talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 24 Fixtures - 16-19th February, 2018

football forum

18 hours ago, El_Loco said:

What´s their relationship with City? I know that there are some City players, such as Douglas Luiz, loaned there, but is there any kind of agreement or City share of ownership?

Stan explained it well mate although I do want to add that I think I read that nothing is official as of yet with the Man City group and part ownership.  What's for sure is that Pep Guardiola's brother, Pere, is highly involved.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SirBalon said:

Watched the game back this morning and indeed it was one of those performances like the ones early on in the season where the team became very practical and just concentrated on trying not to make mistakes with a lot of discipline. Infact the only player who in a few moments seemed to forget Valverde's directive for yeasterday's game was Gerard Piqué.

As the press in Spain are printing this morning, a very professional performance and anything else yesterday would've almost certainly ended in defeat and not even a draw.

Pique was caught with his pants down on a few occasions, but luckily Umtiti was there to bail him out.

26 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Pique was caught with his pants down on a few occasions, but luckily Umtiti was there to bail him out.

That spell he had reminded me of the same thing he done in the Confederations Cup Final against Brazil some years back where he was all over the place and got caught out for a spell of 20 minutes.  Neymar just stuck to him for that spell and they were out of sight by the time Spain got playing.  I'm referring to that because in the Champions League moments like that can leave the team without options.

• Administrator

Real Betis 1-1 Real Madrid

An equaliser for Betis! The least they deserve since conceding. Centre-back Mandi heads in from a perfect Joaquin cross. Navas got a hand to it but not enough to keep it out!

• Administrator

Real Betis 2-1 Real Madrid

The turnaround complete! Real Madrid are left wide open at the back and the left-back Junior has all the time in the world to pick his spot. Squeezes through Navas' hands and Nacho ends up kicking it in to his own net. The efforts to clear were all in vain!

Great game to watch!

• Administrator

4-2 now to Real Madrid! 

Too much quality in the Madrid attacking ranks but giving too much space to Ronaldo (for the 1st and 4th Madrid goals) is asking for trouble. 

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• The topic was unpinned

Archived