talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hector Bellerín Criticises Arsenal FanTV for 'feeding off clubs failures'

Footballers just have this arrogance and they do not like criticism when it is justified, I don't really care about Arsenal fan tv but Bellerin should really think to himself, the reason why Arsenal are failing. He is part of the team and has put in some dreadful performances this season, fans pay to watch the game, some have followed Arsenal longer then he has been alive.  Bellerin just nuts to keep his mouth quiet and concentrate on his performances as that is what he is paid to do. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Footballers just have this arrogance and they do not like criticism when it is justified, I don't really care about Arsenal fan tv but Bellerin should really think to himself, the reason why Arsenal are failing. He is part of the team and has put in some dreadful performances this season, fans pay to watch the game, some have followed Arsenal longer then he has been alive.  Bellerin just nuts to keep his mouth quiet and concentrate on his performances as that is what he is paid to do. 

so footballers can't have their opinions then?

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yea but the arrogance of them, they only want to hear positives, anything negative they kind of dismiss and say those fans don't matter like Bellerin has kind of said.    Bellerin himself has been very poor this season and this now will not help his relationship with the fans. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Are you saying that the anyone watching on his or her TV set halfway around the world has the same status as a fan that goes to the games?  I don't care where that fan is from even one that selects to watch from his armchair in North London... The fan that goes to games is the essence of the heart of any football club.

There is elitism in every walkout life wether we like it or not but what's being said here isn't elitist at all but an understanding of a player's place.  He's (Bellerín) criticising AFTV and he's got that wrong!  Why?  Because one thing is for him to have said that the producers of that social tube site are sensationalists and that they are the ones who are maybe profiting off the lack of success at the club....  That's understandable although even then he should've kept quiet and just concentrate on his game. But to criticise those fans on there that go to home and away games come rain or shine is wrong!

Another subject is those fans that indeed are common participants of AFTV becoming sort of infamous and that they may be enjoying that fame. Well that's another story and one that I may find myself agreeing to but AGAIN Bellerín should've kept his mouth shut.

Footballers have no reason or excuse to criticise heir fans when those fans haven't broken any rules or harmed anyone with what they've said.

But whose fault is it that Arsenal are failing, of course on any fail or success there is always someone who profits.  Whether or not people like Arsenal fan TV its just a platform for fans to have their views, they do actually interview a lot of fans as well as the regulars but they are season ticket holders plus also go away plus abroad they are part of the club as well, without the fans how to the club make money and players get paid. 

• Administrator
Just now, VanPaddy said:

Yea but the arrogance of them, they only want to hear positives, anything negative they kind of dismiss and kind of say those fans don't matter like Bellerin has kind of said.    Bellerin himself has been very poor this season and this now will not help his relationship with the fans now. 

it's only Arsenal FanTV he's had a go at. and rightly so. they're some of the most hypocritical bunch of dicks I've ever seen. React in the extreme on both ends. 

I think the point he's trying to make is that constructive criticism of him and the team is acceptable (i.e. from his manager or coaches as he says). I doubt he wants advice from the FanTV bunch because they're just in it for their own money. Why does Bellerin have to listen to them? I'd rather take advice from Wenger than 'Troopz'. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

it's only Arsenal FanTV he's had a go at. and rightly so. they're some of the most hypocritical bunch of dicks I've ever seen. React in the extreme on both ends. 

I think the point he's trying to make is that constructive criticism of him and the team is acceptable (i.e. from his manager or coaches as he says). I doubt he wants advice from the FanTV bunch because they're just in it for their own money. Why does Bellerin have to listen to them? I'd rather take advice from Wenger than 'Troopz'. 

But its the fans on arsenal fan tv who have been to the game who probably have been shouting in the stadium, Robbie hasn't just pulled random people off the street.   Its an attack also on the fans.

Arsenal fans voices are pointless anyway,  the club is just a cancer in the modern day football world.

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just because those fans' voices are on that platform it doesn't make their point of view null and void mate.  You'll find it's a similar view most fans hold and also take into account that AFTV is very clever with the interviews right after the game when emotions are running high and you'll find many fans coming out of the ground muttering the same things before they cool down... The difference is it's sensationalist.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Must make the Asian fans that pay thousands of dollars to travel to watch games the real fans then. Money doesn't make a fan. Elitism concerning fandom is top tier cringe. I don't give a toss if the fellow sitting next to me is a plastic, new fan, or a die hard; as long as they aren't up in my business or a fair-weather that is driving up ticket prices, what others do is no concern of mine. To be so obsessed over what other people are, if the 'true fans' is pathetic; their is no grand arbiter of fandom. 

It's not about money, you will find many of the diehard away matchgoers are not wealthy but simply dedicate their lives to a club. People from the area are the only ones actually represented by the club, so while i respect anyone who gives their time and support to a football club, i find it bizzare when they have no true connection to the club and never will.

There is a hierarchy of support, sorry but there is.

