• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ryan Mason Retires due to Fractured Skull Under Medical Advice

football forum

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Sad to hear. Good that he is able to stay in the game though and good of Spurs to take him on.

Must be so difficult at that age to have probably known football all your life and for it to just end because of a bad injury and something out of your control. Hope he succeeds in doing whatever he does next. 

5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Horrible news but at least he's not had a heart attack or passed away from it. I don't want to sound cynical but it could have been so much worse. 

Hope he gets his badges and has a successful career.

Yea like Nouri from Ajax, tipped to be one of the best young players for a while.

• Subscriber

Sad to see someone not get to do what they love doing but he is still getting the chance to stay in the game and I hope he does well. Head injuries are nothing to trifle with and I hope nothing else comes from it. 

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Does he? It was accidental could have went both ways.

Probably. Considering how awful he's been this season, losing his England starting spot and potentially now his club captaincy. Fairly certain hearing this news won't have him coming back In full confidence. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Probably. Considering how awful he's been this season, losing his England starting spot and potentially now his club captaincy. Fairly certain hearing this news won't have him coming back In full confidence. 

Well you ended a man's career by an unfortunate accident, no one can stay cold to that. I am certain that Ryan knows it could happen to anyone.

39 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Tell you what, our captain almost ruined a players career. How bout we swap?

Archived