British Empire) was the first international cricket match and the first international match in any sport in 1884.

You fucker I was just about to say that

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, ...Dan said:

The expression "to be packed like sardines" exists in several languages. I know for certain that it exists in french and spanish...there were more but I don't remember them.

In Portuguese as well, ahah.

3 hours ago, ...Dan said:

The expression "to be packed like sardines" exists in several languages. I know for certain that it exists in french and spanish...there were more but I don't remember them.

Here it is "hacinados como vacas/ganado/animales" which translates into "crammed like cows/cattle/animals" but the meaning it's the same, yeah.

14 hours ago, ...Dan said:

@nudge does it exist in any of your languages?

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

@nudge does it exist in any of your languages?

Yes, exactly the same expression in Lithuanian (kaip silkės statinėje), German (wie Sardinen in der Büchse), Russian (как сельди в бочке). 

There are surprisingly many expressions that are shared in multiple languages (and not only those that are connected!), and I always wondered about it; did every culture develop them independently, or were those just shared between languages/cultures at some point? Similar to how we seem to share similar myths, legends, fairy tales; it's fascinating.

Edited by nudge