talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Competition - Last Man Standing

football forum

• Subscriber

A small competition to keep things interesting for the last few months of the season.

It is a very simple competition, you simply have to choose ONE team that will win a match each week. This could be any match in world football. The catch is that once you have chosen a team (e.g. Man City), you cannot choose them again for the remainder of the competition.

If your chosen team wins, you survive until the next round. If they do not, then you are out of the competition. The last man standing is the last one to get knocked out!

You are allowed to choose the same team as other people each week.

Round one includes all matches kicking off between Monday 12th February and Sunday 18th February. You can post your entry at any time during this period so if you're picking Real Madrid next Sunday at 7:45 you can still enter five minutes before that match kicks off.

My first pick comes on the Saturday with Benfica to defeat Boavista.

The more the merrier with this, if someone less lazy than me wants to tag a bunch of the usual suspects and get them involved crack on 😁. A bit of fun and even easier to get involved with than the Prediction Leagues.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

• Subscriber

xD honestly, if you're throwing the whole world's games into this, I will look meticulously to find me a winner. There are some games which are just absolutely nailed on.

I just know it's going to end 1-1 now.

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Just waiting for that Newcastle v United moment now... xD

I went to back Man Utd in that game and changed my mind late on. I just don't think they're particularly trustworthy. Obviously Newcastle winning is a surprise but it's not even close to this. Man Utd were 4/7 to win that game and I'd imagine Salzburg will be nearer 1/10.

• Subscriber

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with, researching mental leagues like the ones I manage in on Football Manager could be the path to victory.

Glad this has a decent take up so far. One rule I forgot - unfortunately if you miss a week you'll have to be eliminated from that round! No real excuse though as you'll be getting a full week each time to get an entry in.

I'll keep this updated every Sunday night.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

I went to back Man Utd in that game and changed my mind late on. I just don't think they're particularly trustworthy. Obviously Newcastle winning is a surprise but it's not even close to this. Man Utd were 4/7 to win that game and I'd imagine Salzburg will be nearer 1/10.

I would go Chelsea win at home but fuck that... I want to get into the next round at least... 

Going for PSG v Strasbourg Sat 17th Feb

1st vs 13th

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Honestly think you should pick a league or two - world football is too big imo, particularly 2/3rds of the way through the season

Fuck off Storts.

(Unless he picks the Austrian league)

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Agree with this to be honest. It's going to kill the game if people just stick to the mad leagues. Perhaps limit it to the top five? (England, France, Germany, Spain & Italy?)

Burnley wouldn't get 7th in Austria. Therefore Austria deserves to be in over England.

13 minutes ago, Storts said:

Honestly think you should pick a league or two - world football is too big imo, particularly 2/3rds of the way through the season

12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Agree with this to be honest. It's going to kill the game if people just stick to the mad leagues. Perhaps limit it to the top five? (England, France, Germany, Spain & Italy?)

Image result for party poopers gif

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Me and my Dad do this at his work. He regularly picks whoever we're playing xD

My first pick, is very simple.

Sun 18th Feb - Red Bull Salzburg (St Polten home).

image.png.95cd7efae14a97f161db23d7b1752c8d.png

What website is that you use for the stats?

in fact, does anyone have any recommendations for decent websites for stats??

im up for this, I’m in one at the moment which is just the English leagues and is a tenner a pop. It’s good fun. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, trago said:

What website is that you use for the stats?

in fact, does anyone have any recommendations for decent websites for stats??

im up for this, I’m in one at the moment which is just the English leagues and is a tenner a pop. It’s good fun. 

Flashscores.com is that website and they're usually quite good for prematch stats. 

There's also sites like whoscored.com or 11v11. 

Premier league has quite a lot of stats stuff too. 

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived