talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Will be This Season's Top Goalscorer?

Who Will be This Season's Top Goalscorer?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will be This Season's Top Goalscorer?

• Sergio Aguero
    • Harry Kane
    • Mohammed Salah
    • Christian Benteke

Just now, Storts said:

Kane drifts too though...he's always dropping deep to pick up the ball, going wide to run the channels, and his passing range is actually brilliant. Aguero likewise. I really think you're making more of it than what's there. Just 3 excellent footballers. 

Agree with that. I’d say the best 3 in this country. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Messi plays on the shoulder of the last man? What?

Salah does, yeah. 

Messi is a forward that starts wide, that's the comparison I was making there. Pretty simple. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

So basically what everyone is saying is that Salah drifts? 

Well that only proves my point further that he is the best all round player as he can take up multiple positions, play them at a high standard, and still put up world class numbers. 

How much did he cost you?

58 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

I think Rodgers only bought Benteke for his physique.

I don't think Rodgers did a whole lot of thinking when making signings for us in a post-Suarez world, tbh. Lost a mad bastard striker... better sign Balotelli as a replacement. Balotelli ended up being shite and lazy? Better sign Benteke, who's arguably even less suited to our system.

4 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Didn't Rodgers sign Firmino?

And mostly played him out wide. Under Rodgers, Firmino and Lallana were very different players to how they were under Klopp. But at least Firmino and Lallana fit into the squad better, as opposed to Balotelli and Benteke. Probably a good thing we had a transfer committee rather than letting one man, with pretty limited experience, make the signings at the time. Because Klopp salvaged a number of them.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

And mostly played him out wide. Under Rodgers, Firmino and Lallana were very different players to how they were under Klopp. But at least Firmino and Lallana fit into the squad better, as opposed to Balotelli and Benteke. Probably a good thing we had a transfer committee rather than letting one man, with pretty limited experience, make the signings at the time. Because Klopp salvaged a number of them.

Coutinho was signed under Rodgers as well wasn't he? Clyne is decent too. 

Speaking of Klopp and salvaging, he destroyed Sakho, who was also a good Rodgers signing. 

2 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Coutinho was signed under Rodgers as well wasn't he? Clyne is decent too. 

Speaking of Klopp and salvaging, he destroyed Sakho, who was also a good Rodgers signing. 

Sakho being a tit destroyed Sakho's Liverpool career. It was never Sakho's talent that was in question to Klopp, it was his professionalism. Constantly turning up late to training, starting pre-season well overweight (after getting suspended for being on fat burners... even if those fat burners weren't illegal).

Coutinho and Sturridge were both Rodgers' signings. But if you'll see what I said initially about Rodgers' signings, it's the post-Suarez world where I think he lost the plot. Suarez and Sturridge were a big part of us looking good under Rodgers, and he deserves credit for that. But they also papered over a lot of the cracks the side had under his tactics, and these were largely ignored despite the fact that Suarez no longer being in the team clearly changed our entire system.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sakho being a tit destroyed Sakho's Liverpool career. It was never Sakho's talent that was in question to Klopp, it was his professionalism. Constantly turning up late to training, starting pre-season well overweight (after getting suspended for being on fat burners... even if those fat burners weren't illegal).

All it would have taken was good man management.  

• Subscriber

Salah clearly plays in a different position to Kane and Aguero but it isn't like he's playing as a winger either. He's still playing off the shoulder of the defender, he's just doing it from a wider position. It's a system that's suited him perfectly.

It is a very weak argument to state that 'Kane wouldn't do what Salah does in his position'. The same is true for the reverse, not only that but it's a pointless debate as nobody would be complaing about '[how] isn't fair to have Frank Lampard on here because he is a midfielder'. The fact remains that Salah is goal scorer, ergo he is in the discussion. If Fernando Hierro (CB/DM) were still scoring 20+ goals a year, we'd include him, no?

This is probably the most asinine debate I've ever seen on a football forum since the ye olde 'shirt tucked in/tucked out wars'.

It is a very weak argument to state that 'Kane wouldn't do what Salah does in his position'. The same is true for the reverse, not only that but it's a pointless debate as nobody would be complaing about '[how] isn't fair to have Frank Lampard on here because he is a midfielder'. The fact remains that Salah is goal scorer, ergo he is in the discussion. If Fernando Hierro (CB/DM) were still scoring 20+ goals a year, we'd include him, no?

This is probably the most asinine debate I've ever seen on a football forum since the ye olde 'shirt tucked in/tucked out wars'.

Archived