talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Casa de Papel (Money Heist)

football forum

Is anyone else watching the spanish series "La Casa de Papel"? The english title is "Money Heist" and it´s available on Netflix. Highly recommend. 

Plot synopsis: 

"Spanish television series whose plot revolves around the perfect bank robbery - in this case, not only a bank, but the National Coinage and Stamp Factory, the Royal Mint of Spain."

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The English title is really off putting to me for some reason, I don't know why. But the trailer on Netflix looks good. I'll have to get started on it sometime soon.

Yeah, the English title and the description are just generic and sound stupid... Give it a go, I'm sure you'll like it. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, nudge said:

@El_Loco Season Two is now out, and it's quality!

I´ve already finished it. xD The series got really popular in Brazil and Argentina. 

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The English title is really off putting to me for some reason, I don't know why. But the trailer on Netflix looks good. I'll have to get started on it sometime soon.

They should just have stuck with the original title. The english title is indeed too generic. 

• 1 year later...

Just caught up with watching all of Series 3 that's out right now. 

Fucking unreal how good this show is....I'm almost upset that I'm finished with it until the next episode is out. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Didn't even realise there was a thread for this.

Watched the first season ages ago, maybe even last year? 

Who's everyone's favourite character(s?)

It really is a brilliant programme. I was hooked straight away. 

As an aside, if anyone is interested, Rio, Denver & Alison Parker are all in a series called Elite which was alright as well. Not as good or gripping as Money Heist but enough to have adequate interest in. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Didn't even realise there was a thread for this.

Watched the first season ages ago, maybe even last year? 

Who's everyone's favourite character(s?)

It really is a brilliant programme. I was hooked straight away. 

As an aside, if anyone is interested, Rio, Denver & Alison Parker are all in a series called Elite which was alright as well. Not as good or gripping as Money Heist but enough to have adequate interest in. 

It´s pretty obvious who my favorite character is. haha On the other hand, I hate Arturito´s guts. xD

• Upvote 1

Favorite character was Berlin because of how damn intriguing he was. 

Helsinki is fantastic even though he isn't one of the 'major' players. 

They are all fantastic, although like @El Profesor, I hate Arturito. 

Rio, Nairobi, Denver are all fucking fantastic and great in their own, special way. 

The new characters in S3 are great as well. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Finished watching S3 over the past 48 hours (Yep, I love a good binge!)

Maybe it's because I love the series so much but I wanted at least one more episode. The way it's ended does leave a lot of intrigue for future series though!

I love the 'Marseilles' character. Integral to the plan but very understated and much less involved than any other character. I like the way they've included him in some scenes (in the planning stages) but never given him lines although you know he's there. Leaves a nice level of wonder about him and you have to be patient. 

Palermo is a lovable rogue. A character many would hate and not give a chance but it's someone you need as a leader. Can be a cunt though not gonna lie xD 

Apart from programmes like Hustle and perhaps the Oceans' film series I can't remember ever watching a series like this - so many twists and turns. When you think something is predictable, there's another angle taken. When you think of the unpredictable or when you think you've got something cracked, something else takes precedence or something even more unpredictable happens. 

Already can't wait for the next season.

On 26/07/2019 at 17:51, El Profesor said:

It´s pretty obvious who my favorite character is. haha On the other hand, I hate Arturito´s guts. xD

What an absolute thundercunt he is. I always hate people that talk too much and I love when he gets in to situations he can't handle xD 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Holy shit, I'm on Season 2, and I just watched 

The scene where Berlin pushes Tokyo out of the Royal Mint. What. A. Fucking. Boss. She deserved that so much.

• The title was changed to La Casa de Papel (Money Heist)