• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dutch General Election

football forum

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Wilders largest party, he won't see power though because of a coalition formed by the others.

As I told you back then at TFF, little hope has Wilders to do anything taking into account the proportional system the Netherlands follows. And polling at 15-20 % is even worse than expected.

9 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

As I told you back then at TFF, little hope has Wilders to do anything taking into account the proportional system the Netherlands follows. And polling at 15-20 % is even worse than expected.

I don't really care much about polling trending negative towards right wingers in the final stretch it's almost a pat on the back now. I just said he won't see power, I don't think Le Pen will either for what it's worth

Wilders will not win. He is a terrible campaigner.

First thing tomorrow, I will vote for Thierry Baudet and his Forum voor Democratie, the most promising Dutch politician I have seen in my lifetime.

As for the coalition, unless we have major upsets, it will probably a centrist government with VVD of Mark Rutte as the biggest party, joined by CDA (christian-democrats), D66 (progressive centrists) and Groen Links (Greens/Left-centrist liberals).

Wilders has already kind of won, even though he has no chance to get into power, he has grown due to the fundamental problems with the integration of Islam in the Netherlands and Europe when other politicians have just stuck their head in the sand over it. 

2 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Wilders has already kind of won, even though he has no chance to get into power, he has grown due to the fundamental problems with the integration of Islam in the Netherlands and Europe when other politicians have just stuck their head in the sand over it. 

Very similar with Farage, UKIP didn't win many seats but polling and their numbers ensured that established parties made overtures to their votes and kept to it. It's only because of Farage & UKIP's performance in the lead up to and actual election that we have Brexit

9 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Very similar with Farage, UKIP didn't win many seats but polling and their numbers ensured that established parties made overtures to their votes and kept to it. It's only because of Farage & UKIP's performance in the lead up to and actual election that we have Brexit

Thats about right, Wilders is too much extreme on the other side but it does show that a country has a big problem that someone like him is getting attention, I have seen first hand that the Netherlands has a problem but Wilders isnt the answer to solve it. 

@Panflute - I know America's standpoint, but I am interested on why the Dutch also seem to be very adamant about limiting specifically Islamic Immigrants?  Is it as simple as the fact that ISIS and over Islamic Terrorists group are still about or is it just an immigration issue, and not limited to just Muslims? 

4 hours ago, ATL said:

@Panflute - I know America's standpoint, but I am interested on why the Dutch also seem to be very adamant about limiting specifically Islamic Immigrants?  Is it as simple as the fact that ISIS and over Islamic Terrorists group are still about or is it just an immigration issue, and not limited to just Muslims? 

Because we have more than enough of them.

4 hours ago, ATL said:

From what I've seen they don't integrate and create ghettos. Kinda the same thing is happening France and Sweden. Nobody wants to invite a guest into their house only for the guest to break all the rules.

24 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

When are results expected?

The voting booths close in a little over an hour, and the first exit polls are expected in the subsequent half-an-hour. The results will then be counted, and a definitive prognosis should be here before midnight. The prognosis usually has a margin of error of 2 seats max.

Tomorrow around 7am, the definitive results are expected.

Archived