talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

Do you enjoy cooking? Over the past few years I have become a passionate cook. Today I've made a yummy Thai Curry that was to die for. 

What's your favourite thing to cook? Anything you specialize in? Anything you want to try in the future? Share recipes, experiences etc. here. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Do you enjoy cooking? Over the past few years I have become a passionate cook. Today I've made a yummy Thai Curry that was to die for. 

What's your favourite thing to cook? Anything you specialize in? Anything you want to try in the future? Share recipes, experiences etc. here. 

Now I'm definitely sure you are in a relationship with Kloppische.

I cooked a taco bowl with dry-rubbed chicken, rice with cilantro and lime, caramalised onions and green capsicum, and pico de gallo made with serrano, habanero, green capscicum, and onion. Wasn't spicy enough.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

What kind of Thai curry?

I barely cook these days anymore, mostly because it's actually cheaper to dine out here. 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

What kind of Thai curry?

Good question. It was with coconut milk, green curry paste, chicken and veggies. Probably as authentic as a Chinese rolex, but it was yummy either way :P

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Good question. It was with coconut milk, green curry paste, chicken and veggies. Probably as authentic as a Chinese rolex, but it was yummy either way :P

Hey, I cooked a lot of unauthentic Thai curries in the past, they still were great! Try adding some fish sauce and palm sugar as it helps to balance the taste and make it more authentic, hehe. Also, kaffir lime makes a big difference!

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, ATL said:

I have never really dived into Thai food. I guess I feel like it's got a bad rep for just messing up a lot of people's stomachs.

I may have to give it a go

Messing up a lot of people's stomachs? Wow, never heard that one about Thai food!

Seriously, give it a go. For me, Thai cuisine is one of the best in the world.

Just now, nudge said:

Messing up a lot of people's stomachs? Wow, never heard that one about Thai food!

Seriously, give it a go. For me, Thai cuisine is one of the best in the world.

Bunch of coconut and spices correct? I may be getting it confused with Indian food in terms of the stomach issues.

I eat a LOT of Cuban food. To me, nothing beats that.

Shanghai Noodles with XO sauce. There is a restaurant in Wollongong that will do you a large plate full for $11. My favorite lunch. Would kill a man for it.

But Jasmine Rice is the best Thai in my local area. Specials to die for, and their fish is so on point. More pricey though, but a great night out. Never tried making my own. I whip up a mean Blasian chicken and rice though. Coolios cookbook is the real deal

Edited by Tanksie

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, ATL said:

Bunch of coconut and spices correct? I may be getting it confused with Indian food in terms of the stomach issues.

I eat a LOT of Cuban food. To me, nothing beats that.

Yes, a ot of Thai dishes uses coconut milk, especially curries. The key to Thai cuisine is balancing the five major tastes by combining various spices, herbs, sauces and pastes, so the flavour is very complex and rich. Lemongrass, kaffir lime, galangal, coriander, fish sauce, palm sugar, shrimp paste, chili peppers, garlic and basil are the essential ingredients.

What's Cuban food? Never had any!

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

What's Cuban food? Never had any!

Oh man, we have some solid Cuban restaurants here.

Voca Frita is a Cuban dish consisting of fried and shredded skirt or flank steak. It is often topped with sauteed onions and served with rice and black beans

Platillo Moros y Cristianos is a famous Cuban dish served at virtually every Cuban restaurant. It is the Cuban version of rice and beans.

Arroz con gandules is a combination of rice, pigeon peas and pork, cooked in the same pot with Puerto Rican-style sofrito

Ox Tail Soup

Anything with Mojo sauce.

Since living on my own I have enjoyed cooking a lot more than I expected. I often just plough through cook books. At the moment I'm on the third Joe Wicks book. As I'm allergic to nuts I'm having to miss out on a lot of the interesting stuff (why does all the healthy crispy chicken recipes have to be made with almonds) but it's definitely been an interesting and enjoyable learning curve.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Shanghai Noodles with XO sauce. There is a restaurant in Wollongong that will do you a large plate full for $11. My favorite lunch. Would kill a man for it.

But Jasmine Rice is the best Thai in my local area. Specials to die for, and their fish is so on point. More pricey though, but a great night out. Never tried making my own. I whip up a mean Blasian chicken and rice though. Coolios cookbook is the real deal

I'm extremely into seafood, so my favourite Thai is still Tom Yum Kung, it's a masterpiece...

Not that much into Chinese, but I love the local Chinese seafood restaurant, they offer brilliant crabs, fish, clams and mussels. Also Peking duck is always nice when prepared properly!

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Since living on my own I have enjoyed cooking a lot more than I expected. I often just plough through cook books. At the moment I'm on the third Joe Wicks book. As I'm allergic to nuts I'm having to miss out on a lot of the interesting stuff (why does all the healthy crispy chicken recipes have to be made with almonds) but it's definitely been an interesting and enjoyable learning curve.

Just substitute it with breadcrumbs :)

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

might sound a bit naff but i've experimented a lot with chicken and using different amounts of spices or sauces for the marinade. doesn't sound like anything special but this is coming from someone that would cook very little up until a couple of years ago. Much of that through laziness.

Recently made a very, very nice BBQ chicken and pasta dish. Think it was the best thing I've made apart from making a few pizzas for the family a few years ago xD 

I need to be a bit more adventurous in the kitchen, admittedly. If anyone knows of any simple recipes or simple dishes that can be cooked with some level of flexibility (i.e. nothing too strict, by the book etc) that'd be great!

9 hours ago, ATL said:

Oh man, we have some solid Cuban restaurants here.

Voca Frita is a Cuban dish consisting of fried and shredded skirt or flank steak. It is often topped with sauteed onions and served with rice and black beans

Platillo Moros y Cristianos is a famous Cuban dish served at virtually every Cuban restaurant. It is the Cuban version of rice and beans.

Arroz con gandules is a combination of rice, pigeon peas and pork, cooked in the same pot with Puerto Rican-style sofrito

Ox Tail Soup

Anything with Mojo sauce.

It's 'vaca frita' noob

Just fill me up with a solid Cuban hoagie

19 hours ago, Spike said:

@Berserker

Doesn't Argentina have a sandwhich (is it a sanger?) with the odd name of 'milanesa a la napolitana'?

We do have a food by that name, however Milanesa a la napolitana is not a sandwich, it's supposed to be eaten on a plate. Though there are Milanesa sandwiches typically with lettuce and tomato plus mayo, mostaza or whatever you like. Difference between normal Milanesas and the ones made " A la napolitana" is that the latter are somewhat cook like a pizza with mozzarella and tomato sauce.

Edited by Berserker