talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 15th February - Celtic 1-0 Zenit St Petersburg (1st Leg)

football forum

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Dogs of war stuff, it's like watching a non-league side get over a club in a 3rd round tie. No quality whatsoever where it matters, just lots of running around hard.

Zenit are very beatable too.

You're right, it's shite when a far financially weaker team dominates and tries to overwhelm technically superior players with pressing and intensity.

The team with more money and better players should always just get to win. 

Just now, Inverted said:

You're right, it's shite when a far financially weaker team dominates and tries to overwhelm technically superior players with pressing and intensity.

The team with more money and better players should always just get to win. 

Not what I'm saying, I'm just shocked at how abysmal Celtic are in the final third.

That's hardly a star studded Zenit St Petersburg side either, it's not a David V Goliath fixture.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Not what I'm saying, I'm just shocked at how abysmal Celtic are in the final third.

That's hardly a star studded Zenit St Petersburg side either, it's not a David V Goliath fixture.

It's hard when they're playing pretty defensively and packing their box. It's not like there's a lot of space to play into, and even then we could easily be a goal or two up. 

And they've spent something like 100 million this season. We couldn't dream of signing players like Mammana or Paredes. 

• The title was changed to Thursday 15th February - Celtic 1-0 Zenit St Petersburg (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived