talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

1 hour ago, Berserker said:

We do have a food by that name, however Milanesa a la napolitana is not a sandwich, it's a food that you put on a plate. Though there are Milanesa sandwiches typically with lettuce and tomato plus mayo, mostaza or whatever you like. Difference between normal Milanesas and the ones made " A la napolitana" is that the the latter are somewhat cooked like a pizza with mozzarella and tomato sauce.

Ah, I see. I just remember the name being odd. 'Milan in the style of Napoli'. I'm sure a few Italians would give that an odd look. Your Milanese sounds like what we call 'Parmigiana' in the Anglosphere, which is just the typical 'Parmigiana' sometimes made with meat instead of aubergine.

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Ah, I see. I just remember the name being odd. 'Milan in the style of Napoli'. I'm sure a few Italians would give that an odd look. Your Milanese sounds like what we call 'Parmigiana' in the Anglosphere, which is just the typical 'Parmigiana' sometimes made with meat instead of aubergine.

Haha yeah. Your Parmigiana sounds in fact very similar, Milanesa can also be made with either meat, chicken or aubergine.

This kind of Parmigiana

chicken-parmigiana.jpg

Looks in fact like "Milanesa a la napolitana con fritas" a very popular and tasty local dish.

Edited by Berserker

1 hour ago, Berserker said:

Haha yeah. Your Parmigiana sounds in fact very similar, Milanesa can also be made with either meat, chicken or aubergine.

This kind of Parmigiana

chicken-parmigiana.jpg

Looks in fact like "Milanesa a la napolitana con fritas" a very popular and tasty local dish.

You'd find something like that in just about every pub in Australia. I'd thanks to the Italians immigrants of the 50s. Even crazier is that Americans will put it on a toasted sandwhich, it's delicious.

• 7 months later...

I'm cooking a lot lately, so I'll post anything unique that I cook up in here. Obviously not just rice and chicken, something "interesting" that way the thread isn't pointless.

Yesterday I cooked up some Com Tam as I mentioned, today is Brazilians finest. I'll have it up soon.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

nice. love sea-bass. Salmon is my favourite.

Any fish on my plate has to be topped and tailed though.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

That looks great, Brian.

Thanks! I just finished it. It was incredible. Highly recommend it if any restaurants offer it to you.

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

you like grouper, red snapper, or redfish Stan?

never had any of them!

Don't even know if they're readily available here (my fish knowledge isn't great). Fish I've had includes the one's mentioned, plaice, haddock, cod, hake, tilapia. Maybe a few more but can't remember. 

Stick that fish up your arse. Hate seafood. I wish I liked it but the smell is too grim. Looks impressive when dished up but it's not for me.

Where I work 12 hour shifts, I don't want to waste my time cooking every time so I usually use one of my days off to make a healthy Chilli and a Curry with chickpeas and Veg and fill up 5 containers worth and freeze so I have meals ready. I also make a healthy Cottage Pie with a sweet potato mash top and got into making different soups lately with help of a soup maker.

Sometimes I'll cook 3 Chicken breasts at a time and do some veg with it to make little meals in the fridge prepped and ready to heat up.

I try to eat healthy on weekdays so weekends I can splurge on the bad shit with my GF.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber

Fresh seafood barely has any "fishy" smell at all. If it does, it's not fresh and you should avoid eating it anyway.

Pro tip: let your fish sit in milk for around 15 minutes before cooking it to get rid of the odour.

Edited by nudge

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Stick that fish up your arse. Hate seafood. I wish I liked it but the smell is too grim. Looks impressive when dished up but it's not for me.

Just now, nudge said:

Fresh seafood barely has any "fishy" smell at all. If it does, it's not fresh and you should avoid eating it anyway.

pretty much this. While it's being cooked it can smell 'fishy' but usually when it's dished up it should smell good!

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Sometimes I'll cook 3 Chicken breasts at a time and do some veg with it to make little meals in the fridge prepped and ready to heat up.

i do this quite regularly. Chicken is my favourite thing to cook because of how quick and easy it can be both in time as well as variations of how you can do it. 

As well as chicken, when I was living abroad and cooking regularly I always liked minced pork for an easy dinner. Any minced meat is insanely easy to cook, actually.

Just cook a whole pack of it in a big pot with chopped onions, garlic, tomatoes and pepper, and a shit load of spices. Then I would just have it with wraps, or potatoes or whatever I liked, until I ran out. Cheap, easy and delicious af. 

I normally just did it with whatever meat I can could get on sale (ah student life), but minced pork was normally the cheapest. 

Edited by Inverted

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

Bought around 2 kilos of beef today, so was looking for ideas of what to do with it other than the usual stuff like stew, steak or stroganoff etc. Just found this (Korean BBQ style Bulgogi), looks absolutely delicious, going to try it on the weekend! 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...