talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 13th February - Juventus 2-2 Tottenham (1st Leg)

football forum

Juventus vs Tottenham  

5 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

2. 2. First Goalscorer

• Gonzalo Higuain
    • Paulo Dybala
    • Harry Kane
    • Christian Eriksen
  3. 3. Amount of Goals

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm not having that an on form Spurs is nowhere near Juve, but they do look really nervous here and against probably the 4th best team in Europe, that doesn't bode well.

Just shows yet again that tactically, Serie A is much better than the PL.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

I'm not having that an on form Spurs is nowhere near Juve, but they do look really nervous here and against probably the 4th best team in Europe, that doesn't bode well.

Just shows yet again that tactically, Serie A is much better than the PL.

it's 10 minutes in 1 game.

Calm yourself. 

Just now, Stan said:

Calm yourself. 

I think the last 3/4 years have proven my point but I never said it was better overall

Just now, Stan said:

Calm yourself. 

Especially considering italian teams are in general atrocious in England. But one thing must be said, Allegri' s capability to adapt  and find solutions despite the fact Juventus always lose key players during the summer transfer windows is incredible, not to mention the different attitude in european matches from what they had during the Conte era.

2 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Especially considering italian teams are in general atrocious in England. But one thing must be said, Allegri' s capability to adapt  and find solutions despite the fact Juventus always lose key players during the summer transfer windows is incredible, not to mention the different attitude in european matches from what they had during the Conte era.

I'm only looking at a tactical point of view. The PL has better players but tactically the Italians piss all over them. Some of the transfers are laughable when you look at certain teams in England's system or some are done for marketing etc. I think Italy is a bit more serious and I'd say bar Guardiola, Italy has better and more underrated managers. Sarri, Allegri, Spalletti are a few examples of managers I rate, where as in the PL I only highly rate Conte and Guardiola. Some have become just names like Mourinho and Rafa while othersare managers I think are good but aren't top tacticians in my eyes. Pochettino and Klopp.

If Spurs go through here we'll have to look at that Higuain miss.

I know it wasn't the easiest chance to bury but at this standard of football which a player of Higuain's calibre, you've got to put the game away with a chance like that.

Great goal from Kane, as I mentioned if Spurs were to score a goal, would have been through Alli who's got the assisters eye today. Doing brilliantly to hold up the ball until he sees some open space and he timed that pass just right.

Juventus are brilliant but like I've said before, an on form Spurs is a threat for anyone.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Great goal from Kane, as I mentioned if Spurs were to score a goal, would have been through Alli who's got the assisters eye today. Doing brilliantly to hold up the ball until he sees some open space and he timed that pass just right.

Juventus are brilliant but like I've said before, an on form Spurs is a threat for anyone.

2 minutes ago you were saying Italian football pisses all over the English

xD 

Dele Alli and Harry Kane is genuinely one of my favourite duo's in football. They compliment each other so well and know how they will move across the pitch, and where they will be in order to pass it or cross it to one another.

The communication and teamwork there is excellent.

Spurs goal was long coming, it was all Spurs in the first half so far despite what the scoreboard says. Juventus are embarrassing to sit so deep and let Spurs have so much possession at home in a Champions league knockout match. 

Just now, Asura said:

Spurs goal was long coming, it was all Spurs in the first half so far despite what the scoreboard says. Juventus are embarrassing to sit so deep and let Spurs have so much possession at home in a Champions league knockout match. 

As they say, an early 2-0 lead is the worst lead you can have in a game.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 13th February - Juventus 2-2 Tottenham (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived