talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 21st February, 2018 - Sevilla 0-0 Man Utd (1st Leg)

football forum

Sevilla vs Man Utd  

4 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

2. 2. How Many Goals in the Game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

100%. Wouldn't even say by a bit, either. 

Streets ahead of the rest of them. 

True. It's very seldom you see a keeper that wins so many points for a club in the league and keeps them in matches in knockout competitions, regardless of how poorly the shite in front of him are playing. De Gea's won them so many games - it's hard to think of another keeper coming close. Buffon in his prime or Casillas maybe?

But I think Buffon and De Gea are the two best keepers I've ever seen.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Correa ffs lad. Stop wasting every opportunity you get. 

Think the same criticism can be pointed towards Luis Muriel. Even more so, actually.

That was pretty fucking poor from United, considering the firepower they've got... to play that kind of turgid shite... pretty disgraceful. But it's the old fashioned way of approaching Europe, keep the away leg close and cagey. And that's what Mourinho's good at. So not a poor result in that regard.

But it looks like they've severely underestimated Sevilla in this leg. And if not for De Gea saving their arses again, that could have gone pretty poorly for them.

Lastly, fuck David De Gea.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 21st February, 2018 - Sevilla 0-0 Man Utd (1st Leg)
  • Subscriber

Sevilla are ridiculously ineffective. We had them in this fixture a year ago and they twatted us as well, but only had a 2-1 win to show for it.

Man Utd very lucky to draw. No doubt the media wank off Mourinho and his 'defensive masterclass' when they were, as usual, bailed out by De Gea.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

No away goal is going to cost them    ...commentators saying job done xD  ..if you ignore the fact that every goal they score at old trafford counts as 2 :coffee:

Couldn't believe my ears. What the hell were they watching for the last two hours?

Man Utd don't come away with an advantage but Sevilla away from home aren't that great. Sevilla really needed to make this performance count by getting the win. De Gea needs to leave Man Utd so they can actually get punished for being shit.

And Sanchez really isn't a Mourinho player. His presence has also unsettled Pogba as he's not allowed to roam anymore because Sanchez likes to run around everywhere (sometimes aimlessly). Rashford & Martial seem to be dead now as well.

Just now, Dan said:

Couldn't believe my ears. What the hell were they watching for the last two hours?

The media will always suck off United though. I'm sure BT was no better than the shite I endured the Fox Sport commentators saying - you'd think the commentators were just dying to shove their tongues up Mourinho's arsehole.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The media will always suck off United though. I'm sure BT was no better than the shite I endured the Fox Sport commentators saying - you'd think the commentators were just dying to shove their tongues up Mourinho's arsehole.

I don't get who they're trying to appease though. No Man Utd fan can honestly sit there and be happy with what they've just watched. I'd feel patronised to be honest.

Is Mourinho done at the top level? The game catches up to most managers eventually and Mourinho has been pretty mediocre for a while now. 

It must be hard for United fans to defend performances like that  with all of the attacking talent they have at their disposal I can't even remember 1 clear cut chance they had tonight.

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

I don't get who they're trying to appease though. No Man Utd fan can honestly sit there and be happy with what they've just watched. I'd feel patronised to be honest.

With the American commentators, I suspect it's to appease the fans United has that assume they are the greatest thing to ever happen to football. Ignore the negatives to keep their narrative still alive and well in their heads. Because chances are every United game in the CL has more viewers than any other CL match that isn't involving Real Madrid, Barcelona, or Chelsea (the other 3 most supported clubs in the US in my opinion). They want to keep these fans happy and watching because that keeps viewership up.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

With the American commentators, I suspect it's to appease the fans United has that assume they are the greatest thing to ever happen to football. Ignore the negatives to keep their narrative still alive and well in their heads. Because chances are every United game in the CL has more viewers than any other CL match that isn't involving Real Madrid, Barcelona, or Chelsea (the other 3 most supported clubs in the US in my opinion). They want to keep these fans happy and watching because that keeps viewership up.

I've seen more Spurs and Liverpool fans than Chelsea tbh

Just now, Cicero said:

I've seen more Spurs and Liverpool fans than Chelsea tbh

Yeah, it might be different depending on where you are. Chelsea have a pretty massive fanbase in San Diego, despite San Diego having a bar just for us Liverpool fans. I've never seen an American Spurs fan though.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Thoroughly depressing that that's the case. Won't call a spade a spade.

Just now, Dan said:

Thoroughly depressing that that's the case. Won't call a spade a spade.

Fox Sport's general football commentary/punditry is depressing as fuck. Having to hear Alexi Lalas (you might ask "who?" and to that I will say "exactly!" ... but he was a bog-standard defender who played in Italy once before they realised he was shite, pretty much his claim to fame) give his opinion on anything is awful.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived