talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 13th February - Juventus 2-2 Tottenham (1st Leg)

football forum

Juventus vs Tottenham  

5 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

2. 2. First Goalscorer

• Gonzalo Higuain
    • Paulo Dybala
    • Harry Kane
    • Christian Eriksen
  3. 3. Amount of Goals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Marc said:

Kane dived but it doesn’t matter because he didn’t gain an advantage @FOYM @Storts

Spurs all over then at the moment. 

Is Buffon up there with being the GOAT keeper? 

Agreed on the Spurs domination after 10th minute. They've done tremendously. 

Buffon, yes. One of the greatest.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Blue said:

As they say, an early 2-0 lead is the worst lead you can have in a game.

When buffon made a couple of saves (one was probably going out wide), that should have been a warning bell for them and started to dominate the possession.

Penalty call for Juventus as I type

Davinson playing a 3/10 here. I still think he's a brilliant CB but I'm starting to see why some don't rate him.

Higuain misses. There is the question to his mentality again.

Considering how easy it's been for them when they actually try and play, you have to wonder why Juventus have wasted most of this half trying to shithouse their way through the match. 

Even playing as shite as they have, the tie could be over with just a bit more composure from Higuain. 

• Administrator

This has been a superb 45 minutes for the neutral.

Juve dominate 10 mins.

Spurs dominate 35 mins. 

Plenty of action at both ends and Higuain missing that penalty when the game could have been more comfortable (as well as the earlier miss at 2-0) could be huge in the context of the game. 

1 minute ago, Asura said:

When buffon made a couple of saves (one was probably going out wide), that should have been a warning bell for them and started to dominate the possession.

Penalty call for Juventus as I type

2-0 is always a bitch. It makes you wonder should you hold the lead, or keep attacking.

I think its all with timing. If you are 10 minutes in and winning 2-0 like Juve, you need to keep attacking. Defence is what you should do near the end.

I would say it's a great reaction but I think Spurs would have played like this anyway, which makes the start more frustrating. 

Now Higuain missed a penalty, you always come away thinking there could be more with Higuain despite his brilliant record. He should have had a hattrick earlier on too, and despite Spurs performance Juventus could be in a superb position. Fancy Spurs to get at least one more if they carry on like this.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

2-0 is always a bitch. It makes you wonder should you hold the lead, or keep attacking.

I think its all with timing. If you are 10 minutes in and winning 2-0 like Juve, you need to keep attacking. Defence is what you should do near the end.

may be they were over confident about their compact defensive system and thought they could hold spurs for 80 minutes. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Well it’s better than a 1-0 lead, or drawing, or like...,losing O.o

I'd say 1-0 is a better lead than 2-0 depending on the context of the game.

Just now, Asura said:

may be they were over confident about their compact defensive system and thought they could hold spurs for 80 minutes. 

Maybe, but I never understand parking the bus for more than 70 minutes.

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

xD

He has a point, they were way too complacent with the early 2-0 lead. Thought they could hold the spurs off for 80 mins and start hitting them on the counters which backfired (except for the second penalty and the other Higuain chance)

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'd say 1-0 is a better lead than 2-0 depending on the context of the game.

you're more at risk of losing your lead at 1-0 though.

Image result for i don't understand gif

2 minutes ago, Asura said:

He has a point, they were way too complacent with the early 2-0 lead. Thought they could hold the spurs off for 80 mins and start hitting them on the counters which backfired (except for the second penalty and the other Higuain chance)

It’s a good job they missed them then, otherwise who knows how complacent Juve would have become! 

Poch must be furious that Juventus aren’t 4-1 up. 

• The title was changed to Tuesday 13th February - Juventus 2-2 Tottenham (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived