talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 13th February - Juventus 2-2 Tottenham (1st Leg)

football forum

Juventus vs Tottenham  

5 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

2. 2. First Goalscorer

• Gonzalo Higuain
    • Paulo Dybala
    • Harry Kane
    • Christian Eriksen
  3. 3. Amount of Goals

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Stan said:

you're more at risk of losing your lead at 1-0 though.

Image result for i don't understand gif

I think you (and LFCMadLad for that matter) missed my point. It all depends on the context of the game, as I said. I don't look at it in a straightforward way and think more complex than that.

For example, if you're leading 2-0 in the 60th minute against a fairly decent team in a game where you need 3 points, then if they score 1 you'd panic. Its the sort of situation where you don't know if its better to defend or to keep attacking because 1 goal can make things difficult. Juventus aren't playing a league game but they are playing a very good team at home in the Champions League.

Sure if you're only 1-0 up, 1 goal could make things complicated as well but the rhythm is often continued where as with a 2-0, some teams may think that the game is won.

I think an example where a 2-0 lead isn't really dangerous is in an away UCL tie.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

It’s a good job they missed them then, otherwise who knows how complacent Spurs would have become! 

Poch must be furious that Juventus aren’t 4-1 up. 

Ofcourse yes, if you are going to count the chances then count the ones Spurs had too. Buffon had to make actual saves unlike Lloris who didnt have to save either of them, one hit the crossbar and the other went wide. The point is Spurs had more of the ball and were more dangerous and Buffon made a couple of good saves and all this happened with Juve sitting back 35 minutes at home in the first half.

• Administrator

it didn't need this game to prove it but Sanchez and Aurier are far too clumsy and reckless to be in a top 4 side or a side competing in the Champions League. They are far too much of a liability. 

I’ve never been watching Norwich when 2-0 up thinking I wish it was 1-0. 

Such a a good game this. It’s rare CL knockout games are played like this especially in the first leg. It’s far too common for both teams to keep it tight and be too afraid of losing. 

Even if Spurs score another, I wouldn't rule Juve out of the tie. Spurs then would be made favourites but Juventus can win 2-0 just as much as Spurs can at Wembley.

Regardless, a draw is a fantastic result for Tottenham.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

Even if Spurs score another, I wouldn't rule Juve out of the tie. Spurs then would be made favourites but Juventus can win 2-0 just as much as Spurs can at Wembley.

Regardless, a draw is a fantastic result for Tottenham.

so you've not ruled Spurs out the tie earlier on.

Now not ruling Juve out the tie.

Back to square one xD 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Bit of credit for the ref tonight who I think has kept the game flowing as well... not made any silly or dubious calls either

He got most of his decisions spot on, and as you said the game flowed well. This is how refereeing should be done.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 13th February - Juventus 2-2 Tottenham (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived