talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 14th February - Real Madrid 3-1 Paris Saint-Germain (1st Leg)

football forum

Real Madrid vs PSG  

4 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

2. 2. How Many Goals?

• Administrator

Kick-off 19.45

Info
Real Madrid have had a turbulent season so far - lying in 3rd in the league but have won 3 competitions (Spanish Super Cup, UEFA Super Cup & Club World Cup)
They seem to have found a little bit of form recently, winning 3 and drawing 1 in the league, scoring 18 goals in the process.
They finished 2nd behind Tottenham in the group stage.
Cristiano Ronaldo has 9 goals so far in this competition

PSG are streaming clear in Ligue 1, 12 points ahead of Monaco in 2nd.
They have scored 76 goals in the domestic league and managed 25 goals on the way to winning their group
Neymar and Cavani both scored 6 goals in the group stage.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Wednesday 14th February - Real Madrid vs Paris St Germain (1st Leg)

Zidane should drop Benzema and start Asensio. PSG´s fullbacks can´t defend even if their lives depended on it, Alves in special is toast. If he´s getting exposed every weekend in France, imagine what a guy like Bale could do to him. What would be Bale vs Maicon all over again. 

For PSG, Di Maria is on great form but he´ll probably start on the bench. Another doubt is who will be third man on the midfield along with Rabiot and Verratti, it could be either Lo Celso or Lass.  

Real Madrid continue with their controversial mosaics designed to coax and even insult the rival.  Last time it was one aimed at Atlético Madrid where they laughed at the fact Atleti had been to three finals and hadn't won any also lauding how many Real Madrid had won and today there will be a mosaic honouring Rafa Nadal (a self confessed Real Madrid fan) due to the fact he's won so many Roland Garros (owns the record) in Paris... in other words, Real Madrid are telling PSG that they're out to conquer and own Paris.

14 hours ago, El_Loco said:

Zidane should drop Benzema and start Asensio. PSG´s fullbacks can´t defend even if their lives depended on it, Alves in special is toast. If he´s getting exposed every weekend in France, imagine what a guy like Bale could do to him. What would be Bale vs Maicon all over again. 

For PSG, Di Maria is on great form but he´ll probably start on the bench. Another doubt is who will be third man on the midfield along with Rabiot and Verratti, it could be either Lo Celso or Lass.  

I hate PSG, I hate everything they presently stand for and their make up as a club.  BUT, I hope and wish that they absolutely RAPE Real Madrid! ;)

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Real Madrid continue with their controversial mosaics designed to coax and even insult the rival.  Last time it was one aimed at Atlético Madrid where they laughed at the fact Atleti had been to three finals and hadn't won any also lauding how many Real Madrid had won and today there will be a mosaic honouring Rafa Nadal (a self confessed Real Madrid fan) due to the fact he's won so many Roland Garros (owns the record) in Paris... in other words, Real Madrid are telling PSG that they're out to conquer and own Paris.

All funny. 

I think PSG will win, but Real Madrid seemed tossed aside easily by most people. Sure, they've been poor but they still have one of the best squads in the world and could win this if they wanted to. They also seem to perform better against stronger sides. I say this is a hard fought tie but PSG wins it in the end. Neymar is simply too good technically.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Today will probably be the day Neymar takes 2nd spot over Ronaldo 

For me, that was over a year ago but I agree he still needs to win over the general public.

Real Madrid : Navas, Fernandez, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric, Casemiro, Kroos, Isco, Ronaldo Benzema

PSG: Areola, Berchiche, Kimpembe, Marquinhos, Alves, Rabiot, Celso, Verratti, Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani.

Kinell. This has the making of 5 or 6 goals. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Real Madrid : Navas, Fernandez, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric, Casemiro, Kroos, Isco, Ronaldo Benzema

PSG: Areola, Berchiche, Kimpembe, Marquinhos, Alves, Rabiot, Celso, Verratti, Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani.

with the way Real defend, you'd expect 2 or 3 of them for PSG. At least. 

Ramos with a standard late header to keep Real in the tie.

41 minutes ago, Cicero said:

There's a boom in the Spanish media right now with Real's (Zindane) team selection because he's broken up the "BBC" and dropped Bale.  Obviously dropping Cristiano Ronaldo would cause too many issues but out of him and Bale, the Welshman should be playing on recent form since his return from injury.  Isco gets in there and that's a very good idea for today.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There's a boom in the Spanish media right now with Real's (Zindane) team selection because he's broken up the "BBC" and dropped Bale.  Obviously dropping Cristiano Ronaldo would cause too many issues but out of him and Bale, the Welshman should be playing on recent form since his return from injury.  Isco gets in there and that's a very good idea for today.

I´d drop Benzema. Bale should be there as well, like I´ve said yesterday, Alves is done, every Ligue 1 manager is using fast wingers because he just can´t deal with the pace anymore. Poor selection from Zizou on this one. 

As for PSG, some balsy decisions by Emery, especially dropping Thiago Silva in favor of Kimpembe. Definitely the right decision, Kimpembe is a heck of a defender and is certainly ahead of Thiago Silva right now. Also, Berchiche and Lo Celso starting are good decisions. 

11 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

I´d drop Benzema. Bale should be there as well, like I´ve said yesterday, Alves is done, every Ligue 1 manager is using fast wingers because he just can´t deal with the pace anymore. Poor selection from Zizou on this one. 

As for PSG, some balsy decisions by Emery, especially dropping Thiago Silva in favor of Kimpembe. Definitely the right decision, Kimpembe is a heck of a defender and is certainly ahead of Thiago Silva right now. Also, Berchiche and Lo Celso starting are good decisions. 

He's Algerian and his friend, he told this to Morata (those exact words) before Morata made up his mind to go to Chelsea.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 14th February - Real Madrid 3-1 Paris Saint-Germain (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived