talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

4 hours ago, nudge said:

I'll have that tiny one at the top of the cutting board :D 

Haha, that was the dogs and out the two of you, I know which one of you is winning the 'look into my sorryeyes' contest xD

Edited by Lucas
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Can I have some? That's looking delicious.

Hehe. I'll get the curry, you get the beer. 

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

What's in a Yellow Curry? I've never heard of that before, just red curries and thai green curries.

Turmeric is the main ingredient influencing the colour :) Made the paste yesterday by blending some shallots, garlic cloves, Thai chillies,  lemongrass, kaffir lime, turmeric, galangal, coriander, cumin, salt, peppercorns, cardamom, cinnamon and a tablespoon of shrimp paste. Then mix the paste with the coconut milk as usual, add some fish sauce and palm suggar, the veggies and meat of choice (I used bell peppers, baby corn cobs, shitake mushrooms, soybean sprouts, chinese cabbage, red onions and beef), let everything simmer, garnish with kaffir lime leaves. That's it. 

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hehe. I'll get the curry, you get the beer. 

Turmeric is the main ingredient influencing the colour :) Made the paste yesterday by blending some shallots, garlic cloves, Thai chillies,  lemongrass, kaffir lime, turmeric, galangal, coriander, cumin, salt, peppercorns, cardamom, cinnamon and a tablespoon of shrimp paste. Then mix the paste with the coconut milk as usual, add some fish sauce and palm suggar, the veggies and meat of choice (I used bell peppers, baby corn cobs, shitake mushrooms, soybean sprouts, chinese cabbage, red onions and beef), let everything simmer, garnish with kaffir lime leaves. That's it. 

Sounds so much more better than The Raj on a Friday night. 

Stick me down for a portion. I'll bring a takeaway tub with me just to make it feel authentic.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Tomorrow, I'm going to cook myself Tandoori Chicken. Well, I've already cooked it in the evening, and it's marinating in the fridge. :D

Wait...are you marinating chicken that's already been cooked or am I reading this wrong xD 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Tomorrow, I'm going to cook myself Tandoori Chicken. Well, I've already cooked it in the evening, and it's marinating in the fridge. :D

Usually marinating is when chicken is raw but you have the right idea in marinating overnight for tandoori, always tastes better with a long marinate :D

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Usually marinating is when chicken is raw but you have the right idea in marinating overnight for tandoori, always tastes better with a long marinate :D

I usually marinate any dish I marinate raw. I just stumbled upon a recipe where you have to to fry the meat at least a little bit. Guess because of the Salmonella with the other ingredients? Not sure. Anyway, tomorrow I just have to put this in the oven for 30 Minutes and it's good to eat.

I'm very confident in my cooking skills nowadays, so I'm trying to expand my knowledge to "foreign" stuff. 

• Upvote 2

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I usually marinate any dish I marinate raw. I just stumbled upon a recipe where you have to to fry the meat at least a little bit. Guess because of the Salmonella with the other ingredients? Not sure. Anyway, tomorrow I just have to put this in the oven for 30 Minutes and it's good to eat.

I'm very confident in my cooking skills nowadays, so I'm trying to expand my knowledge to "foreign" stuff. 

Hmm usually when you wash the meat or the process of the cooking in oven or pan it'll stop any salmonella. 

Take a picture of the final dish though! Tandoori Chicken is a delight if cooked right with enough spice. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hmm usually when you wash the meat or the process of the cooking in oven or pan it'll stop any salmonella. 

Take a picture of the final dish though! Tandoori Chicken is a delight if cooked right with enough spice. 

Will do, chief. I probably trusted an Amateur Recipe even though I knew better after all. But I still hope it'll turn out alright. :P