talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Thread for Useless, but Interesting Facts

football forum

• Administrator

I learnt today that possession stats in football are not to do with amount of time spent on the ball, but instead percentage of completed passes in the game. 

And apparently it's been like that for years xD

• Administrator

I learned recently that when you’re stressed cortisol is released and your body shuts down all non essential systems. The need to be alert to danger to escape. However long term this has serious health implications. Because one of the systems deemed non essential by your body is your immune system. It gives the saying “my job is killing me” a somewhat apt context 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Dan said:

Between Russia and Alaska there are two islands separated by a few miles, with a 21 hour time difference.

The Diomedes, however I believe Russia has all but evacuated their island. The other belongs to the States 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
6 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Japan Lateness

Half true. The slips are real I believe but you’d have to get them yourself. The apologizing to each passenger is not. Imagine that? 1000 people or more on trains... doesn’t happen to my knowledge. Nice idea though. 

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Half true. The slips are real I believe but you’d have to get them yourself. The apologizing to each passenger is not. Imagine that? 1000 people or more on trains... doesn’t happen to my knowledge. Nice idea though. 

You believe???? 

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Well, I haven’t seen them but have heard about them so I suppose yes they are Haha 

Been checking up on it... some of the stories are from people that have lived in Japan for some time ( 15 years ) some not so long ( 2 years ) and they claim that apologies are either dished out on the tannoy system or passengers are offered an apology as they are leaving each station by the attendants on the gates?? That would mean in theory each passenger could have an apology but as you say when you are dealing with hundreds of passengers going through a mainline station this would probably not be practical or even possible.. could you imagine that happening at Waterloo or Kings Cross for example but then London Transport don't give a toss about passengers over here or even how late the trains are but over there they take lateness far more seriously hence the lateness slips which all the comments I read indicate are in fact true... 

Some thought that a personal apology was more likely on trains that ran further out from the main stations as passengers were a lot less which would make more sense.. 

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Japan Lateness

6 hours ago, Toinho said:

@Bluewolf and fake news :ph34r: :o

That would be incredible though if train staff individually apologised though. Maybe on trains where passengers aren't packed in like sardines it could be conceivable to happen I guess. 

The lateness slips are generous - I imagine over here if you gave that to your wanker of a boss they'd just tear it up in your face and say they don't care and you should have got an earlier train or some unreasonable shite like that xD

3 hours ago, Stan said:

@Bluewolf and fake news :ph34r: :o

That would be incredible though if train staff individually apologised though. Maybe on trains where passengers aren't packed in like sardines it could be conceivable to happen I guess. 

The lateness slips are generous - I imagine over here if you gave that to your wanker of a boss they'd just tear it up in your face and say they don't care and you should have got an earlier train or some unreasonable shite like that xD

I think because its a given over here that you are going to be late 2 or 3 times a week the way the trains run... 

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

I think because its a given over here that you are going to be late 2 or 3 times a week the way the trains run... 

Or trains just don't turn up xD 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...