talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

On 28/03/2021 at 19:57, Danny said:

Beef looks nice mate, chop the roasties in half, smaller the better, fluffier and crunchier

Not necessarily. If you steam the slightly instead of par boiling and let them completely dry you can get them very crispy. You need a high temperature though. Which can be difficult if you are cooking meat and have one oven. One good way to do it is with duck fat and olive oil. The olive oil helps with the crisping 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

When I was living in student halls, an Italian once had a huge argument with a Canadian, because the latter said Alfredo sauce was her favourite part of Italian cuisine 😂

I can imagine. 😂

4 hours ago, nudge said:

When I was living in student halls, an Italian once had a huge argument with a Canadian, because the latter said Alfredo sauce was her favourite part of Italian cuisine 😂

Justified. 🤌

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, nudge said:

You should! This was the first time I fried it at home, and it's reaaaaaaally good.

I was curious about it for some times now. I will probably give it a go next week. I'm more into Vegetarian cuisine these days anyway. 

Made veggie Frikadellen today, based on oatmeal and shredded cheese. They were surprisingly good. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, nudge said:

What is it? Looks delicious!

It’s basmati rice with tadig (which is like crispy rice, I used bread as a base for the crispness because I’m lazy but if you want to go full autentico, you just use rice), then some chicken that I breaded and fried. And some charred tomatoes that are seasoned with a shitload of garlic, salt, pepper, and sumac.

• Upvote 2

Today I made Burritos, with ground beef, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, bell peper, onion, garlic and corn. It turned out really well. Fried the Burritos in a bit of butter after folding it, which added even more flavour. 

Tomorrow I'm finally going to try Halloumi! Will make a Couscous Salad and an Avocado Hummus on the side. Looking forward to it! 

• Upvote 2

I'm terrible at arranging food or taking decent pictures of it. But here goes. 

Finally tried Halloumi! Very nice indeed. I fried it a bit too long maybe, as it was a bit squeaky on the teeth. But it tasted great. 

With that I made Couscous Salad, with cucumber, bell pepper, corn, sambal oelek etc. And Avocado Hummus (Avocado mashed with chickpeas, lemon, pepperoni and some olive oil). 

Unbenannt-1.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I'm terrible at arranging food or taking decent pictures of it. But here goes. 

Finally tried Halloumi! Very nice indeed. I fried it a bit too long maybe, as it was a bit squeaky on the teeth. But it tasted great. 

With that I made Couscous Salad, with cucumber, bell pepper, corn, sambal oelek etc. And Avocado Hummus (Avocado mashed with chickpeas, lemon, pepperoni and some olive oil). 

Unbenannt-1.jpg

It is supposed to be a bit squeaky! It's squeaky even when it's not fried/grilled :D I personally would fry it longer, but looks great!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

It is supposed to be a bit squeaky! 

I'm very sensitive when it comes to noises, so that squeaking was a bit off putting and irritating at first. xD But the taste made me ignore it a bit. 

And yea, next time I'll fry it longer. I had it in there quite some time and I didn't want to "overcook" it, but it could have had a bit more colour. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

If you liked that Halloumi @Tommy, try making some home made kebabs sometime.

I did some with Chorizo, Tomatoes and Peppers on the kebab stick and a drizzle of sweet Chilli sauce over the Halloumi. Hits the spot.

Great idea! :o 

Speaking of Kebabs and cheese. There's a stand in my city, that sells Kebabs with cheese instead of meat. It's supposed to be very good. Haven't had a chance to try it yet. 

2?w=1280

eb53e258-d4fa-11eb-b3a4-a53a038f8dd2.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Tommy said:

Today I made Burritos, with ground beef, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, bell peper, onion, garlic and corn. It turned out really well. Fried the Burritos in a bit of butter after folding it, which added even more flavour. 

Tomorrow I'm finally going to try Halloumi! Will make a Couscous Salad and an Avocado Hummus on the side. Looking forward to it! 

Frying burritos makes Mexico cry.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Speaking of Kebabs and cheese. There's a stand in my city, that sells Kebabs with cheese instead of meat. It's supposed to be very good. Haven't had a chance to try it yet. 

2?w=1280

You can just tell that will taste nice by the coating on the Cheese. I'd give that a right go!

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

2?w=1280

As someone who orders pizza with as little cheese as possible, this makes me very uneasy xD 

• Wow 2