talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 20th February - Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona (1st Leg)

football forum

Chelsea vs Barcelona  

7 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

2. 2. First Goalscorer

• Eden Hazard
    • Alvaro Morata
    • Lionel Messi
    • Luis Suarez
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Lineker the best. Especially when he debates against clowns such as Phil Neville and Savage, who still think Ronaldo is better. 

Back in 2015 after Barca's semi final against Bayern

"Ronaldo is more complete for me." - Neville + Savage

"How so?" - Lineker

"He's better at free kicks and scoring with his weaker foot" - Neville

"Well, since Ronaldo has scored his last Free Kick, Messi has scored 13" - Lineker

"I don't see Messi score enough with his weaker foot compared to Ronaldo though" - Savage

"Well we just saw Messi chip the best keeper in the world with his right foot not 10 minutes ago..." - Lineker

xD

I believe that purposefully every TV channel hires some deluded "analysts" who argue that Cristiano is a better player, just imagine how boring it would be if everyone admits the truth that Messi is the greatest of this generation thus giving no scope for any arguments and controversy. I personally believe this whole Messi vs Cristiano is just a media gimmick to keep things alive and interesting even though any person who knows football knows that Cristiano is no where close or comparable to Messi. Press needs someone (a second or third or fourth best) to compare with the best, and Cristiano fits that mould perfectly with his padded stats. Some idiots on TV argued a season or two ago that he is the best because he had 15+ goals in the CL campagin while 5 of them were scored in one match against Malmo (I believe). 

• The topic was unpinned
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

I've watched the game. Either one of Pedro or Willian dropped in with the midfield, always interchanging. 

Willian obviously was more successful in leading the transition. He is a number 10 by nature, so to put him there whilst having an Outlet and Hazard in his preferred LW, it would of been the better route. 

The amount of counter attacks wasted last night is still doing my head in. 

Both teams were great in build up but horrible in their execution. Barcelona passed the ball merrily doing nothing with it, whereas Chelsea moved the ball concisely to waste the chance they created.

20 hours ago, Spike said:

I just don't understand this bizarre concept that the team with possession is inherently attacking team. The game may look like that, but upon examining the sport closely, it is easy to see that having the ball can be defensive and offensive in nature.

Supporting Barcelona and thinking they play good football is predicated on believing this blatant falsehood, so don't be too surprised that you keep hearing it from Barca fans.

2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Supporting Barcelona and thinking they play good football is predicated on believing this blatant falsehood, so don't be too surprised that you keep hearing it from Barca fans.

Nothing irritates me more from a spectating perspective than watching the the two centrebacks and the defensive midfielder form a passing triangle for several minutes. EVERY FUCKING TEAM DOES IT

Archived