talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

For the cooks. Is there a certain food you get hooked on for a short period? Like a phase?

For around 3 weeks I started having a few roast potatoes with my meal. Upping the number of potatoes now and then. I stopped and then had parsnips as a side but then started having both. I managed to both but it had a small downside. My diet most days is plant food and the carb intake is moderate. These potatoes have resulted in nearly half a stone being put on. Am still in decent shape even so I've only started upping the intensity of my training due to breaking one finger and the other being fractured in August.

Have you ever gone through or go threw phases of being hooked on certain foods?

Just now, MUFC said:

For the cooks. Is there a certain food you get hooked on for a short period? Like a phase?

For around 3 weeks I started having a few roast potatoes with my meal. Upping the number of potatoes now and then. I stopped and then had parsnips as a side but then started having both. I managed to both but it had a small downside. My diet most days is plant food and the carb intake is moderate. These potatoes have resulted in nearly half a stone being put on. Am still in decent shape even so I've only started upping the intensity of my training due to breaking one finger and the other being fractured in August.

Have you ever gone through or go threw phases of being hooked on certain foods?

@MUFC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Today I made a Low Carb Big Mac Roll

The "dough" is just Skyr (German Quark), eggs, cheese and a bit of sesame. The filling is ground beef, pickles, tomatoes and more cheese with a burger sauce made out of ketchup, mayo and mustard. 

9ad3948b-6ec2-4657-92ce-f5ddff6ec745.jpg

4eca75d0-6f06-4793-8a31-63293b9b36f3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Administrator
On 07/02/2024 at 18:46, Tommy said:

Today I made a Low Carb Big Mac Roll

The "dough" is just Skyr (German Quark), eggs, cheese and a bit of sesame. The filling is ground beef, pickles, tomatoes and more cheese with a burger sauce made out of ketchup, mayo and mustard. 

Nice.

Low-carb lunches have been my diet for the past 4-5 months. Low carb tortilla wraps, cooked chicken slices, bit of veg and some sauce. Keeps me full til dinner pretty much, and stops me snacking. 

It's quite boring but it's efficient.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 09/02/2024 at 14:53, MUFC said:

How many grams of carbs per day do you consume?

I don't count. 

Just now, Stan said:

Tandoori chicken and leek pie. 

First time ever making a pie! 

PXL_20240326_181626502.MP.jpg

Looks very nice! :)

• Upvote 1

On 09/02/2024 at 02:39, MUFC said:

For the ones on here who cook. If you entered a cooking contest, what woulf you make for starters and your main?

For the starter, I don't know - but probably filet mignon & some form of potato for the main.

On 09/02/2024 at 05:53, MUFC said:

How many grams of carbs per day do you consume?

I don't count them anymore. There was a while I was on a diet where I'd try to really limit the number of carbs I ate to a very low number - and it was effective at getting me to drop weight quickly in a month right before my wedding. But it was awful mentally and I genuinely did not feel healthy. I think if you want to watch your carb intake, you should just be mindful of how many carbs you're eating - but I'm not sure it's worth it to obsessively try to limit yourself to a daily number of carbs per day.

• Administrator
On 09/02/2024 at 10:39, MUFC said:

For the ones on here who cook. If you entered a cooking contest, what woulf you make for starters and your main?

Starters:

Chicken skewers with some form of barbecue or Asian-style marinade. 

Main:
Lamb keema with rice and naan bread

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Our daughter is here for a visit with wee Kaiden and Kaiden wanted the wife to make him one of his favorite 'Grannie' meals, macaroni with cheese sauce, naturally I had to have some too, it went down well served to my mouth compliments of old 'Tommy The Spoon'. :P 

20240412_115107.thumb.jpg.91cafc82a425ab825e34b26808eb8ef0.jpg