• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

Come and try my Paella ella ella, eh eh eh

IMG_20200403_210611_053.thumb.jpg.a0d2307c89a134ca50a58b99f8d439e7.jpg

Fucking hell that looks absolutely divine. 

Just chicken or proper Valencian - chicken and rabbit?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fucking hell that looks absolutely divine. 

Just chicken or proper Valencian - chicken and rabbit?

Haha there is nothing Valencian, Granadan or Villarealled in this, I can assure you xD

I'm not a seafood fan so left out stuff like Prawns.

Instead, it's Chicken cut up and cooked with some flavourings before, then Chorizo, Red Pepper, Red Onion, Peas and special rice for Paella (Arborio)

Bloody lovely.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Haha there is nothing Valencian, Granadan or Villarealled in this, I can assure you xD

I'm not a seafood fan so left out stuff like Prawns.

Instead, it's Chicken cut up and cooked with some flavourings before, then Chorizo, Red Pepper, Red Onion, Peas and special rice for Paella (Arborio)

Bloody lovely.

Same not usually a fan of seafood either. Sounds nice mate. I mentioned Valencia as that's where paella was invented and a traditional one is chicken and rabbit :D 

Does look lovely. Got a nice colour to it as well. Can tell there'd be some spice to it as well from the chorizo and pepper.

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

Mushroom day today, as I got half a kilo of fresh chanterelles, so did two batches of it. 

First one, just stewed in own juice and then sautéed in butter and olive oil with garlic and some greens, then served with dill baby potatoes. 

IMG_20200721_183641-01.thumb.jpeg.bd1bd41e4a28a300e0416a392302dff4.jpeg

Second batch, the remaining chanterelles sautéed with bacon in light cream sauce. Later served with tagliatelle. 

IMG_20200721_185211_1-01.thumb.jpeg.ed358db009dc43376d832d45ea15eab4.jpeg

Pretty happy with how it turned out. 

• Upvote 3

• Administrator

I don't like mushrooms but that does look great. 

My dad's been baking a lot. Made a lot of cake recently and they taste amazing. Ginger cake last week and a maple syrup one at the weekend. 

Part of me thinks he's secretly auditioned for Great British Bake Off and he's practising on us xD

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/07/2020 at 09:30, nudge said:

Mushroom day today, as I got half a kilo of fresh chanterelles, so did two batches of it. 

First one, just stewed in own juice and then sautéed in butter and olive oil with garlic and some greens, then served with dill baby potatoes. 

IMG_20200721_183641-01.thumb.jpeg.bd1bd41e4a28a300e0416a392302dff4.jpeg

Second batch, the remaining chanterelles sautéed with bacon in light cream sauce. Later served with tagliatelle. 

IMG_20200721_185211_1-01.thumb.jpeg.ed358db009dc43376d832d45ea15eab4.jpeg

Pretty happy with how it turned out. 

I am late to seeing this, but holy shit that looks fucking tasty

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mpache said:

fe324d83c007775ca1df9d48dadf1a19.jpg

Starting a Tequeños business soon, so started cooking these up every few days.

@nudge knows!

You may want to add more things to the menu if you’re going to make a career out of food. When was the last time you ordered food from somewhere and there was just one appetiser?

12 hours ago, Mpache said:

fe324d83c007775ca1df9d48dadf1a19.jpg

Starting a Tequeños business soon, so started cooking these up every few days.

@nudge knows!

So much about this post doesn't compute. How many careers/jobs/businesses have you started now? Can you honest say that you have learned anything considering I'm assuming they all failed based on you not doing them anymore? 

If you are seriously going to start a business (and actually stick to it), I'm sorry to say that you have a tough road ahead of you. 

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You may want to add more things to the menu if you’re going to make a career out of food. When was the last time you ordered food from somewhere and there was just one appetiser?

For sure, and to be honest I'm not even sure I will go ahead with it. But if I do I plan on just making a snack store. Something with a small menu. I still have lots to research xD

1 minute ago, Eco said:

So much about this post doesn't compute. How many careers/jobs/businesses have you started now? Can you honest say that you have learned anything considering I'm assuming they all failed based on you not doing them anymore?

They were all non-profit. And I need to make a career out of something. I have too many learning disabilities to be able to actually complete college.

6 minutes ago, Mpache said:

They were all non-profit. And I need to make a career out of something. I have too many learning disabilities to be able to actually complete college.

Who said anything about college? 

And as long as your use your disabilities to hold you back, then you'll never overcome it. I have known people much further on the spectrum who have done great things and made a living for themselves, the major difference is they didn't use it as a crutch. Just my two cents. 

And I can't help but think that when you say non-profit, you just mean they didn't make any money, which in terms of business, is VERY different from being non-profit. 

• Upvote 2

• Administrator

@Mpache genuinely, and I've lost count of how many times we have all said this in literally anything you've started, but in this new venture wish you all the best etc.

But what does it take you build a business, even if it is just a 'small snack store'.

Target market? Location? Quantity? Ingredients? Staff? Funding? Good quality food - taste, visually appetising? Marketing? Home-based or out and about? 

What do you want out of it?

It might be worth looking HERE and seeing some tips to make it last and get the outcome you want. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Stan said:

@Mpache genuinely, and I've lost count of how many times we have all said this in literally anything you've started, but in this new venture wish you all the best etc.

But what does it take you build a business, even if it is just a 'small snack store'.

Target market? Location? Quantity? Ingredients? Staff? Funding? Good quality food - taste, visually appetising? Marketing? Home-based or out and about? 

What do you want out of it?

It might be worth looking HERE and seeing some tips to make it last and get the outcome you want. 

xD

An explanation: I've not done the FM Career lately because I've been depressed and frankly addicted to my Ross County save.

I have actually logged off the forum for a week due to the former, but now I'm back I suppose I should get to work! I'll try my best to get an update soon. And this time, for real.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Mpache said:

xD

An explanation: I've not done the FM Career lately because I've been depressed and frankly addicted to my Ross County save.

I have actually logged off the forum for a week due to the former, but now I'm back I suppose I should get to work! I'll try my best to get an update soon. And this time, for real.

Okay but the other stuff still applies...