talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

7 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I had you down as a huge sausage fan...

Only if you're talking about salsiccia, my friend. :ph34r:

But seriously, the Italian cuisine is often overdone when someone tries to copy it, when in reality it always takes very little ingredients to get a fantastic authentic Italian dish. 

But mushrooms in a Bolognese or a Lasagne.... get real, man. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I consider myself a semi-skilled chef. And I take a great interest in the Italian cuisine, because it's my favourite. And as much as I like and respect you, all I can say to that is fuck off. :ph34r:

The wife loves bolognais but over the last 2 months has become a vegetarian so that means she is on the lookout for veg mince, any tips?

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

You cant have Spaghetti Bolognais without mushrooms, that's what's makes the meal, cut baby mushrooms are the Bees Knees and even with rump steak. :P

This is absolute bollocks mate xD

Mushrooms do not make this meal! 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

The wife loves bolognais but over the last 2 months has become a vegetarian so that means she is on the lookout for veg mince, any tips?

Tell her to start eating meat again :ph34r:

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

Lentils!

She loves her lentils and can make a lovely homemade soup with lentils, I don't mind them but not too much and just a little.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Tell her to start eating meat again :ph34r:

Lol, it's just because our daughter has become a vegetarian she is following her but knowing the wife (and daughter) it won't last as they tried this years ago and was soon back on the meat meals, she even tried to get me and our son becoming vegetarian but she knows she has not a hope in hell of that happening, I love my chicken and fish meals. 

• Subscriber
On 12/11/2020 at 16:17, CaaC (John) said:

Gone potty on these fuckers, the wife gets them for wee Kaiden as he loves them, well, that's me hooked and the vanilla flavoured ones with the chocolate balls mixed in are fab. :P

thumbnail_20201112_155358.thumb.jpg.f030ba6664fc7f4d8421f03955037e62.jpg

764707604_ChocaletBalls.thumb.jpg.75492c2624dc8ddbcc264385c95ee178.jpg

Am worried about your love for balls.

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Liz knows about the lentils bit as an alternative to mince and she knows not to even try giving me that as an alternative, spaghetti bolognais with lentils, yuk.

There are many great pasta sauces/ragu's that aren't bolognese. 

My favourite vegetarian is this one:

Ingredients:

1 can of diced Tomatoes or 4-5 diced fresh ones.

1 carrot,

1 onion,

2 gloves of garlic,

200 grams of Feta,

2 tablespoons of sour cream

2 tablespoons of sugar 

1 tablespoon of Italian herbs

100 grams of Tomato paste 

salt and pepper, oil to fry. 

Finely dice the onions and fry them in a bit of oil in a pan, crush the peeled garlic gloves and give them a quick fry too. Caramelize it with the sugar. Add the dices tomatoes, chop the carrot very finely and add it too. Now add the Sour Cream, the herbs and the tomato paste. If it's too thick, add a little bit of water. Now crumble the feta cheese and add that too. Now season it with salt and pepper and voila. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

There are many great pasta sauces/ragu's that aren't bolognese. 

My favourite vegetarian is this one:

Ingredients:

1 can of diced Tomatoes or 4-5 diced fresh ones.

1 carrot,

1 onion,

2 gloves of garlic,

200 grams of Feta,

2 tablespoons of sour cream

2 tablespoons of sugar 

1 tablespoon of Italian herbs

100 grams of Tomato paste 

salt and pepper, oil to fry. 

Finely dice the onions and fry them in a bit of oil in a pan, crush the peeled garlic gloves and give them a quick fry too. Caramelize it with the sugar. Add the dices tomatoes, chop the carrot very finely and add it too. Now add the Sour Cream, the herbs and the tomato paste. If it's too thick, add a little bit of water. Now crumble the feta cheese and add that too. Now season it with salt and pepper and voila. 

Sounds like what the wife does and I don't know how but I am learning, I like going into the kitchen and cooking a meal, it keeps me focused at my age and it does give the wife a break as Liz is a far better cook than me and she learnt a lot from her Gran growing up when her mum passed away, a lot that I do know like making a curry etc comes from the wife showing me.

She made a beautiful egg flange the other day with cheese & tomato and that went down a bloody treat, I saved a bit for later on but our son came home late from his taxi shift and scoffed it, typical Liverpool supporter, they nick anything fucking lying around.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 13/12/2020 at 14:48, Stan said:

That's a lot of Yoghurts John xD

I love them, the wife is keeping tabs of them now and make sure I leave some for the grandsons who love them too, bought a pack of 12 at Tescos on Thursday and there is only one left and the wife said "DON'T TOUCH..."  xD 

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Seeing the pubs are closed the wife made me a simple pub meal yesterday, pork chops, peas & chips and I smothered the chops with German mustard. :P

thumbnail_20201218_133617.thumb.jpg.b5100e8f304537cff9cf12ba83270914.jpg

I'm sure it was very nice John boy, if only we could see the picture clearly xD

• Haha 1