talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

20 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My parents are coming soon, so I’m practicing cooking some Persian food to impress my mum.

Kabobs and stews aren’t too hard. But I’ve always been shit at cooking rice like a Persian and making tadig (this delicious crispy rice).

I think I did okay last night though

242DDD90-C2A8-4A67-9F4C-AC61F75D0077.jpeg

I'm not sure how I feel about the plates mate.

Not gonna lie.

• Haha 1

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Just googled what a Shepherd’s Pie is exactly, and damn, I'm going to cook that on the weekend, I think. Sounds delicious. 

You've missed out so much on your life.

Make a massive one and embrace what you've missed out on all these years.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Enjoy mate. I am now hungry for shepherd's pie though.

Hehe, I'm looking forward to it! :)

What would you say must be "in it" though? I saw recipes with mushrooms, others without mushrooms, some put carrot or peas in it. I just know about the minced meat and the potatoes. The rest seems kinda optional. But I want to do it as authentic as possible. 

53 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Hehe, I'm looking forward to it! :)

What would you say must be "in it" though? I saw recipes with mushrooms, others without mushrooms, some put carrot or peas in it. I just know about the minced meat and the potatoes. The rest seems kinda optional. But I want to do it as authentic as possible. 

I'd do ground lamb or beef, grated carrot, grated onion, peas, rosemary + thyme, garlic & then potatoes for the mash. I'd probably bung some parmesan cheese into my mash because that's the secret to all good mashed potatoes (but that's probably not the most authentic way).

Maybe try it with mushrooms one time & mushrooms without to see which one you'd like better... because I genuinely have no clue whether mushrooms would make it more authentic or not.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd do ground lamb or beef, grated carrot, grated onion, peas, rosemary + thyme, garlic & then potatoes for the mash. I'd probably bung some parmesan cheese into my mash because that's the secret to all good mashed potatoes (but that's probably not the most authentic way).

Maybe try it with mushrooms one time & mushrooms without to see which one you'd like better... because I genuinely have no clue whether mushrooms would make it more authentic or not.

Sounds exactly how I planned it, thanks. I'm just going to ignore the mushrooms because I can't stand them. :P

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Mushrooms are delicious mate, they deserve a second chance from you at some point in your life.

I mean, I eat them when there's a lot of other stuff like sauce or spices around it, but I'm still not a fan of the texture. It's rubber-ish. 

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I mean, I eat them when there's a lot of other stuff like sauce or spices around it, but I'm still not a fan of the texture. It's rubber-ish. 

chop them up finely and then mix them with the minced meat. Won't even notice the texture but it'll add a lot of flavour to the meal. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Just googled what a Shepherd’s Pie is exactly, and damn, I'm going to cook that on the weekend, I think. Sounds delicious. 

The wife makes a great shepherds pie, I just tend to get the ready mash and cook the mince and just put the mash on top and spread it over then cook it until it browns, but the wife will do her own tatties and mash them up then put carrots, peas etc in it and they come out better than mine, I normally leave all the big main meals to her as her gran taught her how to cook and she is a dab hand at it.

Tonight we had, or she made Spaghetti Bolognaise, I am not keen on Spaghetti so she made mine with pasta tubes but she makes a beautiful Bolognaise and uses Dolomio Original Pasta Sauce then it's mushroom, herbs, seriously strong cheese grated on top, I picked the mince up at Tescos as she will always go for Scottish lean steak mince with less fat.

But she will always fry the mince first and get all the fat out of it, drain the fat off then put in a pot with all the ingredients in it and let it simmer away for a good 30 minutes, it came out beautiful and after we had a dessert of ice-cream with fruit and whipped cream on top.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Reminds me of when I used to do cocaine, tbh.

Thats one of the comments. 

Gordon (to editor): How are those videos coming along?

Editor does line of coke

Editor: Almost finished!

xD

• Haha 1

You cannot tell me Gordon isn’t on something. Bloke doesn’t stay still. 

One of the best comments I read from a Gordon Ramsay video was “Gordon the type of guy you’d like to kick back and drink a bottle of olive oil with.” 

Edited by Cicero
  • Haha 1

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, Inverted said:

More of a Wijnaldum myself. Goes under the radar for really nailing the basics, but pulls something special out the bag once in a while. 

I'd be a James Milner.

If you need me to cook you something, I'll be there and give it a shot whether it's simple stuff or a bit more complicated.