The better place to talk football.

Winter Olympics 2018

football forum

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

FUCK YEA! Germany in the final! 

This is really great. It is strange for a brazilian to say this, but ice hockey is my 2nd favorite sport and I really want to see the sport gaining popularity. 

I wish you had Leon Draisaitl available for the final, it´ll be tough to beat the russians with all the KHL talent they have and two great talents in Datsyuk and Kovalchuk, but I´ll be rooting for Germany. "Wunder auf Eis" ! :congrats:

Man - Our Men's Curling team winning gold is all over the news here in the States. Their individual story is pretty fascinating, and it really is a rag tag group of guys who just enjoy curling back at home while drinking beer. Not to mention the stash on our main man is die for.

Bobsledding is on now, and I must say, that bobsleds are just awesome looking means of transportation.

Silver is still more than expected from the German hockey team. And considering they gave the Russkie team (with a lot of former NHL players) a good fight in the final, they can be very proud. 

19 hours ago, Eco said:

Bobsledding is on now, and I must say, that bobsleds are just awesome looking means of transportation.

It really is. Definitely the best of the three crazy down the ice track sports. Lying down on a skateboard either forwards or backwards has nothing on the coolness of bobsledding...

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Silver is still more than expected from the German hockey team. And considering they gave the Russkie team (with a lot of former NHL players) a good fight in the final, they can be very proud. 

I wad under the impression the hockey gold was like the world cup of hockey. and therefore with each team it was the best of the best....?

As compared to basketball in the summer Olympics rather than football gold medal which is largely n00bs and under 24s...

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

I wad under the impression the hockey gold was like the world cup of hockey. and therefore with each team it was the best of the best....?

Well, the German hockey league is on hold during the Olympics so we could send our best players. The NHL wasn't, so Canada, USA, Finland, Sweden etc. had to compete without their NHL players. Germany wouldn't have made it this far if all the NHL players were on board. 

On 21/02/2018 at 06:08, Mel81x said:

What an upset by the Czech team today. Dumped the US men's hockey team out of the winter games. 

I think the USA weren't allowed to ask NHL teams to release players

On 25/02/2018 at 21:13, Tommy said:

Well, the German hockey league is on hold during the Olympics so we could send our best players. The NHL wasn't, so Canada, USA, Finland, Sweden etc. had to compete without their NHL players. Germany wouldn't have made it this far if all the NHL players were on board. 

I've read that ice hockey I'd quite populatmr in Germany. How popular is it?

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I've read that ice hockey I'd quite populatmr in Germany. How popular is it?

Quite popular. The stadiums are pretty full on matchdays, and they broadcast it on TV as well (although very little on Free TV). 

45 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Quite popular. The stadiums are pretty full on matchdays, and they broadcast it on TV as well (although very little on Free TV). 

Ah right. I've read that it is one of those very rare sports that Germany perhaps under achieves at? Not a piss take question by the way

• The topic was unpinned

Archived