talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

On 23/02/2023 at 19:16, Stan said:

Homemade sea-bass, marinated in fresh lemon, garlic, salt, pepper, mixed herbs and chilli flakes, sweet potato fries and a homemade spicy tomato sauce. 

PXL_20230222_180009560.jpg

Whilst I'm sure you enjoyed it, that dish definitely screams someone's on a health kick xD

Edited by Lucas

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Frittata di Spaghetti

frittata.jpg

Lol, the wife was on about Frittata di Spaghettithe other day and said I would like it so she said she will make it soon, tbh that picture looks quite tasty so I will look forward to that. :P

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, MUFC said:

Gourmet burgers or smash patties? I prefer gourmet, never understood the recent smash patties hype.

Both, but I like smash burgers because of caramelization and simplicity. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I'm not even sure what the difference is tbh. 

I'm guessing the difference being gourmet burgers are much more chunkier and have more filling. Whereas smash patties are thinner and probably easier to eat!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I'm guessing the difference being gourmet burgers are much more chunkier and have more filling. Whereas smash patties are thinner and probably easier to eat!

Ah, that makes sense. I'm definitely team smash then. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I'm not even sure what the difference is tbh. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

It's not only that, it's a cooking technique. You literally smash and press the patty onto a high-heat cooking surface (grill, iron cast skillet, griddle, etc) for a short time, and the combination of high heat and pressure results in a larger surface area for the Maillard reaction - the thin smashed patty caramelizes fast, locking in the juices in the meat but creating crispy, browned edges and surface. My favourites are Oklahoma smash burgers where you add onions and smash the meat into it, caramelizing both.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's not only that, it's a cooking technique. You literally smash and press the patty onto a high-heat cooking surface (grill, iron cast skillet, griddle, etc) for a short time, and the combination of high heat and pressure results in a larger surface area for the Maillard reaction - the thin smashed patty caramelizes fast, locking in the juices in the meat but creating crispy, browned edges and surface. My favourites are Oklahoma smash burgers where you add onions and smash the meat into it, caramelizing both.

This solidified my team smash stance. 

• Haha 1

On 18/04/2023 at 01:24, Stan said:

Basically what @nudge said - and if you like onions on your burgers it's a bit different tasting having the onions grill with the meat when smashed into the cooking surface. Some people smash in jalepeno peppers and even cheeses (although I think having ordinary melty cheese if you like cheese on your burgers is better than grilling it with cheese smashed into the burger as it grills) - basically anything that you could put in a burger but isn't lettuce or tomatoes I'm certain someone with a griddle has smashed into a smash burger.

24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Basically what @nudge said - and if you like onions on your burgers it's a bit different tasting having the onions grill with the meat when smashed into the cooking surface. Some people smash in jalepeno peppers and even cheeses (although I think having ordinary melty cheese if you like cheese on your burgers is better than grilling it with cheese into the burger as it grills) - basically anything that you could put in a burger but isn't lettuce or tomatoes I'm certain someone with a griddle has smashed into a smash burger.

alznYMdj_700w_0.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Smash Burger! Not too bad. And gave me the opportunity to use the "food mode" on my new mobile phone camera for the first time. xD

e23a4f54-86b0-4eef-9de4-f2ce5376fa23.jpg

Looks good. Actually looks very good when you've had soup for your lunch and a light pasta salad for your evening meal.

I'm starving... 

• Thanks 1