talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hector Bellerín Criticises Arsenal FanTV for 'feeding off clubs failures'

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Must make the Asian fans that pay thousands of dollars to travel to watch games the real fans then. Money doesn't make a fan. Elitism concerning fandom is top tier cringe. I don't give a toss if the fellow sitting next to me is a plastic, new fan, or a die hard; as long as they aren't up in my business or a fair-weather that is driving up ticket prices, what others do is no concern of mine. To be so obsessed over what other people are, if the 'true fans' is pathetic; their is no grand arbiter of fandom. 

Great post. It´s indeed pathetic the elitism of some local fans. Their clubs buy our best players and it´s quite obvious that as a result many south american kids end up rooting for european clubs. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bellerin is such a big man, why doesnt he talk to Arsenal fan tv or fans instead of talking to a load of toffs in a room! when really he has nothing to do with them apart from he tries to dress like them!  I understand he was just answering a question but he didnt have to answer it in the way he did as to be honest if he and his team mates plus coach were doing well then he wouldnt have to worry about anything. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

If Bellerin is such a big man, why doesnt he talk to Arsenal fan tv or fans instead of talking to a load of toffs in a room! when really he has nothing to do with them apart from he tries to dress like them!  I understand he was just answering a question but he didnt have to answer it in the way he did as to be honest if he and his team mates plus coach were doing well then he wouldnt have to worry about anything. 

why would he talk to Fan TV when 1) he doesn't like them and 2) he'll probably just get a load of shit from them? 

why surround yourself with negativity?

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

why would he talk to Fan TV when 1) he doesn't like them and 2) he'll probably just get a load of shit from them? 

Arsenal fan tv is made up of fans who have been to the game!   

He is around Wenger and the rest of Arsenal's dressing room all the time! you cannot get any negative then that! xD    plus did you actually hear what he said about Sanchez,  that it was difficult for Sanchez to be in the dressing room at times with his winning mentality :S 

Anything to do with Arsenal Football Club and talking to fans is from a bygone era. What’s more, they veto questions for the few fans that have been able to afford to attend the shareholders meetings.

In saying that, I don’t agree that Bellerin should talk to AFTV at all. 

51 minutes ago, Stan said:

People thought they'd just scream at Gary Neville when he had a go at them as well, yet it was all quite civil. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Anything to do with Arsenal Football Club and talking to fans is from a bygone era. What’s more, they veto questions for the few fans that have been able to afford to attend the shareholders meetings.

In saying that, I don’t agree that Bellerin should talk to AFTV at all. 

Yea thats what i meant, he goes and talks to toffs but doesnt sit down with Arsenal fans doesnt have to be Arsenal fan tv.  The divide of footballers and fans is so far apart now in England,  its different in other countries when fans have their say in the club and can talk to players.

I don't particularly care about whether they profit from Arsenal's failure, and whether that is wrong for a real fan to do. I do care that Arsenal Fan TV is a massive populiser and monetiser of stupidity. 

If they had people with half a brain come on after poor matches, and give solid, consistent football opinions about what they're unhappy with, I'd be a fan of AFTV.

But then, they'd also be a totally irrelevant channel and I'd probably have never heard of them.

6 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I don't particularly care about whether they profit from Arsenal's failure, and whether that is wrong for a real fan to do. I do care that Arsenal Fan TV is a massive populiser and monetiser of stupidity. 

If they had people with half a brain come on after poor matches, and give solid, consistent football opinions about what they're unhappy with, I'd be a fan of AFTV.

But then, they'd also be a totally irrelevant channel and I'd probably have never heard of them.

That's really the main issue with Arsenal Fan TV. It's not a channel where reasonable discussion takes place, it's basically car crash TV. There are some that are sensible and don't come across as total morons but they don't get to be the main characters on this shit show. It's great for opposition fans though.

For me anything that resembles any criticism of a fan's opinion by a footballer is something that should never occur and that was my first post. I maintain my initial comment that Bellerín being Spanish should know this due to how things are seen there and in most countries in Europe.

46 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

For me anything that resembles any criticism of a fan's opinion by a footballer is something that should never occur and that was my first post. I maintain my initial comment that Bellerín being Spanish should know this due to how things are seen there and in most countries in Europe.

Not like the old days in England when you can march down to Islington town hall to meet a player or get Wenger out like what happened to Terry Neill. 

2 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Footballers aren't allowed to share opinions on the fans? Really? 

No, never!  Never if it's against the fans.  They are employees of the club and they play for the fans.  Nothing negative about any fan's opinion for me.

1 hour ago, FOYM said:

Load of shite. 

Absolute load of shite. 

This isn't Spain, fans are not untouchable. If I was Bellerin I'd have said something very similiar about AFTV. 

Football fans have the same significance the world over and isn't exclusive to Spain. I already said the same situation is lived throughout Europe...  All I said was that Bellerín comes from Spain and knows full well about fans showing dissatisfaction with demonstrations outside stadia, whistling at the ground and the unique white handkerchief message to whoever they find culpable of not doing what the fans know that can be offered, which means anything from the players to the coach or the board. Football is about the fans!  How many games have you watched in an empty stadium and remember this... The players are the first before big games to call on massive support from their fans to push them along.  They can't have it both ways!

take for example your club and the You'll never walk alone club anthem. That isn't given unconditionally and where the fans show their passion an emotion, they want something in return which isn't criticism of how they feel when the fans deem they're being taking the piss out of which is what's been occurring at Arsenal.

1 hour ago, FOYM said:

Load of shite. 

Absolute load of shite. 

This isn't Spain, fans are not untouchable. If I was Bellerin I'd have said something very similiar about AFTV. 

It goes both ways. Fans can criticise but so can the be criticised. I don't see anyone defending neo-Nazi Lazio ultras? I don't see anyone allowing Lazio fans to place photographs on Anne Frank on AS Roma's allotted seating?

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

It goes both ways. Fans can criticise but so can the be criticised. I don't see anyone defending neo-Nazi Lazio ultras? I don't see anyone allowing Lazio fans to place photographs on Anne Frank on AS Roma's allotted seating?

That's different and very political mate.  We can't go down that route in this instance with Arsenal... That debate we could have on another thread although I don't know how much knowledge we have here on the forum right now to make it a profiting debate for all.  The Ultra Nazi (extreme right wing people that frequent football matches) phenomenon used to be rife in Spain also but thankfully it's been reduced massively to almost insignificance where football is concerned.

45 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's different and very political mate.  We can't go down that route in this instance with Arsenal... That debate we could have on another thread although I don't know how much knowledge we have here on the forum right now to make it a profiting debate for all.  The Ultra Nazi (extreme right wing people that frequent football matches) phenomenon used to be rife in Spain also but thankfully it's been reduced massively to almost insignificance where football is concerned.

Why is it different? Because you say so? It's fandom being vocal, whether it be about the team, the people, the whatever, fans aren't infallible. It may not apply to Arsenal, but it does apply to other teams.

Fans say stupid shit, do stupid things, and are stupid sometimes. Of course they are allowed to express themselves but they have to accept some forms of expression carry repercussions. It's just a fact of life, for all walks. Wanna be a hooligan? You gotta accept that you might get arrested, banned, or bashed sometimes.

Archived