talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 13th February - Juventus 2-2 Tottenham (1st Leg)

football forum

Juventus vs Tottenham  

5 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

2. 2. First Goalscorer

• Gonzalo Higuain
    • Paulo Dybala
    • Harry Kane
    • Christian Eriksen
  3. 3. Amount of Goals

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, Blue said:

I'm going to say Spurs get a shock win in the tie, but I don't think they'll win in this match specifically. I say narrow Juve win or draw and Spurs kill it off in London.

Learn from me children. Great start for this prediction.

Still nothing said though!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Spurs edged that for me. Can't knock how they played tonight. They didn't let Juventus play at all. I think on that showing they've got to be favourites to go through, but you can never rule out someone like Juventus.

Juventus were poor to be honest. Real lack of spark going forward after the tenth minute. Everything about them was flat.

Obviously anything can happen now because that's the nature of this competition.  But this is a brilliant result for Spurs having scored two away goals...  I really can't see Juventus scoring twice away from home to be honest and their defence isn't what it was these past few years which means they can't go to Wembley, park the bus and hope to snatch a goal., not for me anyhow.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Blue said:

Learn from me children. Great start for this prediction.

Still nothing said though!

about time you got a prediction right.

You can't rule out Spurs or Juve or a draw in any game between the two teams though. One team is bound to win, draw or lose. Trust me. 

• The title was changed to Tuesday 13th February - Juventus 2-2 Tottenham (1st Leg)
25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Obviously anything can happen now because that's the nature of this competition.  But this is a brilliant result for Spurs having scored two away goals...  I really can't see Juventus scoring twice away from home to be honest and their defence isn't what it was these past few years which means they can't go to Wembley, park the bus and hope to snatch a goal., not for me anyhow.

With Dybala and Matuidi back, Juventus is a very dangerous side. I think Juventus really missed Blaisou today, his athleticism and vitality in the midfield would ease the defensive load on Pjanic. 

Spurs are the favorite to go through after today´s result, but it´ll be interesting to see how Juventus will perform with the return of some key pieces.

• Subscriber

I often watch these games and end up disappointed. Obviously I did in terms of betting xD but in terms of a game that was one of the better ones I've seen this season for sure. Hope it's followed up by another tomorrow.

Incredibly mature performance from Tottenham. Dominated one of the old stagers of this competition on their own patch.

After watching English teams in Europe in recent years, there's been a naivety in English performances in terms of giving the ball away, bad tactics, and at times technically exposed. Hence why we've been so critical and questioned the form of our domestic sides. Tonight should be an example where we heavily praise one of our clubs.

I'd say apart from that opening ten minutes, it was a fantastic performance in terms of showing strength of character, patience and fight.

Who said this Spurs lot were bottlers? No bottle jobs here.

Big performance for Spurs and for once they've got to this stage of the tournament and not looked out of place/as if it's their big day out. Played like they deserved to be there which means they now have a 2 goal away goal lead.

What I would say is that I don't see the same Juventus that got to the final last season and that has dominated Serie A the last few years, so I wouldn't get overly excited as they will have tougher tests but this is a good result and if they can do it convincingly at Wembley then it sets down a marker.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Danny said:

Big performance for Spurs and for once they've got to this stage of the tournament and not looked out of place/as if it's their big day out. Played like they deserved to be there which means they now have a 2 goal away goal lead.

What I would say is that I don't see the same Juventus that got to the final last season and that has dominated Serie A the last few years, so I wouldn't get overly excited as they will have tougher tests but this is a good result and if they can do it convincingly at Wembley then it sets down a marker.

For once...? Last time we got to this stage we won in the San Siro.

People always keen to downplay our results too... Juve has conceded 1 goal in 16 games before yesterday. Not having any of it they’re still a top quality side

Incredible trip yesterday, one of my favourite days following spurs 

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Storts said:

People always keen to downplay our results too... Juve has conceded 1 goal in 16 games before yesterday. Not having any of it they’re still a top quality side

what were your thoughts after 9 minutes?

what were your thoughts at 2-1 and 2-2?

Must admit Spurs showed great resilience and spirit when 2-0 down. Collective determination as well to keep playing as you know how to when 2-0 down in a stadium like that and against a team like Juve with their phenomenal home record. Can't remember the specific stat so could be wrong, but apparently it'd been about 5 years (maybe longer?!) since they surrendered a 2-0 lead at home and didn't win the game. To be in such control after 10 minutes and then be 2nd best takes some doing but that's all down to the way Spurs held their own belief and still had confidence to take the game to Juve.

Credit to Spurs for that. I don't think enough was given last night but people starting to realise the magnitude of the result this morning. Two away goals against a very strong Juve side is superb. 

6 hours ago, Lucas said:

Incredibly mature performance from Tottenham. Dominated one of the old stagers of this competition on their own patch.

After watching English teams in Europe in recent years, there's been a naivety in English performances in terms of giving the ball away, bad tactics, and at times technically exposed. Hence why we've been so critical and questioned the form of our domestic sides. Tonight should be an example where we heavily praise one of our clubs.

I'd say apart from that opening ten minutes, it was a fantastic performance in terms of showing strength of character, patience and fight.

Who said this Spurs lot were bottlers? No bottle jobs here.

Are you Henry Winter in disguise Lucas???? 

51 minutes ago, Storts said:

I don't feel anybody is downplaying Spurs' result at all by saying Juventus aren't the same team that reached two Champions League finals in three years.  Infact Juve weren't as dynamic in last season's edition as they were three years ago and even Allegri mentioned that he had to change things to a more conservative approach last season.

Of course they're still a massive name to face in this competition and all those that alluded to their defence not being the same (myself included), said this because they've probably watched most of their games over the past four to five years especially this season.

Spurs played a brilliant game and the result is a tremendous one.

59 minutes ago, Storts said:

I meant the knock outs in general, after that Milan game you got spanked by Real Madrid and this Juve side are better than that Milan side and I don't think you'll get knocked out on a hiding.

I never said Juve were shit, just don't think they're the same side as previous and wouldn't have them as being in the quarters onwards of this years competition.

35 minutes ago, Danny said:

I meant the knock outs in general, after that Milan game you got spanked by Real Madrid and this Juve side are better than that Milan side and I don't think you'll get knocked out on a hiding.

I never said Juve were shit, just don't think they're the same side as previous and wouldn't have them as being in the quarters onwards of this years competition.

Infact if Tottenham can concentrate on discipline in both midfield and defence from here on, I wouldn't be surprised if they reached the final itself.  When you have a predator like Harry Kane in your side, you should concentrate on everything other than on how to feed him because chances always arrive no matter who you play.  With this I'm saying that maybe Spurs should change their more cavalier side to their game once they get past Juve and then anything can occur.

18 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Infact if Tottenham can concentrate on discipline in both midfield and defence from here on, I wouldn't be surprised if they reached the final itself.  When you have a predator like Harry Kane in your side, you should concentrate on everything other than on how to feed him because chances always arrive no matter who you play.  With this I'm saying that maybe Spurs should change their more cavalier side to their game once they get past Juve and then anything can occur.

Yeah I can see Spurs in the final too, they play a really structured and well planned game that looks to create space and take advantage of it. Kane and Alli especially do well at taking the long ball in wide and deep areas drawing defenders/midfielders out.

Then as you say Kane is a predator in the box and also their wing backs and other attacking players read the game and pitch well.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived