talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

It's Time To End The Style Atrocity Of The Super Skinny Jean

football forum

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

I must admit I've always been a bit of an old school when it comes to things like that in general, though. Also, after spending 4 years far away from Europe, it just blows my mind a little bit because nobody dresses like that here - not a single person, despite of age or nationality, so it probably looks even more ridiculous to me than you can imagine, haha. 

Indeed... Where you’ve been inhabiting over the recent past has surely cleared your mind off of all the meaningless rubbish we’re conditioned to think in the West.  It’s obviously giving you the correct direction in how you view and appreciate otherly things that in reality have absolutely no importance.

But... And it’s an important but.  In the West you have to appreciate the fact that life runs at a different rate and thought process.  A process that isn’t about to be changed radically no matter how much some intellectuals think it’s possible.  Aside from all of that, it is the clear mind in a case such as yours and even others where a contaminated one feeds us almost identical information gives us an answer that when looked upon and then observed in the sense of a continuance, we find the whole thing strangely off putting.

It’s obvious that looks terrible aesthetically, but even understanding and accepting that, you will then get people with bodies that aren’t as gracefully  (narcissism) manipulated falling into the trap and wearing something that from the obscene we arrive at the abhorrent.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed... Where you’ve been inhabiting over the recent past has surely cleared your mind off of all the meaningless rubbish we’re conditioned to think in the West.  It’s obviously giving you the correct direction in how you view and appreciate otherly things that in reality have absolutely no importance.

But... And it’s an important but.  In the West you have to appreciate the fact that life runs at a different rate and thought process.  A process that isn’t about to be changed radically no matter how much some intellectuals think it’s possible.  Aside from all of that, it is the clear mind in a case such as yours and even others where a contaminated one feeds us almost identical information gives us an answer that when looked upon and then observed in the sense of a continuance, we find the whole thing strangely off putting.

It’s obvious that looks terrible aesthetically, but even understanding and accepting that, you will then get people with bodies that aren’t as gracefully  (narcissism) manipulated falling into the trap and wearing something that from the obscene we arrive at the abhorrent.

To be fair, having spent most of my formative years growing up in a post-Soviet country, I've already been conditioned to think differently than the same generation in the West. 

That said, every decade and every culture has gone through some silly fashion trends that looked completely ridiculous, so this is not something completely new... 

Those jeans are 'super skinny to be fair. Normal skinny jeans are just a little bit tighter than the slim fit. I wear skinny jeans but they are never tight against my legs. I hate baggy jeans cause you just look either like a trollop or some old dad with no style....balon. 

These are the 'skinny' jeans I'll wear. I don't think there's anything wrong with the fit on them.

https://m.asos.com/asos/asos-plus-stretch-slim-jeans-in-dark-wash-blue/prd/8779973?CTARef=Saved Items Image

I just realised those jeans say slim haha, but the skinny ones I have are the exact same. 

28 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Those jeans are 'super skinny to be fair. Normal skinny jeans are just a little bit tighter than the slim fit. I wear skinny jeans but they are never tight against my legs. I hate baggy jeans cause you just look either like a trollop or some old dad with no style....balon. 

These are the 'skinny' jeans I'll wear. I don't think there's anything wrong with the fit on them.

https://m.asos.com/asos/asos-plus-stretch-slim-jeans-in-dark-wash-blue/prd/8779973?CTARef=Saved Items Image

I just realised those jeans say slim haha, but the skinny ones I have are the exact same. 

Each brand seems to have their own take on “skinny” (without going into the absurd realms of super skinny). For example I have three pairs of Clavin Klein skinny jeans and they’re not stuck to the leg as you call it.

The ones you’ve shown an example of most brands call “tapered jeans” which is a carrot style narrow in the calf region and widening slightly as you go toward the hip area.

