talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Thread for Useless, but Interesting Facts

football forum

15 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

image.png

Fucking hell.... If there are lot's of Japanese single women over the age of 25 just floating about unwanted I wouldn't mind having a nibble on some of that cake... B|

13 hours ago, Tommy said:

Fucking hell, imagine the social pressure that is put on them. Pretty sure many women under 25 just end up with someone they don't really like, just because of that. Pretty gruesome. 

A Japanese friend said this is outdated slang, and not really a cultural thing at all. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spike said:

A Japanese friend said this is outdated slang, and not really a cultural thing at all. 

Glad to hear that. From what I know I think Japanese culture can be hardcore when it comes to tradition. 

43 minutes ago, Spike said:

Weird I’m getting quoted but not seeing anything @Tommy not even my original post 

43 minutes ago, Spike said:

Weird I’m getting quoted but not seeing anything @Tommy not even my original post 

Huh? I see everything? Have you had too many of those cheap beers already? :ph34r:

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

Some real estate magnet uprooted large parts of mangroves for a housing society here few years ago. All the fancy houses were flooded lol

The 2004 tsunami in Sri Lanka showed the importance of mangroves ecosystem pretty clearly, too - take two villages on the Southern Coast for comparison, one of them surrounded by 200ha of dense, healthy mangroves, the other one by severely damaged, degraded mangroves. The casualties in the first one were the lowest in all Sri Lanka, only 2. The second one had around 6000 people killed... 

• Upvote 2