Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Hector Bellerín Criticises Arsenal FanTV for 'feeding off clubs failures'

46 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

For me anything that resembles any criticism of a fan's opinion by a footballer is something that should never occur and that was my first post. I maintain my initial comment that Bellerín being Spanish should know this due to how things are seen there and in most countries in Europe.

Not like the old days in England when you can march down to Islington town hall to meet a player or get Wenger out like what happened to Terry Neill. 

Footballers aren't allowed to share opinions on the fans? Really? 

1 minute ago, FOYM said:

Its the way it was said, he said they are making a name of them selves from the failures of the club and they are not real fans.  

2 minutes ago, FOYM said:

No, never!  Never if it's against the fans.  They are employees of the club and they play for the fans.  Nothing negative about any fan's opinion for me.

Load of shite. 

Absolute load of shite. 

This isn't Spain, fans are not untouchable. If I was Bellerin I'd have said something very similiar about AFTV. 

1 hour ago, FOYM said:

Load of shite. 

Absolute load of shite. 

This isn't Spain, fans are not untouchable. If I was Bellerin I'd have said something very similiar about AFTV. 

Football fans have the same significance the world over and isn't exclusive to Spain. I already said the same situation is lived throughout Europe...  All I said was that Bellerín comes from Spain and knows full well about fans showing dissatisfaction with demonstrations outside stadia, whistling at the ground and the unique white handkerchief message to whoever they find culpable of not doing what the fans know that can be offered, which means anything from the players to the coach or the board. Football is about the fans!  How many games have you watched in an empty stadium and remember this... The players are the first before big games to call on massive support from their fans to push them along.  They can't have it both ways!

take for example your club and the You'll never walk alone club anthem. That isn't given unconditionally and where the fans show their passion an emotion, they want something in return which isn't criticism of how they feel when the fans deem they're being taking the piss out of which is what's been occurring at Arsenal.

1 hour ago, FOYM said:

Load of shite. 

Absolute load of shite. 

It goes both ways. Fans can criticise but so can the be criticised. I don't see anyone defending neo-Nazi Lazio ultras? I don't see anyone allowing Lazio fans to place photographs on Anne Frank on AS Roma's allotted seating?

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

It goes both ways. Fans can criticise but so can the be criticised. I don't see anyone defending neo-Nazi Lazio ultras? I don't see anyone allowing Lazio fans to place photographs on Anne Frank on AS Roma's allotted seating?

That's different and very political mate.  We can't go down that route in this instance with Arsenal... That debate we could have on another thread although I don't know how much knowledge we have here on the forum right now to make it a profiting debate for all.  The Ultra Nazi (extreme right wing people that frequent football matches) phenomenon used to be rife in Spain also but thankfully it's been reduced massively to almost insignificance where football is concerned.

45 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's different and very political mate.  We can't go down that route in this instance with Arsenal... That debate we could have on another thread although I don't know how much knowledge we have here on the forum right now to make it a profiting debate for all.  The Ultra Nazi (extreme right wing people that frequent football matches) phenomenon used to be rife in Spain also but thankfully it's been reduced massively to almost insignificance where football is concerned.

Why is it different? Because you say so? It's fandom being vocal, whether it be about the team, the people, the whatever, fans aren't infallible. It may not apply to Arsenal, but it does apply to other teams.

Fans say stupid shit, do stupid things, and are stupid sometimes. Of course they are allowed to express themselves but they have to accept some forms of expression carry repercussions. It's just a fact of life, for all walks. Wanna be a hooligan? You gotta accept that you might get arrested, banned, or bashed sometimes.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Bellerin is one of your best players.

That sums up where Arsenal are these days.

23 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Footballers opinions on fans when it's not in reference to something untoward like racism, homophobia, anti semitism or fan violence etc... should be quiet!  They have a right of opinion like all people but don't make it public!

10 hours ago, Spike said:

Why is it different? Because you say so? It's fandom being vocal, whether it be about the team, the people, the whatever, fans aren't infallible. It may not apply to Arsenal, but it does apply to other teams.

Fans say stupid shit, do stupid things, and are stupid sometimes. Of course they are allowed to express themselves but they have to accept some forms of expression carry repercussions. It's just a fact of life, for all walks. Wanna be a hooligan? You gotta accept that you might get arrested, banned, or bashed sometimes.

Already mentioned that mate.  Aside from the obvious, players opinions on fans should be best kept quiet unless it's to say how wonderful the fans are and how much a part they play in the team's victories.