• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Saudis in Spain

football forum

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

I posted this a while ago.  It seems La Liga have their tongue firmly in the ass or the Arabs, beIN also control all the TV in Spain. Very worrying. 

I do like how it has backfired on them and they aren't getting a game whilst the clubs are inundated with thousands of angry Saudi fans on social media.

I only heard about the story this week on BBC's World Football show and it has been wholly unsuccessful so far. Not to mention completely screwing the clubs where these players came from.

Disgustingly it’s the way football is going all over Europe. The Premier League are also signing joint deals with Gulf States and even though BeIn Sports owns the foreign rights to La Liga, in Spain it’s always been owned by MediaPro.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Disgustingly it’s the way football is going all over Europe. The Premier League are also signing joint deals with Gulf States and even though BeIn Sports owns the foreign rights to La Liga, in Spain it’s always been owned by MediaPro.

I saw an advert for La Liga out here on BeIn sport and it was horrific but also expected, an Asian boy telling his mum about how they feel part of the game and the club etc with Messi and co in the background.

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

I saw an advert for La Liga out here on BeIn sport and it was horrific but also expected, an Asian boy telling his mum about how they feel part of the game and the club etc with Messi and co in the background.

Obviously, those who buy the rights to show a product then choose how they sell it to their potential constomers... They’ll be using mind setting manipulation as is used by marketing people so as to click in to make it a necessity. I work in that industry myself and to be honest I have to be cold as ice in the knowledge that we manipulate everyone.

BeIn Sports has owned the rights for La Liga in the US. For over 6 years now and over there they sell it in a different manner designed for the North American mind.

Football all over is going this way and they’ve sold their soul and pulled down their pants while bending over to all mate!

Football no longer has anything to do with local identity.

35 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Obviously, those who buy the rights to show a product then choose how they sell it to their potential constomers... They’ll be using mind setting manipulation as is used by marketing people so as to click in to make it a necessity. I work in that industry myself and to be honest I have to be cold as ice in the knowledge that we manipulate everyone.

BeIn Sports has owned the rights for La Liga in the US. For over 6 years now and over there they sell it in a different manner designed for the North American mind.

Football all over is going this way and they’ve sold their soul and pulled down their pants while bending over to all mate!

Football no longer has anything to do with local identity.

Bein owns the rights also in the Spain from this season.  Bein La Liga shows most of the games.

What I do not like about this whole deal, is that the certain clubs have a history of religious backgrounds which is also displayed on their badges,  this has been modified so it fits with them and doesn't upset the Arab nations,  which is just a disgrace. 

2 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Bein owns the rights also in the Spain from this season.  

BeIn is a channel portal in Spain like for example SKY SPORTS in the UK or Italy... Clubs make their own personal deals if the club is influential enough. For example FC Barcelona sold their rights to Movistar Telecommunications about three years ago which caused a storm when they departed from the blanket company MediaPro... Real Madrid remain with MediaPro but are in the process of selling their rights to Telefonica.  The Spanish telecommunications giant also owns Britain’s national telecommunications service, BT Telecom.  We are in a new era mate of where we don’t know where we stand and owners cultivate and influence us depending on cultural differences.

4 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

What I do not like about this whole deal, is that the certain clubs have a history of religious backgrounds which is also displayed on their badges,  this has been modified so it fits with them and doesn't upset the Arab nations,  which is just a disgrace. 

Agree with this but again that’s all about marketing and potential customers mate.  Why I said in a previous post about pulling down one’s pants and bending over!

Thankfully those crest changes are only for those countries who see it as important not to see a crucifix just in case they’re offended which tells you more about them than anything else.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

BeIn is a channel portal in Spain like for example SKY SPORTS in the UK or Italy... Clubs make their own personal deals if the club is influential enough. For example FC Barcelona sold their rights to Movistar Telecommunications about three years ago which caused a storm when they departed from the blanket company MediaPro... Real Madrid remain with MediaPro but are in the process of selling their rights to Telefonica.  The Spanish telecommunications giant also owns Britain’s national telecommunications service, BT Telecom.  We are in a new era mate of where we don’t know where we stand and owners cultivate and influence us depending on cultural differences.

Yea i know how it all works I have all the channels through the satellite.   Won't be long til Bein come to England and swallow up all the Premier League games. 

1 minute ago, VanPaddy said:

Yea i know how it all works I have all the channels through the satellite.   Won't be long til Bein come to England and swallow up all the Premier League games. 

Well the Premier League has just signed a partnership contract with Qatari media which also owns BeIn Sports.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Agree with this but again that’s all about marketing and potential customers mate.  Why I said in a previous post about pulling down one’s pants and bending over!

Thankfully those crest changes are only for those countries who see it as important not to see a crucifix just in case they’re offended which tells you more about them than anything else.

I understand that money is the most important but it just destroys the whole rawness of how the clubs begun and creating a fake history to suit someone else because of Money.   The same thing will happen to a club like Ajax, Arabs will block the Jewish history of the club. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

Well the Premier League has just signed a partnership contract with Qatari media which also owns BeIn Sports.

Yea but I mean you do not see them channels in England yet,  but there will be a time when you do as they will have their own platform due to their finances to overtake Sky very quickly. 

3 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Yea but I mean you do not see them channels in England yet,  but there will be a time when you do as they will have their own platform due to their finances to overtake Sky very quickly. 

Well SKY are losing their foothold slowly, it’s been visible for a while due to the telecommunications companies having more influence and global power.  The channels themselves aren’t the problem, the issue lies in what Danny wrote about how it’s marketed abroad which is under the control of rights ownership.

5 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Spains version of SKY is CANAL+ which runs the show in Spain and where BeIn Sports buy games of them... That’s internal.  But even CANAL+ has been losing power over recent years.

30 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It's our fault(the English) to be honest, we started all this shit and now it's spreading around Europe's top leagues like aids as clubs around Europe are doing it to keep up with modern times.

America started it with their sports which now is happening to football. 

12 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

America started it with their sports which now is happening to football. 

America was very late to the party when it came to globalising their leagues. Especially when you consider that their top 4 sports are the pinnacle of each league.

2 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

America was very late to the party when it came to globalising their leagues. Especially when you consider that their top 4 sports are the pinnacle of each league.

Well not on the commercial side with sponsorships on stadiums etc. 

3 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Well not on the commercial side with sponsorships on stadiums etc. 

Due to the unique nature of how tv works in the US where they have publicity spots in the middle of games and the emphasis on graphics within games themselves, in North America stadium and team sponsorship isn’t as necessary and for that reason isn’t a pronounced. Their methods for publicity are more blatant tv wise which is something that isn’t accepted in Europe by viewers. Plus the fan (even today although obviously changing) isn’t as ethically important in the US as it is in Europe. 

Archived