The better place to talk football.

Hakan Sukur - The man who can't go home

football forum

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I've known about this for a long while now.  He's seen as a terrorist by the Turkish government.

Think thats because of his ties to Gulen and what they tried to do a while back to get him extradited.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think thats because of his ties to Gulen and what they tried to do a while back to get him extradited.

Yeah, it's very complicated and the story I've been given has two versions (as most stories do).  One version I got was from A Kurdish/Turkish friend of mine and the other one from a full blown Turkish national.  The problem there is that due to the hatred each side has for eachother the truth probably resides somewhere in the middle.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, it's very complicated and the story I've been given has two versions (as most stories do).  One version I got was from A Kurdish/Turkish friend of mine and the other one from a full blown Turkish national.  The problem there is that due to the hatred each side has for eachother the truth probably resides somewhere in the middle.

They won't see eye to eye because of his alternate ties to the then president of Turkey and how he wanted to come back and move everything towards an Islamic country. As you said in situations like this you're never going to get the true story because of whats at stake and who are involved too.

Archived