talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Brom Sack Chairman & Chief Exec.

West Brom have sacked chairman John Williams and chief executive Martin Goodman.

Williams was appointed as chairman after the takeover of Guochuan Lai in 2016 while Goodman was made CEO in January 2017 when he replaced Mark Jenkins, who will return to the Hawthorns in his former role.

The Premier League club sit bottom of the table and suffered a 3-0 defeat to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Monday, which leaves them seven points adrift of 17th-placed Huddersfield.

It's quite refreshing to see somebody other than the Manager getting sacked when the performances have not been as anticipated. Really though the alarm bells should have gone off to the owner when he was approached with the speech of: "This man, Alan Pardew, is the man to take us forwards". 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Brom are investigating four players over an "incident" at their warm-weather training camp in Spain.

Manager Alan Pardew has confirmed the quartet broke a curfew and said he feels "let down", but he refused to go into detail about what happened.

The Baggies have endured a turbulent week, seeing their chairman and chief executive sacked, while the team languishes at the bottom of the Premier League.

What a shit week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Isn't he on about 90/100k a week? And i read that West Brom got him cause  they agree to pay full wages. That's ridiculously stupid. 

I've sympathy for the fans obviously but some of the absolute shite that they pay a wage to is criminal. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Isn't he on about 90/100k a week? And i read that West Brom got him cause  they agree to pay full wages. That's ridiculously stupid. 

I've sympathy for the fans obviously but some of the absolute shite that they pay a wage to is criminal. 

we were in for him as well so presumably we told PSG to do one at that request to pay full wages xD 

• Subscriber

Absolutely incredible how a club who've been in this league for that long can be so in the shit financially. Any Premier League club who can't manage their finances in this era is an embarrassment.

Most clubs have high wage bill to turnover ratios. It only becomes a problem when you recruit piss poorly across multiple windows as you are essentially unable to spend your way out of failure. I reckon most clubs who go down after years in this league go down for that reason.

• 3 weeks later...

Giuliano Terraneo has been bought in to appoint a successor for Alan Pardew. Given they're entering new territory in The Championship with an ageing squad thats fractured mentally, I am not sure how beneficial it will be having somebody overseas make that decision. We've seen with DiMatteo and Solkbakken in recent years how it can go terribly wrong. 

Archived