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Footballers opinions on fans when it's not in reference to something untoward like racism, homophobia, anti semitism or fan violence etc... should be quiet!  They have a right of opinion like all people but don't make it public!

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

He dismissed match going fans, regular ones that look like they travel everywhere and questioned their support all because they have the audacity to air their views on the internet and some of it is, rightfully not not, I'm not an Arsenal fan, bad towards the team. 

Bellerin is definitely entitled to his opinion, footballers shouldn't be kept hidden and free to express their thoughts but he's wrong on that part of what he said. 

16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Footballers opinions on fans when it's not in reference to something untoward like racism, homophobia, anti semitism or fan violence etc... should be quiet!  They have a right of opinion like all people but don't make it public!

Biggest Question is how did  Bellerin get to go on Oxford Union. 

• Subscriber

Wow some people in this thread really read what they want in his quotes rather than what he actually said.

Arsenal Fan TV is cancerous and whenever Arsenal have a bad day, you often get comments in threads on here saying "ooh AFTV is going to be fun tonight". At the exact same time the morons that go on it are preparing what quips to come out with after the game to get the most views and attention, which is literally them using the failings of their own football club for their own gain. Yet somehow people on here have twisted it so that these guys are the "real fans" or even sacred did I read? 😂

The guys on AFTV, at least a small part of them actually enjoys Arsenal doing badly because it gets them exposure and if you believe otherwise you're completely naive, sorry. Calling people like this "the real fans" is an insult to football fans everywhere.

Regarding the comments, Bellerin says he will listen to feedback from coaches but ignore what fans say on the internet. Any other response from a professional footballer would make him an absolutely idiotic cunt but still somehow people have found a reason to criticise him for that part too, wow. Imagine if Ramsey started kicking shit out of the opposition in Arsenals next game and got sent off before saying "well the guys on AFTV said we need a midfield enforcer so I ignored what the coaches said and played aggressive instead".

Some interesting opinions on this one let's say. 

15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Wow some people in this thread really read what they want in his quotes rather than what he actually said.

Arsenal Fan TV is cancerous and whenever Arsenal have a bad day, you often get comments in threads on here saying "ooh AFTV is going to be fun tonight". At the exact same time the morons that go on it are preparing what quips to come out with after the game to get the most views and attention, which is literally them using the failings of their own football club for their own gain. Yet somehow people on here have twisted it so that these guys are the "real fans" or even sacred did I read? 😂

The guys on AFTV, at least a small part of them actually enjoys Arsenal doing badly because it gets them exposure and if you believe otherwise you're completely naive, sorry. Calling people like this "the real fans" is an insult to football fans everywhere.

Regarding the comments, Bellerin says he will listen to feedback from coaches but ignore what fans say on the internet. Any other response from a professional footballer would make him an absolutely idiotic cunt but still somehow people have found a reason to criticise him for that part too, wow. Imagine if Ramsey started kicking shit out of the opposition in Arsenals next game and got sent off before saying "well the guys on AFTV said we need a midfield enforcer so I ignored what the coaches said and played aggressive instead".

Some interesting opinions on this one let's say. 

That is the problem, you do know who the coach is at Arsenal xD

I think this is just modern day football now, like on the this forum also, its a platform to speak about opinions on football, now social media is playing a huge part in this and it is creating fame for certain characters. 

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

How anyone can claim Bellerin is attacking all match going fans is ridiculous. To be honest it's refreshing to see a player bite back, especially to certain Arsenal fans who treat most of our players like shit. 

@RandoEFC is spot on.

I think the grief from the fans is at the manager who these are his players, its just a vicious cycle at Arsenal.

3 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

I think the grief from the fans is at the manager who these are his players, its just a vicious cycle at Arsenal.

I agree it also stems from Wenger not knowing how to utilise them to the best of their abilities.

I get the frustration with certain players performance we all do it, but some fans take it far to personally. Walcott was the big one for me, some fans abused him out the door as he was leaving. He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but its not hard to show respect to a player who has played for Arsenal for a decade and scored over 100 goals.

I am willing to kind of agree that some of those that appear on AFTV have become a self obsessed characters that now go beyond how a fan should manifest their criticism and it all seems like they almost believe that they’re a singular vocal point for all fans.

But to even insinuate that they’re not fans and that their opinions don’t count as another valid point on what’s occurring at the club... To hilariously try to say that these people pay to go to home and away games in all weather conditions just for a moment of streaming fame on the internet is as laughable as the criticisms on those that have felt that Bellerín should keep off any public negative vocal jargon on his club’s fans. He is paid to play football and that’s it I’m afraid. 

8 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I agree it also stems from Wenger not knowing how to utilise them to the best of their abilities.

I get the frustration with certain players performance we all do it, but some fans take it far to personally. Walcott was the big one for me, some fans abused him out the door as he was leaving. He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but its not hard to show respect to a player who has played for Arsenal for a decade and scored over 100 goals.

