talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

On 18/08/2020 at 15:34, Mpache said:

Made more

913029e047f2d7442ba7d4996f7502c5.jpg

I looked for a recipe of these online and all the pictures looked way different. Then I learned about Peruvian tequenos using wanton dough... which would look just like yours.

At some point I’m going to try making some, maybe in the Venezuelan style or maybe like yours. The Venezuelan style’s bread is much more like pastry... might be easier for me to do as I’ve got no experience at all with wanton dough.

• Upvote 1

On 24/08/2020 at 15:12, Dr. Gonzo said:

I looked for a recipe of these online and all the pictures looked way different. Then I learned about Peruvian tequenos using wanton dough... which would look just like yours.

At some point I’m going to try making some, maybe in the Venezuelan style or maybe like yours. The Venezuelan style’s bread is much more like pastry... might be easier for me to do as I’ve got no experience at all with wanton dough.

That is correct. The Venezuelan kind are more like Arepas I think, but we do it in a more Peruvian chifa kind of way. I much prefer our kind, wasn't a huge fan of Venezuelan tequeños!

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Was it supposed to be some sort of Khachapuri? xD 

Similar concept, but not a real khachapuri. It’s a “breakfast pizza” with eggs and cheese, the bread’s croissant dough though. I don’t think that’s the case with khachapuri though.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Similar concept, but not a real khachapuri. It’s a “breakfast pizza” with eggs and cheese, the bread’s croissant dough though. I don’t think that’s the case with khachapuri though.

Looks pretty good to me! Bet it is great for hangover xD 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Looks pretty good to me! Bet it is great for hangover xD 

Thanks! I pulled them out of the oven and they just looked totally wrong and then I looked at the recipe again and I apparently just autopiloted and did things a different way without realizing xD

But it was tasty, despite me wondering “why the fuck does this look different?”

One good thing about covid is I’ve been cooking more and I think I’m getting better at making things that taste good! Silver linings or some shite like that.

• Upvote 1

Making Shakshuka tomorrow. I love it and eat it almost twice a month at least. And the on Saturday I'll try my hands on a proper authentic Bolognese that has to cook 3-4 hours. Sick of that canned stuff that has too much sugar in it. Pics may follow if I manage to dish it up nicely. :P 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Making Shakshuka tomorrow. I love it and eat it almost twice a month at least. And the on Saturday I'll try my hands on a proper authentic Bolognese that has to cook 3-4 hours. Sick of that canned stuff that has too much sugar in it. Pics may follow if I manage to dish it up nicely. :P 

Love shakshuka, but sadly I don't tolerate eggs anymore :( The Bolognese sounds nice, looking forward to the pics! I never buy the canned stuff, it just doesn't taste good... It's pretty easy to make a decent meat sauce at home, even without doing it the proper long way. I just sautee some onion, carrot and celery, add ground beef, seasoning, passata, tomato pulp, and let it all simmer... Add a glass of wine if I happen to have any, which is not usually the case. Obviously not authentic, but pretty damn good and simple!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

Love shakshuka, but sadly I don't tolerate eggs anymore :( The Bolognese sounds nice, looking forward to the pics! I never buy the canned stuff, it just doesn't taste good... It's pretty easy to make a decent meat sauce at home, even without doing it the proper long way. I just sautee some onion, carrot and celery, add ground beef, seasoning, passata, tomato pulp, and let it all simmer... Add a glass of wine if I happen to have any, which is not usually the case. Obviously not authentic, but pretty damn good and simple!

Sounds good, and that sounds pretty close to a proper Bolognese too. Weird how "Spaghetti Bolognese" is so popular in Germany whereas Italians never eat Bolognese with Spaghetti. I bought some Tagliatelle for it! One day I also want to try to make my own pasta. It sounds simple but I think the kitchen will need renovating after that. xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Sounds good, and that sounds pretty close to a proper Bolognese too. Weird how "Spaghetti Bolognese" is so popular in Germany whereas Italians never eat Bolognese with Spaghetti. I bought some Tagliatelle for it! One day I also want to try to make my own pasta. It sounds simple but I think the kitchen will need renovating after that. xD

I used to love pasta, but don't tolerate it well anymore, either xD When I eat it, then usually alla puttanesca. Love that... Never made my own pasta either, unless Spätzle counts xD 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

How was that Bolognese, @Tommy:)

I made Flammkuchen today... Think I went overboard with cheese a bit, but other than that, it turned out quite nice. 

IMG_20200922_155754_1-01.thumb.jpeg.6f6f848de0bcd4678116bf10ebf7bcef.jpeg

Oh yea, completely forgot to report in here. 😬 It was very yummy. Cooked it over 3 hours and served it with some greenTagliatelle. I will never eat Bolognese any other way again. 

IMG_20200919_143445.jpg

• Upvote 2