These are the latest I’ve bought by Replay Jeans and they’re straight legged jeans which you’ll appreciate they’re not baggy at all.

https://m.replayjeans.com/gb/shop/product/jeans/jeans-slim/grover-made-in-italy-straight-fit-jeans/pc/20/c/25/6129

1 minute ago, Any O'Brien said:

Could be worse, could be boot cut jeans....

They're not worse mate although I know what you mean. Super Skinny jeans are a horror show!

I wouldn't be surprised if boot cut jeans come back in the next 3 to 4 years. ;)

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They're not worse mate although I know what you mean. Super Skinny jeans are a horror show!

I wouldn't be surprised if boot cut jeans come back in the next 3 to 4 years. ;)

Boot cut jeans make my skin crawl, especially accompanied with a pair of shoes. There's a Twitter account dedicated to rinsing it haha.

Super skinny jeans are shocking like, as well as the whole no socks and a pair of pathetic as fuck sandal things.

Boot cuts are worse though I reckon.

10 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

Boot cut jeans make my skin crawl, especially accompanied with a pair of shoes. There's a Twitter account dedicated to rinsing it haha.

Super skinny jeans are shocking like, as well as the whole no socks and a pair of pathetic as fuck sandal things.

Boot cuts are worse though I reckon.

Boot cut jeans were a thing of the end of the 90s and start of the 2000s... It’s like everything to do with fashion because it goes in cycles and then when something else is ingrained in our phsyche we can’t imagine ourselves wearing it. I remember 80s fashion very well and during the 90s and start of the 2000s the same was said in terms of “no way would I ever wear that even dead”.  Well now it’s coming back and there are already various 80s retro styles people are wearing and more so this summer. 

So it’s only natural that boot cut jeans will return at some point! xD

There’s another detail to add on boot cut jeans because from there 70s flairs on jeans came back for a few years and that was a big bet by the fashion industry. 

18 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Boot cut jeans are fucking atrocious but you just know Balon wears them....with a pair of shiny black shoes and a tweed blazer 😂

To be honest I do still have two pairs of Diesel boot cut jeans from back in the day somewhere in the wardrobe that receives all the old stuff because I'm hesitant to throw some stuff away. xD

You know... I've always wanted to own a tweed blazer.  Just haven't found the one that goes with how I feel because believe it or not, Ive got quite a rugged character and prefer dirty jeans and a white t-shirt. :/

22 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Boot cut jeans were a thing of the end of the 90s and start of the 2000s... It’s like everything to do with fashion because it goes in cycles and then when something else is ingrained in our phsyche we can’t imagine ourselves wearing it. I remember 80s fashion very well and during the 90s and start of the 2000s the same was said in terms of “no way would I ever wear that even dead”.  Well now it’s coming back and there are already various 80s retro styles people are wearing and more so this summer. 

So it’s only natural that boot cut jeans will return at some point! xD

There’s another detail to add on boot cut jeans because from there 70s flairs on jeans came back for a few years and that was a big bet by the fashion industry. 

Aye you're right about fashion going round in loops. I'm not arsed about following fashion etc, although I do admit that i wouldn't wear certain clothing brands because of their reputation. I just can't see boot cuts being acceptable to modern generations. They're not exactly ridiculed by older generations but if any of my mates wore them they would be rinsed. It's pathetic like but it's funny.

7 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

Aye you're right about fashion going round in loops. I'm not arsed about following fashion etc, although I do admit that i wouldn't wear certain clothing brands because of their reputation. I just can't see boot cuts being acceptable to modern generations. They're not exactly ridiculed by older generations but if any of my mates wore them they would be rinsed. It's pathetic like but it's funny.

Anyone would be rinsed for wearing them without boots...if you were big Timberlands for example then they wouldn't look as bad...if you wore a pair of Adidas trainers then your night is going to be very bad xD

On 11/02/2018 at 11:17, SirBalon said:

But even a latin american like me notice the difference. Granted it´s a very small sample size, but I´ve found curious how in Brazil or in Latin America for that matter compared to Europe there is a much clearer difference in the way both genders dresses. 

Archived