talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

1 hour ago, Danny said:

How’s it’s supposed to be pronounced. Day-ta. Dah-ta is almost as bad as genocide 

In all seriousness though, data comes from datum which to my knowledge is pronounced day-tum so yeah. Interesting topic this Modern English thing. 

24 minutes ago, Toinho said:

In all seriousness though, data comes from datum which to my knowledge is pronounced day-tum so yeah. Interesting topic this Modern English thing. 

It's funny cos how you pronounce it is the posh way to pronounce things, but the Aussie accent sounds like an evolution of a working class London accent

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I pronounce it as ‘stick my foot up @Danny‘s bum if he keep talking shit’. Maybe it is Aussie thing.

get fucked cunt

28 minutes ago, Toinho said:

The English can piss off. We aren’t the ones that decided to use French words for no reason one day. Courgette, aubergine, hoity toity lad de dah mr fancy Frenchmen

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Spike said:

The English can piss off. We aren’t the ones that decided to use French words for no reason one day. Courgette, aubergine, hoity toity lad de dah mr fancy Frenchmen

They did become French for two centuries the poor bastards, must have kept those words from then! 

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, nudge said:

So this is barely cooking, but I made nacho skillet tonight. Extremely filling, but also very good! This was the first time I made it, but will definitely do it again.

IMG_20220906_234214_1-01.jpeg

IMG_20220906_234946-01-01.jpeg

So basically you threw a bag of crisps in a pan and covered it in assorted what nots... The beer I totally approve of 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So basically you threw a bag of crisps in a pan and covered it in assorted what nots... The beer I totally approve of 

Pretty much, yeah xD BUT I made a special taco seasoning mix from a shitload of different spices and herbs, and I chopped the tomatoes 🤔 xD

In all seriousness though, it should be perfect for a house party or a movie night. Literally takes 15 minutes max, tastes good, and hits the right spot when you're craving some junk food 😅 

The recipe called for beef originally, but I did a meatless version with three different sorts of beans, tomato, olives, jalapeños, seasoning, parsley and cheddar cheese.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Halloumi Burger today. With Halloumi Cheese instead of a meat patty. Lettuce and Avocado at the bottom, tomato and fried onions on top. With a honey, mustard, ketchup sauce. 

Quite a nice vegetarian alternative to a regular burger. 

IMG_20220921_174952.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Prepping a vegan Jambalaya. Girl I met is Vegan, surprisingly can have some really nice meals and it’s broadening my cooking skills.42C48134-A8BB-47B8-A95F-D60D4452B05C.jpeg

Nice! 

I've been cooking more veggie for a long time now, as I reduced my meat consumption significantly. There really is so much stuff you can try that are really nice, and often don't feel so heavy as a meat dish. 

Also, you can always tell when a restaurant has an old fashioned chef. Often the only vegetarian items they have on their menu are grilled vegetables or salads. xD Not very creative.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nice! 

I've been cooking more veggie for a long time now, as I reduced my meat consumption significantly. There really is so much stuff you can try that are really nice, and often don't feel so heavy as a meat dish. 

Also, you can always tell when a restaurant has an old fashioned chef. Often the only vegetarian items they have on their menu are grilled vegetables or salads. xD Not very creative.

Same here. How much meat do you consume weekly, on average? I thought about this today, and realised I hardly ever consume more than 200g a week these days.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Same here. How much meat do you consume weekly, on average? I thought about this today, and realised I hardly ever consume more than 200g a week these days.

Most weeks the same I'd say, some weeks maybe slightly more. I could or maybe should reduce it even more. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Most weeks the same I'd say, some weeks maybe slightly more. I could or maybe should reduce it even more. 

I tend to consume more meat if I go out for lunch/dinner, as most of the meals worth ordering usually contain meat xD I need to move to the seaside again so I can reap the benefits of fresh seafood :( 

• Administrator

Cooked some spicy chicken enchiladas today and some sweet potato fries. Went down a treat. 

Diwali is next week so the missus and I will be making plenty of food, as well as receiving a boat load! 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Cooked some spicy chicken enchiladas today and some sweet potato fries. Went down a treat. 

Diwali is next week so the missus and I will be making plenty of food, as well as receiving a boat load! 

This information is worthless without pictures. 

On 21/09/2022 at 14:34, Tommy said:

Halloumi Burger today. With Halloumi Cheese instead of a meat patty. Lettuce and Avocado at the bottom, tomato and fried onions on top. With a honey, mustard, ketchup sauce. 

Quite a nice vegetarian alternative to a regular burger. 

IMG_20220921_174952.jpg

That looks great

• Upvote 1