talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Casa de Papel (Money Heist)

football forum

Binged the first two seasons in 4 days. Yea this show is up there with the best. Well done.

I was surprised they had some Fado on the soundtrack, didn't see it coming at all.

Edited by Machado
  • Upvote 1

On 06/05/2020 at 00:35, Machado said:

Binged the first two seasons in 4 days. Yea this show is up there with the best. Well done.

Finished the 2nd season tonight and..

I was very sad about Berlin's death. The ending was perfect. You can tell that it was the ending the creators had in mind, but Netflix forced them to do more seasons.

Are Season/Part 3 and 4 any good?

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Hide contents

I was very sad about Berlin's death. The ending was perfect. You can tell that it was the ending the creators had in mind, but Netflix forced them to do more seasons.

I'm watching season 3 and so far seems a remake of season 1 but not so good... I'm not giving up just yet but I've been told this slows down a lot, a bit like Prison Break.

Yea he's a lovable piece of shit isn't he, ahah.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Machado said:

Yea he's a lovable piece of shit isn't he, ahah.

Yeah, but he was the only one who truly stuck to the Professors plan! I remember the episode when Nairobi took charge, and then the episode where he resumed control. I felt safe. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yeah, but he was the only one who truly stuck to the Professors plan! I remember the episode when Nairobi took charge, and then the episode where he resumed control. I felt safe. 

Wow. Here’s me thinking I was the only asshole that had Berlin as their favorite xD

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy said:

He's a badass. Would be a great Bond Villain.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Wow. Here’s me thinking I was the only asshole that had Berlin as their favorite xD

At first I thought he was the typical asshole as well, but he was the only one that could make the Professors plan really work with his leadership. He also shows empathy to his colleagues, except when he pushes Tokyo out of the building which was totally justified though because she's just annoying and put everyone in danger multiple times. And in the end, well with him dying anyway, but he made sure everyone got out safe and risked his life for it. Bella Ciao Bella Ciao, Bella Ciao Ciao Ciao... Fantastic character and actor. 

6 minutes ago, Machado said:

He's a badass. Would be a great Bond Villain.

The thing with the Bond Villain crossed my mind too. Not sure if the actor speaks English, but he'd make a great villain in anything. 

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Tommy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Slight drop in season 3 but still worth persisting with. Picks back up in season 4 with more twists. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Those dubbed versions are horrible xD

Yep! I remember first watching it, right back at the start S1 E1, I started it with the English dubbing and I just could not stand it. Barely got to 10 mins I think and switched it back to Spanish with English subs. So thankful I did that xD

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yep! I remember first watching it, right back at the start S1 E1, I started it with the English dubbing and I just could not stand it. Barely got to 10 mins I think and switched it back to Spanish with English subs. So thankful I did that xD

I watch it with Spanish subs(since they speak so fast and you don't always catch it all) but even if I didn't understand Spanish then I'd watch it with English subs rather than dubbed.

Those old Bruce Lee films were always better when with subtitles rather than dubbed themselves! Classics.

Another good Spanish series is Elite. I've watched it all recently and it was better than it looks like it'd be before watching it.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I watch it with Spanish subs(since they speak so fast and you don't always catch it all) but even if I didn't understand Spanish then I'd watch it with English subs rather than dubbed.

Those old Bruce Lee films were always better when with subtitles rather than dubbed themselves! Classics.

Another good Spanish series is Elite. I've watched it all recently and it was better than it looks like it'd be before watching it.

Yes enjoyed Elite too as there were some of the same actors. I enjoyed the first series much more. I think I stopped watching the second series - not sure if I was getting bored of it or other series I wanted to watch more came along.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yes enjoyed Elite too as there were some of the same actors. I enjoyed the first series much more. I think I stopped watching the second series - not sure if I was getting bored of it or other series I wanted to watch more came along.

Yeah quite a few of the actors are the same. I suppose these will start appearing more and more in future Spanish series and films as there are some very talented actors there at the moment to be honest.

I watch it on Spanish with English subs too. I hate dubbing in general. But I heard the American dub, and my word, it's even worse than German dub. No quality to it. 

ANYWAY, I'm on Season 3 and I can tell that this was produced by Netflix because there's a gay character now. xD Classic Netflix. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Agent Sierra and the assassin make this season. 

She's an absolute devil of a woman.

I half expected it to come to a point where she would go in to labour at one of the most key points. But I suspect that's where the next series will start without giving too much away...

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

She's an absolute devil of a woman.

I half expected it to come to a point where she would go in to labour at one of the most key points. But I suspect that's where the next series will start without giving too much away...

She’s amazing 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Does this get good at any point? Watched the first one and nothing. On par with the soaps. 

Seeing the posts in this thread might answer :D 

Helsinki is hilarious, great character.

El Profesor is easy to understand, Denver is quite easy as I'm used to him from Elite but Moscú is the most difficult. 

I've only just watched the first series. I was supposed to watch this when it first came out but forgot about it until a Spanish lass in Barcelona recommend me to watch it. I had other stuff to watch so only properly started watching it recently. I watched Elite first as I knew La Casa de Papel would be much better, which is why I saved it until last.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to La Casa de Papel (Money Heist)