talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Club's All Time XI

football forum

Duration at the club, overall talent, contribution to success, club products, etc. All factors should be considered and analysed to the best of your ability. (Obviously this will be very objective) 

Chelsea All Time XI

Jimmy Greaves----Didier Drogba 

Eden Hazard------------------------------Gianfranco Zola

Frank Lampard-----Claude Makelele

Ashley Cole----John Terry----Ron Harris----Steve Clarke

Petr Cech

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Kasper Schmeichel

Danny Simpson - Wes Morgan - Matt Elliott - Christian Fuchs

Riyad Mahrez --- N'Golo Kante - Muzzy Izzet - Steve Guppy

Jamie Vardy --- Emile Heskey

Subs:
Kasey Keller or Ian Walker
Marc Albrighton
Steve Walsh
Neil Lennon
Shinji Okazaki
Danny Drinkwater
Andy King

All purely based on players I've seen play for the club. Otherwise there are players like Peter Shilton, Gordon Banks, Frank Worthington, Arthur Chandler, Arthur Rowley, Keith Weller ( @Bluewolf will remember these from his youth) and Gary Lineker etc who would have been included in some way, shape or form.

To be honest, it's hard not to just name the regular starting XI who won the league for us but I've included some players who are still my favourites (Muzzy Izzet and Emile Heskey) as they were part of the squad at a time where I first supported the club and showed true loyalty to the club despite highs and lows in the late 90s. 

Those 2 are classed as pure legends of the club simply because they helped us reach the heights never reached before - winning trophies somewhat regularly as well as getting us in to Europe at that time too.

The same can be said of more recent/current players - clearly obvious to see who they are as some are still with the club. Schmeichel, Mahrez, Vardy & Kante speak for themselves. Wes Morgan had to be included as although not the best ever defender, you have to take in to account he played something like 3 years worth of football non-stop, not missing a minute of any matches through injury and that included 2 summer tournaments last summer. 

Andy King gets a mention ahead of Esteban Cambiasso, as well. The latter obviously is one of the most decorated footballers ever but sentimentality took over by including King. Been mentioned several times what he's been through with us. One of the highest appearances for the club, one of the highest scoring midfielders ever at our club, experienced the lows of League One to scoring vital goals on the way to Premier League success. 

That turned out tougher to do than I expected!

Peter Osgood-----Bobby Tambling-----Gianfranco Zola

Frank Lampard----Dennis Wise----John Hollins

Ashley Cole------------John Terry------Ron Harris----------Steve Clarke                                    

Peter Bonnetti

Also this is the list that i feel was the all time XI, not in particular my favorite side. Maybe we could make a thread for that one as well.

Note that Hollins started as midfielder, but played full back for the club too but i had to add him. 

47 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The fact Emile Heskey makes an "all-time Leicester XI" tells you everything you need to know about the club. 

That is one more notable striker than Everton. Go back to Duncan Ferguson lol

23 minutes ago, Asura said:

Picked only the players I remember watching them play. Cant think of a decent right back, might update it later

Lehmann

RB Campbell Koscielny Cole

Pires Vieira Rosicky 

Alexis Bergkamp Henry 

If you remember Bergkamp than surely you remember Lauren? 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If you remember Bergkamp than surely you remember Lauren? 

I was very new to football back then, dont have enough memories/knowledge of many other players than the obvious superstars like Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, etc. I could think of Eboue, Sagna and Bellerin as the only right backs from my memory but not sure who to pick.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Asura said:

I was very new to football back then, dont have enough memories/knowledge of many other players than the obvious superstars like Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, etc. I could think of Eboue, Sagna and Bellerin as the only right backs from my memory but not sure who to pick.

whenever I think of Eboue, I always think of these:

Image result for eboue gif

made up for his lack of skill on the pitch with hilarity on/off it. 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

whenever I think of Eboue, I always think of these:

made up for his lack of skill on the pitch with hilarity on/off it. 

haha those were all hilarious, even his teammates confirmed that he is the funniest amongst them all, see the video below. But the best part of this video is where Gervinho gets roasted when asked for "who is the best looking in the team" xD

Going by my lifetime (so mid-1990s). It's too boring to just name the 1967 side with Larsson and Tommy Burns chucked in.

Fraser Forster

Lustig - Mjallby - Van Dijk - Tierney

Brown - Lambert - Lennon

Petrov - Nakamura

Larsson

Just now, HK85 said:

Just wondering, all pretty recent players. Surprised there's no Fowler. 

I could have gone for Fowler or even Owen over Torres as they were great over a longer period and obviously won more but for a couple of years Torres was better than anything I'd seen in a Liverpool forward until Suarez came along. 

As we are all doing from our days (what we watched) gonna redo it, also clearly not the best but my own personal favorites.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink-----Eidur Gudjohnsen

Michael Essien----Frank Lampard----Dennis Wise---Gianfranco Zola

Graeme Le Saux------------John Terry------Marcel Desailly----------Branislav Ivanović                                    

Carlo Cudicini/Petr Cech

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Just based on the players I've seen myself:

Reina

Finnan Carragher Hyypia Arbeloa

Alonso Mascherano

McManaman Gerrard Suarez

Torres 

Mine would be the same, but I'd swap Torres out for Fowler.

If we did one for our all time XI beyond our lifetimes though, there's probably only 3 that I've actually seen play for us. Ian Rush, John Barnes and Stevie. But I only caught the tail end of Rush and Barnes.

Best XI in my lifetime.

-------------------------------Nigel Martyn

------Rio Ferdinand - Lucas Radebe - Jonathon Woodgate

------------------------------Olivier Dacourt

Lee Bowyer - Gary McAllister - Gary Speed - Harry Kewell

--------------------Tony Yeboah - Mark Viduka

Subs - Gary Kelly, David Batty, Ian Harte, Gordon Strachan, Rod Wallace, Eric Cantona, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, 

If it was all time, I doubt there would be many players post mid 70's in there, if any. That team was insanely good but I couldn't appreciate in my lifetime sadly.

Archived