talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

• 2 weeks later...

Today I learned that for a proper authentic Goulash, you really need a meat and onion balance of 1:1. So if you have 800 gramms of meat, you also need 800 grams of onions. And I thought it was all about the Paprika. :ph34r:

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone ever thought about veganism or vegetarianism? It comes into my mind more often these days because I'm less into killing things and eating meat as I used to be. And I have killed animals, not in a psychopathic way mind you, but for pest management on a farm.  I can't say it really fills me with joy, and since I'm privileged to live in a society that can cater to nutrition without animal products, I feel more and more that I should. Habits and conditioning are hard to break, and my recipe repertoire for foods without animal products is lacking

12 hours ago, Spike said:

Has anyone ever thought about veganism or vegetarianism? It comes into my mind more often these days because I'm less into killing things and eating meat as I used to be. And I have killed animals, not in a psychopathic way mind you, but for pest management on a farm.  I can't say it really fills me with joy, and since I'm privileged to live in a society that can cater to nutrition without animal products, I feel more and more that I should. Habits and conditioning are hard to break, and my recipe repertoire for foods without animal products is lacking

I tried it 25 years ago after reading lots of health books.

Eating mushrooms, beans and grated vegetables etc.

I just got more bloated than ever and eventually went back to a meat based diet.

What I would say is if you can tolerate it, it is a good idea.  Though doing it in Northern Europe is harder as there is less naturally ripe produce available.

Typical argument is about Vitamin B12 deficiency though in societies that are vegetarian this does not stand out. The gut can synthesise Vit B12 through healthy gut bacteria. Forget it though if you eat sugar as this just feeds the bad stuff and there is sugar even in cooking sauces not just the obvious places.

If you want the tasty sugar sauces or other sugar snacks you can always try Vit B supplementation or add dairy products.

• Subscriber
On 24/01/2022 at 12:28, Coma said:

I've just found this thread.  It's on now.

On 25/01/2022 at 12:16, Coma said:

Just realized I forgot to take pictures

So basically less than 24 hours later - it's definitely not on.

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

Got a new cooking project. I'm going to make Döner Kebab from scratch. Already bought minced beef and veal. Just need a few more spices (I need to find Pul Biber). It all gets mixed together and goes into the freezer over the night, so that you have a proper roll, like in the Kebab shops:

1-Hackspie%C3%9F-600x781.jpg

Just in small. Then you slice the still half frozen meat off and fry it in a pan. 

• Upvote 4

Operation Homemade Kebab was a success. Cost me my electric knife, as the meat was still pretty frozen despite it being out of the freezer for over an hour. Turned out quite well though. I was afraid that the meat would fall apart if I put it into the pan. But it wasn't the case for the most part. Made a Dürüm out of it, with cucumber, tomato, feta and homemade Döner sauce! 

28lH0qS.jpg

wgpuaZn.jpg

rJF7vOE.jpg

iNd0IcL.jpg

I don't know why some of these pictures are blurry. Am I becoming John? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Operation Homemade Kebab was a success. Cost me my electric knife, as the meat was still pretty frozen despite it being out of the freezer for over an hour. Turned out quite well though. I was afraid that the meat would fall apart if I put it into the pan. But it wasn't the case for the most part. Made a Dürüm out of it, with cucumber, tomato, feta and homemade Döner sauce! 

28lH0qS.jpg

wgpuaZn.jpg

rJF7vOE.jpg

iNd0IcL.jpg

I don't know why some of these pictures are blurry. Am I becoming John? 🤔

Looks fantastic! :o

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Coma said:

Beef with bell peppers.

Also posting in the pets thread so I get two posts for the price of one pic.

20220202_174214.jpg

I like it, and I don't like it. Are you eating on the floor with the cat? Why is the cat that close to the plate? Is the plate on the dining table and the cat is on the dining table? Why is there plastic wrap beneath the cat? I have so many questions. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I like it, and I don't like it. Are you eating on the floor with the cat? Why is the cat that close to the plate? Is the plate on the dining table and the cat is on the dining table? Why is there plastic wrap beneath the cat? I have so many questions. 

1. The plate is on the countertop, which is granite.

2. The cat was sitting on a bag of rice because that's what cats do.

3. There was a school folder under the bag of rice.

3. I don't know why the rice was there. It was not a part of the meal.

4. The cat was dozing and I pushed the plate under her nose to see if she would react.

5. She did not.

6. I didn't consider the impact the peripherals would have on this photo.

7. My kitchen is a wreck.

8. @JoshBRFC it's still on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3