talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Laptops & Notebooks

football forum

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

This should be a Public Service Announcement to anyone using Windows laptops.

I was wondering why I never experienced it, until I realised I always shut down my laptop when I am not using it... 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, nudge said:

I was wondering why I never experienced it, until I realised I always shut down my laptop when I am not using it... 

I generally turn my laptop off because its always docked and I never really open it unless I am travelling to work or in meetings so that's why I have never seen it. Strange that Microsoft wouldn't fix this though, putting aside the dead laptop issue its going to eventually burn your battery recharge life too.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I generally turn my laptop off because its always docked and I never really open it unless I am travelling to work or in meetings so that's why I have never seen it. Strange that Microsoft wouldn't fix this though, putting aside the dead laptop issue its going to eventually burn your battery recharge life too.

Short battery life plays nicely into the concept of planned obsolescence though, so it's not surprising they don't want to fix it...

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

Short battery life plays nicely into the concept of planned obsolescence though, so it's not surprising they don't want to fix it...

Wish their customers thought the same way. I miss the days when you could just swap the battery out from the back of a laptop and you were done. 

Archived