There are just certain individuals who want to go in front of a camera and let their steam off, even if it makes them look an idiot or not, we all do it, if its on here or talking to friend about football. Also fans expect more then what the current coach is able to get out of them,  I do think with a different coach some players will be performing so much better and the organisation would be a lot different. Arsenal have good players but there just seems this block on them and it does have to stem from the coach and whatever tactics they are doing in training, plus at Arsenal the discipline seems very low when you have players like Iwobi who did go out late as reported but still keeps his place and under performs.     

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I am willing to kind of agree that some of those that appear on AFTV have become a self obsessed characters that now go beyond how a fan should manifest their criticism and it all seems like they almost believe that they’re a singular vocal point for all fans.

But to even insinuate that they’re not fans and that their opinions don’t count as another valid point on what’s occurring at the club... To hilariously try to say that these people pay to go to home and away games in all weather conditions just for a moment of streaming fame on the internet is as laughable as the criticisms on those that have felt that Bellerín should keep off any public negative vocal jargon on his club’s fans. He is paid to play football and that’s it I’m afraid. 

Or to dress in a silly fashion way like someone from Zoolander

3-hector-bellerin-london-fashion-week-mi

2-hector-bellerin-london-fashion-week-mi

bellerin-fashion-3.png

Sorry but the likes of Troopz and the fat prick who runs AFTV definitely benefit when Arsenal are shite. They get a stage to sell themselves as some kind of influencer or web star.

DT is the only one with a little bit of sense, but even he has became a self parody. 

Sick of this 'real fan' shit and all. If you live near the club, get weekends off work and can basically walk to the fucking stadium then awesome. But those born on the downside of advantage shouldn't be looked down upon because they don't go to every match. If you follow your club, and take a real interest in them and have an emotional connection with them then you deserve a level of respect.

People grow up watching amazing footballers through their childhood. As I kid I saw Liverpool playing and I fell in love with them, I'm not going to explain myself so some shit hawk elitist cunt who thinks he's better because he supports Notts County or similiar. Fuck you.

1 minute ago, FOYM said:

Sorry but the likes of Troopz and the fat prick who runs AFTV definitely benefit when Arsenal are shite. They get a stage to sell themselves as some kind of influencer or web star.

DT is the only one with a little bit of sense, but even he has became a self parody. 

Sick of this 'real fan' shit and all. If you live near the club, get weekends off work and can basically walk to the fucking stadium then awesome. But those born on the downside of advantage shouldn't be looked down upon because they don't go to every match. If you follow your club, and take a real interest in them and have an emotional connection with them then you deserve a level of respect. Can't stand elitist cunts. Notice it's usually the fans of lower tier clubs who usually voice their opinion on it. Get to fuck.

It’s not about looking down on anyone and a fan is a fan but there is heirachy like it or not... But the essence of this is that the fans that go to the ground are allowed to show their disdain if they feel necessary. You can’t just have the nice things in life even when you aren’t doing what you should.  Or is only praise a permitted expression?

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Are you saying that the anyone watching on his or her TV set halfway around the world has the same status as a fan that goes to the games?  I don't care where that fan is from even one that selects to watch from his armchair in North London... The fan that goes to games is the essence of the heart of any football club.

There is elitism in every walk of life whether we like it or not but what's being said here isn't elitist at all but an understanding of a player's place.  He's (Bellerín) criticising AFTV and he's got that wrong!  Why?  Because one thing is for him to have said that the producers of that social tube site are sensationalists and that they are the ones who are maybe profiting off the lack of success at the club....  That's understandable although even then he should've kept quiet and just concentrate on his game. But to criticise those fans on there that go to home and away games come rain or shine is wrong!

Another subject is those fans that indeed are common participants of AFTV becoming sort of infamous and that they may be enjoying that fame. Well that's another story and one that I may find myself agreeing to but AGAIN Bellerín should've kept his mouth shut.

Footballers have no reason or excuse to criticise heir fans when those fans haven't broken any rules or harmed anyone with what they've said.

No, I am not. 

3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It's not about money, you will find many of the diehard away matchgoers are not wealthy but simply dedicate their lives to a club. People from the area are the only ones actually represented by the club, so while i respect anyone who gives their time and support to a football club, i find it bizzare when they have no true connection to the club and never will.

There is a hierarchy of support, sorry but there is.

I don't disagree that there are different levels of fandom but I don't believe that gives anyone the right to act superior. You really do have to appreciate that it is a very English phenomenon to have a club for just about every locale in the country.  While you might find it bizarre for a person to be from somewhere like Portsmouth to be supporting Liverpool, you have to also appreciate that for a person from a place like Manila the sport is so underdeveloped that it is easier to have eaccess to the Premier League. You probably for also don't understamd how pervasive the Premier League is in other countries. For years it has been easier to watch the PL than local leagues in countries like the USA and Australia, you might think that it is a bad thing and to a degree it is but it has created interest in the sport which has bridged over into interest in the local leagues. To put things into perspective, I knew Chelsea existed before Brisbane's team. Growing up football was just as foreign as baseball or hockey.

Archived