talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mourinho and Pogba have a tiff!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Who knows if this is true with Pogba, but what's for sure is that everywhere he's been a coach at he's made his high profile enemies and has also developed disciples.  He seems to be a bit of a Marmite character to be honest.

Reminds me of this

Image result for skub

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Reminds me of this

Image result for skub

I remember reading big criticisms from Makélélé of Mourinho from his time at Chelsea and at Real Madrid it was a scorpion's nest to be honest.  Towards the end of his tenure and a while before he made major enemies in the Real Madrid dressing room... Countrymen like Pepe and Cristiano Ronaldo fell out with him very publicly with Sergio Ramos who was an initial disciple and turned into his personal Judas Iscariot where he went public everytime he could and I remember one point where for whatever reason (it's was never made clear why) he dropped Mesut Özil while he was on his best period of consistent form and apparently 90% of the dressing room were incensed and Ramos wore an Özil shirt under his own which he made plainly visible during the game.  He (Mourinho) had two major disciples in the shape of Arbeloa and Xabi Alonso (especially the former) who were like religious extremist warriors both on the pitch and off it in defence of their messianic leader.  Xabi Alonso doesn't speak about these things anymore but Arbeloa continues to be in a very eerie and creepy manner still very vocal about it all via social media and in interviews. 

I don’t trust the source but two of the biggest egos in football clashing would hardly be surprising.

Mourinho and Pogba have both had shit seasons. Pogba is for me the most overrated player in the world. He’s a mood player. World class when he wants to be but if he’s having a bad day he’s shit and he has too many of them. He has the ability. 

Cracks me up when Man U fans bring up Pogba’s ‘assists’

I think I made the point when they signed him that he’s an impact player and absolutely not the type of guy to provide any kind of order to a midfield. He’s not comparable with guys like Modric, Silva or Verratti. 

Hes brilliant as the most attacking player in a 3 or as a free shuttler in a diamond, but trying to make him work as a link man between Matic and Lingard is pointless. 

United have signed an undroppable player for an unadaptable manager.

Mourinho is trying to basically put him in the Fabregas role from Chelsea 14/15. Lingard has already been moulded into a player roughly comparable to Oscar and of course he signed Matic because that means he needs to do less thinking. Pogba is the stumbling block to his vision and there’s no way around it.

He's not at a club that's serious enough. From what I've seen, United are fine with him focusing on hairstyles and dabbing. I know he had this issue at Juventus as well but the fact of the matter is, Juve put much more of an emphasis on winning as do all the Italian clubs. I'm aware not all English clubs are like this but I saw this more of a marketing move than a footballistic move because United seem to be the biggest culprits when it comes to showing off their "brand".

28 minutes ago, Blue said:

He's not at a club that's serious enough. From what I've seen, United are fine with him focusing on hairstyles and dabbing. I know he had this issue at Juventus as well but the fact of the matter is, Juve put much more of an emphasis on winning as do all the Italian clubs. I'm aware not all English clubs are like this but I saw this more of a marketing move than a footballistic move because United seem to be the biggest culprits when it comes to showing off their "brand".

At Juve he was also playing with Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal.

That's a hell of a lot stronger midfield that also provides the stable playform for Pogba to thrive. @Inverted is spot on, imo, with him needing the right system to show how be can be world class. He's not adaptable despite his quality, I think that's clear. But Mourinho isn't setting him up for success.

He's a big name player and a brand for how good he was in Italy. Players like this are nothing new to clubs like Manchester United. If his dabbing and hair are causing any issue, they are minor compared to the obvious problem of having an expensive player that can't adapt to the manager's system and a manager that won't change tactics to get the best out of him.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

At Juve he was also playing with Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal.

That's a hell of a lot stronger midfield that also provides the stable playform for Pogba to thrive. @Inverted is spot on, imo, with him needing the right system to show how be can be world class. He's not adaptable despite his quality, I think that's clear. But Mourinho isn't setting him up for success.

He's a big name player and a brand for how good he was in Italy. Players like this are nothing new to clubs like Manchester United. If his dabbing and hair are causing any issue, they are minor compared to the obvious problem of having an expensive player that can't adapt to the manager's system and a manager that won't change tactics to get the best out of him.

I agree with everything here, but I'm just pointing out that the dabbing and hairstyles make him popular in mainstream media, which is one of the reasons United went for him (I feel anyways). Batard said it months ago and he nailed it. He's tactically naive.

Jose Mourinho says any speculation the relationship between him and Paul Pogba has broken down are "lies".

Recent reports have suggested Pogba is unhappy with the position he is being asked to play in by Mourinho, while others have linked him with a move to Real Madrid in the summer.

However, when asked about this speculation, Mourinho said: "I think you are nice with your words because when, you say a lot of speculation, you should say a lot of lies.

Archived