The better place to talk football.

The Thread for Useless, but Interesting Facts

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

loading-cat.gif

A day = the time it takes for a planet to rotate once around its axis

A year = the time it takes for a planet to complete one orbit around the Sun

It takes Venus 243 Earth days to rotate around its own axis, therefore 1 Venus day = 243 Earth days. 

It takes Venus 225 Earth days to make a full orbit around the Sun, therefore 1 Venus year = 225 Earth days.

243 > 225, therefore 1 Venus day is longer than 1 Venus year.

it-is-very-confusing-gregory-brown.gif

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

A day = the time it takes for a planet to rotate once around its axis

A year = the time it takes for a planet to complete one orbit around the Sun

It takes Venus 243 Earth days to rotate around its own axis, therefore 1 Venus day = 243 Earth days. 

It takes Venus 225 Earth days to make a full orbit around the Sun, therefore 1 Venus year = 225 Earth days.

243 > 225, therefore 1 Venus day is longer than 1 Venus year.

it-is-very-confusing-gregory-brown.gif

Yea, I googled it and figured it out. Very confusing indeed. 

Until quite recently I wasn't even sure which ones are Gas giants, and which ones are terrestrial. I felt dumb as shit. xD Only when we spoke about the Apps and spotting planets etc. I did a proper Wikipedia research. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I googled it and figured it out. Very confusing indeed. 

Until quite recently I wasn't even sure which ones are Gas giants, and which ones are terrestrial. I felt dumb as shit. xD Only when we spoke about the Apps and spotting planets etc. I did a proper Wikipedia research. 

I always wondered what would happen if you attempted to make a landing on a gaseous planet. Like, obviously you can't land as there's no surface, but what exactly would happen? Well I mean in reality you would just get crushed by immense pressure, but ignoring that. Would you just fly through the planet? xD Or are there some liquid layers you can swim through? Or is there an actual solid core? So many questions... xD 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I always wondered what would happen if you attempted to make a landing on a gaseous planet. Like, obviously you can't land as there's no surface, but what exactly would happen? Well I mean in reality you would just get crushed by immense pressure, but ignoring that. Would you just fly through the planet? xD Or are there some liquid layers you can swim through? Or is there an actual solid core? So many questions... xD 

I instantly had to think of Interstellar. xD 

interstellar.gif

But yea, it would be interesting to know. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Just watching a documentary about Venus on Youtube, and they put Venus next to Earth to show the difference in their rotation speed. It's crazy how fast Earth rotates compared to Venus. 

Yep, Venus rotates very slowly and also "backwards" (i.e. in the opposite direction to other planets). Such a weirdo! xD 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yep, Venus rotates very slowly and also "backwards" (i.e. in the opposite direction to other planets). Such a weirdo! xD 

It was once Earth's sister, but then decided to become that edgy teenager. 

• Haha 1

• Administrator

Clint Eastwood says he still has the same poncho he wore in the spaghetti westerns (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, etc) and it has never been washed in 54 years and it's still sitting in a glass case in his house.

download.png.3978d66728e0e44463ce539dd06

Just an interesting fact I learned recently :ph34r:

• Haha 3

• Subscriber

Clint Eastwood says he still has the same poncho he wore in the spaghetti westerns (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, etc) and it has never been washed in 54 years and it's still sitting in a glass case in his house.

download.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7934597/Clint-Eastwood-reveals-owns-iconic-54-year-old-poncho.html

8 hours ago, Stan said:

Just an interesting fact I learned recently :ph34r:

Thanks @Stan, just about to post that and you beat me to it. xD

Edited by CaaC (John)

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

A little teeny, weeny one breaking into a house but one that size, fuck that...:eek:

The way he kicked that door and then used his paw to stop the door from swinging back at him; that's obviously an experienced intruder at work here xD 

"NOW WHERE'S MY FUCKING PORRIDGE???" 

• Haha 3

• Subscriber

Stalin, Hitler, Trotsky, Tito, Freud and Archduke Franz Ferdinand were all living in Vienna in the summer of 1913, and most of them frequented Café Central. 

This is useful information for time travelers looking for an easy, almost effortless way to drastically change the course of history xD 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Stalin, Hitler, Trotsky, Tito, Freud and Archduke Franz Ferdinand were all living in Vienna in the summer of 1913, and most of them frequented Café Central. 

This is useful information for time travelers looking for an easy, almost effortless way to drastically change the course of history xD 

Maybe I should get this car. 🤔

324514021_918735556208032_9039046709543340609_n.jpg

• Haha 2