talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

4 West Brom Players Involved in Spanish Training Camp Incident

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Pardew's an absolute fraud of a manager. I'm not a huge Pulis fan either but I'd sooner him than Pardew.

That isn't to say they were wrong to get rid of Pulis.

Nailed on they bin him off the game before they play us.

He really shouldn't have been given another Premier League job after Charlton Athletic, and then again after ourselves. He can always point to the fact that he was never in the bottom three with us, which is the only thing he had going for him by the end. 

Upon seeing how both of them did things I'm amazed that the West Brom board replaced Pulis with Pardew. It wouldn't surprise me if there thought process didn't go beyond: "Pulis had Palace mid table, Pardew had Palace in an FA Cup Final". That overlooks that at our worst under Alan Pardew we looked a lot worse than we ever did under Tony Pulis for a very long period of time. 

Thankfully this bad spell will hopefully mean he won't go back to being a pundit. There was something fundamentally wrong with him judging Frank De Boer when it was his shit signing of Chung Yong-Lee who made the major mistake in De Boers final game. 

I presume his next job will be at somebody like Reading. He's worked there previously and done well. The owners could overlook the last two years at a lower level. Either that or he will take some judgemental route with punditry.

• Subscriber

Runs like "never been in the bottom three" and "never been relegated" are quite misleading because they're often due to being sacked before they had the chance. Pulis this season retains his record of never being relegated despite leaving West Brom in absolutely atrocious form.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Pardew playing down the talk of a row with Carver, Gareth Barry seen clubbing before a game, Pardew saying survival looks unlikely. The lack of discipline given all the experience at that club is amazing.

apparently Barry was allowed out cos he wasn't gonna be in the squad anyway due to suspension (?). 

Carver allegedly told a fan to 'shut their gob' yesterday too xD 

Archived