talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Will be This Season's Top Goalscorer?

Who Will be This Season's Top Goalscorer?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will be This Season's Top Goalscorer?

• Sergio Aguero
    • Harry Kane
    • Mohammed Salah
    • Christian Benteke

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It’s not even a fair comparison seeing as all the players mentioned are CF’s barring Salah who plays wider. 

Salah has the best all round game in this country and I’m not even joking. 

that's not the question.

Salah is scoring goals regardless of where he plays, therefore he's in contention to be top goalscorer.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It’s not even a fair comparison seeing as all the players mentioned are CF’s barring Salah who plays wider. 

Salah has the best all round game in this country and I’m not even joking. 

Salah plays as a forward, whether that's starting wide or not he's a forward along with Firmino and Mane. No difference 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

that's not the question.

Salah is scoring goals regardless of where he plays, therefore he's in contention to be top goalscorer.

I know that Stanley lad, but what I’m saying is that Salah is shitting on the lot of them due to the goals he’s scored whilst playing in a position that is different from all the other nominees. 

Regardless of who finishes top scorer, Salah is the best all round player. 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

The English have a very obtuse definition of forwards. He doesn't start as a CF so he plays wide? He is an interior, if we were to borrow from the Spanish.

He plays wide compared to the other listed players. Salah is always wide right of Firmino. The others are outright CF’s, Salah isn’t, which makes his numbers all the more unbelievable. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

The English have a very obtuse definition of forwards. He doesn't start as a CF so he plays wide? He is an interior, if we were to borrow from the Spanish.

I agree. He's forward, it's fairly irrelevant if his starting position is central or slightly wider, he plays off the shoulder of the last man, he comes across the pitch, he's just a forward player, same as Messi

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He plays wide compared to the other listed players. Salah is always wide right of Firmino. 

And ? Cesc Fabregas plays to the right of Kante but he isn't a wide player. I don't see how arbitrary lateral positioning labels are relevant. Salah isn't a wide player, he may play to the right of the centre forward but that doesn't mean he is a wide player. We aren't talking about a chalk on boots byline winger here. 

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

I agree. He's forward, it's fairly irrelevant if his starting position is central or slightly wider, he plays off the shoulder of the last man, he comes across the pitch, he's just a forward player, same as Messi

Spurs play Kane wide of a CF and they get nowhere near the same output!

Dont get me wrong, I think Kane is possibly the best #9 in the world presently. I’m just saying that the numbers Salah is putting up lately, in relation to where he plays compared to the rest, is untouchable in this country at present. 

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Spurs play Kane wide of a CF and they get nowhere near the same output!

Dont get me wrong, I think Kane is possibly the best #9 in the world presently. I’m just saying that the numbers Salah is putting up lately, in relation to where he plays compared to the rest, is untouchable in this country at present. 

But I think you're overplaying the impact of his starting position on his output, it's minimal - in some senses it easier for him because he doesn't have to do the role of a #9 and hold the ball up, he is free to make the runs in behind etc.

Salah is brilliant, and having a great season, but don't think him starting wide makes his record any better or worse imo.

1 minute ago, Storts said:

But I think you're overplaying the impact of his starting position on his output, it's minimal - in some senses it easier for him because he doesn't have to do the role of a #9 and hold the ball up, he is free to make the runs in behind etc.

Salah is brilliant, and having a great season, but don't think him starting wide makes his record any better or worse imo.

So basically what everyone is saying is that Salah drifts? 

Well that only proves my point further that he is the best all round player as he can take up multiple positions, play them at a high standard, and still put up world class numbers. 

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

So basically what everyone is saying is that Salah drifts? 

Well that only proves my point further that he is the best all round player as he can take up multiple positions, play them at a high standard, and still put up world class numbers. 

Kane drifts too though...he's always dropping deep to pick up the ball, going wide to run the channels, and his passing range is actually brilliant. Aguero likewise. I really think you're making more of it than what's there. Just 3 excellent footballers. 

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Kane. 

Aguero is better still for me but Kane gets fed more so I think it will be him. Salah is a good striker too but doesn't get enough goals to justify being on this list, if you're going to play up top you need to be banging them in every week. come at me madlad xoxo

xD Is this kid for real :what:

And he was made a Mod :rofl:

Archived